Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-03-2013, 11:58 AM

50,799 posts, read 36,501,346 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
So the dude is in therapy, the woman knew it before getting into a relationship with him. She was playing games, no?
Who said it had anything to do with him being in therapy?

Old 08-03-2013, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
I agree. However women are notorious for not being able to tell a guy that they don't want to date them.

For instance, when a woman is turning down an offer of a date, she will more likely tell the man that she is too busy to date rather than just come out and say that she is not interested in dating HIM. I think that women think being honest with why they aren't interested in a guy's advances will crush them or that he will think them a snobby b*tch. Women do love being asked out, since it boosts their self-esteem. They take it as a compliment, so why would they want to be mean by telling a guy why they are turning down an offer for a date?

In the OP's situation, I would bet that he was the first guy or the best of her choices for a date from that website. And she did enjoy going through the MOTIONS of those dates. All that talking was built up from the fact that she doesn't get asked out all that often. And he also came with a trust fund and a dad who is a doctor! However, once the excitement of those first dates wore off, she realized that the OP was not a guy that she would want to be in a serious relationship with and then marry. So she dumped him fast and ran away.
Did you even read the first post? I am also guessing this isn't as much a "trust fund" as a guardianship, OP is probably not allowed to be in control of his finances because of his disability...which again, he does NOT disclose to potential dates, and so experiences the consequences of that dishonesty.

Old 08-03-2013, 12:03 PM

OP, I would love to see the letter you wrote her, and I am guessing all the answers are in there as to why it freaked her out so much.

Old 08-03-2013, 12:05 PM

2,148 posts, read 2,926,497 times
Quote:
Be patient and be kind to yourself. Don't scare the girls away with your emotions next time. Not a big deal. Let the girl go. You will find somebody in the future. Good luck to you.

I can only imagine it must be very difficult to live with your condition. When I all of a sudden became this thing called "suicide survivor" (my late boyfriend killed himself), people label me as a woman with emotional baggage. (I never had any mental issues. still people believe grieving people are just equally sick) I know how difficult to be different.

I've dated several very wonderful men after my late boyfriend's suicide. I am in a relationship with somebody who is very supportive of me. There is hope, sweetie, good luck to you and I wish you well.

You sound like a good man.
I'm very sorry that your boyfriend killed himself. That is terrible!! For me it could take me 3 years before I get another date. Hopefully there is hope for me.

Old 08-03-2013, 12:08 PM

39,228 posts, read 27,611,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annonymous0381 View Post
I'm very sorry that your boyfriend killed himself. That is terrible!! For me it could take me 3 years before I get another date. Hopefully there is hope for me.
There is hope. love will find you when you least expect it.

You know my aunt a 43 year old breast cancer (stage four) survivor found her true love on match.com
Her hubby is a computer IT guy, also a cancer survivor.

Don't worry about it, if a woman without breasts can find true love again, anybody can. You will too. Just be patient with yourself and others, okay?

((((( )))))

Old 08-03-2013, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
Did you tell her about your trust fund?

It seems to me that the two of you are close to the same level in terms of looks. And except for your trust fund, similar in terms of you living at home and her sharing a car with her mom. Because she is not a ten in looks, you are probably the only guy on plentyoffish that was interested in dating her. And the dates went well and she could tell that you really liked her... and she likes you back, but just not as seriously.

So once you mentioned wanting a serious relationship with her and a possible marriage down the line, she took a serious think and decided that she could be "in love" with you back and never be your wife. And so she broke it off with you now, rather than really break your heart later on down the line.

And that's why she is blocking you totally out of her life now. She is thinking that she wants to prevent you from getting even more attached to her. And in this day and age, women are really afraid of being stalked by a man obsessed with them. Perhaps with your Asperger's, you come across as a potential obsessive stalker type.

If you want her back, the only option for you is to honour her wishes and not to try to ever contact her again. If it's meant to be, just let her to be the one to contact you. And in the future, with the next woman you date, hold back on your emotions and let them "chase" you a little bit.

BTW looking at the title of this thread, she never fooled you into thinking that she "loved" you, at most she led you to believe that she was really into you. True love doesn't develop this quickly with only a few dates.
Me and her seemed like a good fit but it didnt work as I thought.

Old 08-03-2013, 12:25 PM

12,585 posts, read 16,955,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annonymous0381 View Post
Almost 2 weeks ago I woman blocked my number and dumped my like trash. She fooled me and made me think that she really liked me.

About myself I"m a white 32 year old male who is 5 feet 8 inches and wieghes 211 pounds. Nine years ago I graduated from a University in California with a BA degress in Radio-Tv-Film. For the past 9 years my employment has been unstable becuase I have trouble passing job interviews and keeping jobs because people find me strange. I suffer from Aspergers Syndrome and Cerebral pulsy. My jobs have been mainly retail low paying jobs. Currently I drive a 1999 toyota camry and have a basic Verizon cell phone(non-smartphone).

I'm living in a bedroom inside my parents house. I don't have very many friends. In fact most of the people I hang out with are only use me for free car rides, me buying them restuarant meals out.

For many many and I mean many years I have wanted a serious realtionship with a woman. For the past 10 years I tryed hard and maybe even too hard to find a girlfriend with no luck at all. I have tried eharmoney,plentyofish.com,jdate. Also at shopping malls,supermarkets,starbucks I have tried talking to woman with no luck.

In Mid June 2013 a woman emailed me on plentyoffish.com. She had only one picture up that was with dogs and hard to see. For a first date she suggested meeting for a chineese food or italian dinner on her profile.

I suggested a italian or chineese food dinner as our first date. She said sure. Two weeks in advance she picked a time an place for our date at an italian restuarant. Two weeks before meeting her we texted back and forth many many times per day getting to know each other.

When I met her at the italