Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2013, 06:50 AM

42,763 posts, read 52,904,236 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mainebrokerman View Post
thats a two way street sophie..... if a bull has the prettiest cow in the pasture,,,all the other bulls are going to try mounting her when he's not around...(don't you love farm analogies)
Lol awwww I couldn't give you a rep. I'm pretty sure I saw tread marks over her head. ZOOOOoooooom!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2013, 06:52 AM

523 posts, read 840,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highlife2 View Post
Its because very few women actually do this. When the rubber meets the road a hot woman wants a hot guy.
I think this is true. People of similar looks will be attracted to each other. Those that say they date "below their looks" may be thinking too highly of themselves.

Old 07-30-2013, 08:38 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,627,396 times
If I'm attracted to a guy, I always think he's better looking than me. He might not see it that way but that's just my perception.

Old 07-30-2013, 08:46 AM

52,308 posts, read 52,771,567 times
Another article wallowing in insecurites.... blah blah blah........

Old 07-30-2013, 01:37 PM

4,463 posts, read 6,234,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogluvr2013 View Post
I think this is true. People of similar looks will be attracted to each other. Those that say they date "below their looks" may be thinking too highly of themselves.
I did that for 4 years, I wish I could have thoes 4 years back and would have made different choices especially with the couple of women that were interested in me back then but I thought I could get someone hotter. When I look back there is no way I could have known I would have had so little opprotuinty in the future.

Old 07-30-2013, 01:43 PM

1,102 posts, read 1,352,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highlife2 View Post
I did that for 4 years, I wish I could have thoes 4 years back and would have made different choices especially with the couple of women that were interested in me back then but I thought I could get someone hotter. When I look back there is no way I could have known I would have had so little opprotuinty in the future.
Dude, what happened? Are you disfigured? Why are you so down on yourself and what do you think is causing your current hot girl cold streak?

Old 07-30-2013, 01:49 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,190,542 times
While I prefer to be the "pretty one" in the relationship - I've dated guys that were very attractive. It's not that I wouldn't date a guy who I thought was more attractive than I am - but I do prefer to be the pretty one. And, yes, I can be insecure about my looks sometimes, and yes, I know that I will be called vain. That's fine. Like I said - I'd prefer to be the pretty one but it's not like I've ever not dated someone because of this.

Old 07-30-2013, 01:52 PM

4,463 posts, read 6,234,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy1316 View Post
Dude, what happened? Are you disfigured? Why are you so down on yourself and what do you think is causing your current hot girl cold streak?
Its not a cold streak, the hottest girl I have been with is a 6 in my entire life. To collect data I posted multipule pics on hot or not and I came up a 5.5 in my early 20's and I am now at a 5 so it actually makes sense. Had I had this knowlage when I was 18 I would have never turned down that girl that was really into me at the church camp and she would have had sex with me, we could have got married and lived happily ever after and she was about a 5.

Its a real diservice when friends and family are telling you you are the greatest thing since sliced bread when its not really true.

Old 07-30-2013, 01:52 PM

320 posts, read 539,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
Alot of women intentionally "date down" because of insecurity and that the less attractive guy is much more safe then a more good looking dude. It's that simple

The guy who is less attractive is more likely to put her on a pedastal, do whatever she says, and far less likely to cheat. The good looking guy has WAAAAY more options, much more women going after him, and is more likely to stray and flat out get up and leave
^^ I'm going with this too. It makes far more sense than the logic of; "When I’m walking down the street with my significant other, I sort of want the eyes to be on me".

Old 07-30-2013, 02:08 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,214,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SophieLL View Post
My boyfriend of 7 years was a gorgeous model type and everyone drooled as he passed by. I have to admit sometimes the obvious different bother me, but thats for my self-esteem issues.

If the guy is TOO gorgeous (like in my case) and you are jealous or insecure, it can be very difficult.
Two things annoyed me about dating a model: First, everyone assumed he was gay. Nothing wrong with being gay, but don't assume I'm an agent/make-up girl/beard. Second, he had an obnoxious habit of using the last of my styling products without telling me, and when I would go to use them, the tube/canister would let out a "pfft" and a couple of dribbles of gel/spray/mousse etc. Yeah, I know. First-World problem, but it got on my nerves. I'm so glad that in the years since then, the beauty industry has since developed products specifically for men, because my current SO uses hair products, face wash, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships