Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2013, 06:14 PM

24,665 posts, read 69,710,891 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mashi View Post
I don't know why I even bother writing all this.
Because you're passionate about a life being wasted and have the ability to express it very well. Of course he won't listen and the same old refrains will come right back. If ever there was a classic case of trying to talk to a brick wall, this one is right up there. The self pity has become so gooey, reading it is like flailing through a trough of molasses and glue without arms and legs.

Old 08-08-2013, 06:42 PM

23,177 posts, read 12,223,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annonymous0381 View Post
I'm a momas boy.
My parents are afraid of me getting lonley in a strange city and getting depressed
Well then be a momma's boy and forget about being a man with a woman.

Old 08-08-2013, 08:38 PM

2,148 posts, read 2,926,497 times
Quote:
Sounds like your preschool teacher was putting something into your juiceboxes. Every third person you mention has Aspergers. Either you come from a place that spits out asperger sufferers like sunflower seeds or else you grew up with overbearing parents who never socialized you guys the right way and you're all awkward as a result. My money is on the latter.

Again, you need to stop blaming this phantom condition and start taking charge of your life. For funk's sake, there's a motivational speaker right here in LA who was born with no arms or legs yet still has a loving wife and newborn child, but here you are throwing yourself a pity party because some bush league psychologist decided to start his weekend early and just threw a vague Aspergers diagnosis at you.

When you're walking around the mall next time, bring a clip board and ask people the following question:

Which one of the following would you rather have:
A) Aspergers, arms, legs
B) No Aspergers, no arms, no legs

Tally up your results and see what the prevailing opinion is, then pull the plug on the pity party and realize that your only disability is that you're pampered, lazy, and unaccountable. You're a manchild who lives off his parents' teat and then wonders why women don't respect him and employers don't believe in him. Where's the pride? Where's the accountability? You can't hide behind this bulls**t diagnosis forever. Sooner or later, as difficult as it may be to face, Mom and Dad are going to pass from this earth and you're going to be left alone to face the cold, harsh world that they've shielded you from. When that day comes, you won't stand a chance.

Use what little time you have left to really spread your wings and learn how to fly. Stand up, be a man, make something of your life while you still have someone around to help you up when you fall. Your parents are overly protective of you because they're acting out of emotion rather than out of reason. They're afraid of seeing you fail when they should be afraid of seeing you never try at all. As an adult you need to realize this and act in your own best interest, not in the interest of appeasing their protective instincts.

You talk about trying your hand at the job market in Seattle, Albany, wherever. Of course your parents will be against it. They see a 30-something-year-old manchild who can't even pay for his daily cup of coffee. Can you blame them for not having faith in you standing on your own two feet? That's where, as a man, you need to have some pride and prove to the world that you DO have what it takes. Struggle. Fight. Climb that mountain. Don't just lay down and die like a pathetic loser.

What's keeping you from trying your luck in a more job-friendly city? Are your parents going to throw a jacuzzi in your room and make it into a love grotto, or can you come back whenever you please? Home will always be there for you. No matter where you are in the world, you can always hit the eject button and have your parents fly you back to your old life. So why don't you go out and take a risk then? Oh, you might become depressed away from home? Boo hoo. Welcome to life for pretty much everyone. None of us have it easy all the time. We all have someone or somewhere we miss or long for. It's called being human. Struggle with it. Cry yourself to sleep sometimes. Feel some love, yearning, nostalgia. It won't kill you. It'll only make you more human -- something you're desperately missing.

I don't know why I even bother writing all this. Orphaned. and there's an even better chance you'll just blow it all off and keep blaming the Aspergers. I guess I just want to say my peace and hope it does some good to someone somewhere. You don't have to take my advice. Just be honest with yourself and realize what path your headed down in life. You're never going to get off that road unless you stop pointing fingers and start grabbing the steering wheel.
A high school friend/acquantance saw my citi data post because I emailed it to him. He agrees with your two posts. At my parents house they treat my like a kid. Every Sunday through Thursday night my parents require me to be home in the house at 10pm some nights or 11pm other nights. Friday and Saturday nights I can stay out as late as I want. If I come home later than they require they make it an hour earlier the next night or even worse they take away my car keys for a day.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 08-15-2013 at 08:39 AM..

Old 08-08-2013, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Sounds like your preschool teacher was putting something into your juiceboxes. Every third person you mention has Aspergers. Either you come from a place that spits out asperger sufferers like sunflower seeds or else you grew up with overbearing parents who never socialized you guys the right way and you're all awkward as a result. My money is on the latter.

Again, you need to stop blaming this phantom condition and start taking charge of your life. For funk's sake, there's a motivational speaker right here in LA who was born with no arms or legs yet still has a loving wife and newborn child, but here you are throwing yourself a pity party because some bush league psychologist decided to start his weekend early and just threw a vague Aspergers diagnosis at you.

When you're walking around the mall next time, bring a clip board and ask people the following question:

A) Aspergers, arms, legs

Tally up your results and see what the prevailing opinion is, then pull the plug on the pity party and realize that your only disability is that you're pampered, lazy, and unaccountable. You're a manchild who lives off his parents' teat and then wonders why women don't respect him and employers don't believe in him. Where's the pride? Where's the accountability? You can't hide behind this bulls**t diagnosis forever. Sooner or later, as difficult as it may be to face, Mom and Dad are going to pass from this earth and you're going to be left alone to face the cold, harsh world that they've shielded you from. When that day comes, you won't stand a chance.

Use what little time you have left to really spread your wings and learn how to fly. Stand up, be a man, make something of your life while you still have someone around to help you up when you fall. Your parents are overly protective of you because they're acting out of emotion rather than out of reason. They're afraid of seeing you fail when they should be afraid of seeing you never try at all. As an adult you need to realize this and act in your own best interest, not in the interest of appeasing their protective instincts.

You talk about trying your hand at the job market in Seattle, Albany, wherever. Of course your parents will be against it. They see a 30-something-year-old manchild who can't even pay for his daily cup of coffee. Can you blame them for not having faith in you standing on your own two feet? That's where, as a man, you need to have some pride and prove to the world that you DO have what it takes. Struggle. Fight. Climb that mountain. Don't just lay down and die like a pathetic loser.

What's keeping you from trying your luck in a more job-friendly city? Are your parents going to throw a jacuzzi in your room and make it into a love grotto, or can you come back whenever you please? Home will always be there for you. No matter where you are in the world, you can always hit the eject button and have your parents fly you back to your old life. So why don't you go out and take a risk then? Oh, you might become depressed away from home? Boo hoo. Welcome to life for pretty much everyone. None of us have it easy all the time. We all have someone or somewhere we miss or long for. It's called being human. Struggle with it. Cry yourself to sleep sometimes. Feel some love, yearning, nostalgia. It won't kill you. It'll only make you more human -- something you're desperately missing.

I don't know why I even bother writing all this. There's a good chance Orphaned. and an even better chance you'll just blow it all off and keep blaming the Aspergers. I guess I just want to say my peace and hope it does some good to someone somewhere. You don't have to take my advice. Just be honest with yourself and realize what path your headed down in life. You're never going to get off that road unless you stop pointing fingers and start grabbing the steering wheel.
In the 1980s I was daignosed with Tourette's syndrome and a learning disability. Aspergers is something I was daignosed in 2009.

Poster are you a male or female and how old are you??

Last edited by PJSaturn; 08-15-2013 at 08:40 AM..

Old 08-08-2013, 08:42 PM

Quote:
In the 1980s I was daignosed with Tourette's syndrome and a learning disability. Aspergers is something I was daignosed in 2009.

Poster are you a male or female and how old are you??
Aspergers any day over no arms or legs

Old 08-08-2013, 08:45 PM

39,230 posts, read 27,611,062 times
Quote:
Aspergers any day over no arms or legs
Please don't take it as a personal attack, I think maybe you should reconsider telling girls that you are a mom's boy.

Old 08-08-2013, 08:48 PM

Quote:

A) Aspergers, arms, legs

I don't know why I even bother writing all this. There's a good chance Orphaned. an even better chance you'll just blow it all off and keep blaming the Aspergers. I guess I just want to say my peace and hope it does some good to someone somewhere. You don't have to take my advice. Just be honest with yourself and realize what path your headed down in life. You're never going to get off that road unless you stop pointing fingers and start grabbing the steering wheel.
I pay for my meals out and cup of coffee with my savings account money. My parents have a 6 bedroom house on an acre of land south of Ventura blvd. I wouldn't live on my own in van Nuys,reseda or north Hollywood any day.
I'm am spoiled and will admit it!! The fat girl that dumped me who was age 26 lived with her parents in a little house in reseda and she is white like me.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 08-15-2013 at 08:41 AM..

Old 08-08-2013, 10:57 PM

105 posts, read 283,982 times
Rofl. That's all I gotta say.

BTW, MAshi! I appreciate the passion of your posts. I'd hire you as a motivational speaker!

Old 08-08-2013, 11:27 PM

199 posts, read 400,593 times
Quote:
I pay for my meals out and cup of coffee with my savings account money. My parents have a 6 bedroom house on an acre of land south of Ventura blvd. I wouldn't live on my own in van Nuys,reseda or north Hollywood any day.
I'm am spoiled and will admit it!! The fat girl that dumped me who was age 26 lived with her parents in a little house in reseda and she is white like me.
In other words, you want to wear the belt but you're not willing to step in the ring. Oh, well. It's your life to waste.

Dreaming, wishing, and hoping can only get you so far. Sooner or later you have to step up and take action. You've got no impetus to do that because you don't really want a wife and a career like you claim you do. What you really want is to keep doing what you're doing. Actions don't lie.

I can BS everyone, including myself, about how very thirsty I am, how desperate I am for a drink, but they're just empty words if I'm not willing to get off my a** and get some water. If I meant it I'd walk the 10 steps to my kitchen and pour myself a glass. If there was none there, I'd get in the car and go buy some at the store. But I don't really want water. What I want is to keep sitting here at the computer.

That's you in a nutshell. You talk a big game but you're not willing to live it. You say you want a wife and kids but you won't cut the umbilical cord with Mommy. You say you want a career but you won't step out of the unproductive day-to-day routine. You pin all your woes on Asperger's, Tourette's, and a bunch of other conditions you'll look up on WebMD and diagnose yourself with in varying degrees, but the plain truth is that you just have nothing to offer anyone.

Most women are looking for a MAN. Someone to be their rock. Someone to support them emotionally and financially. Someone they can anchor their heart to and know that it'll be in good hands. Someone to laugh with them when they're on top of the world and cheer them up when they're down in the pits. They're not looking for someone to treat them to dinner on Daddy's dime and then invite them to a pity party where a lifetime of attachment issues and social impotence will make up the soundtrack for the night. It's pathetic.

Most employers are looking for someone to solidify their organization and take them to the next level. Drive, desire, work ethic, industriousness, passion, self-motivation, toughness, dedication, commitment, self-sacrifice... These are all things employers are looking for. They're also, unfortunately for you, all qualities that you lack. There's a reason you can't get a job. It's not your blank stare or the limp when you walk. There are companies out there that would hire a certifiably-insane psychopath as long as he could get the job done. Your problem is that you can't get it done. You've got a bogus degree that's going to earn you less in your lifetime than it cost to frame it, and you've got a lazy disposition that keeps you from bettering yourself in any way. Your Aspergers and bum leg is the least of your worries. As it stands, the only thing you're even remotely qualified for is to be the dude in the costume who stands in front of Jiffy Lube waving people in to get their $20 oil change, but I doubt your parents would allow their baby boy to sweat in the sun so you're SOL there too.

Basically what I'm saying is stop whining unless you're going to actually do something about it. The excuses are played out and they're holding you back worse than any imaginary medical condition you think you have.

Old 08-08-2013, 11:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Please don't take it as a personal attack, I think maybe you should reconsider telling girls that you are a mom's boy.
Sometimes I do tell girls I'm a momas boy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.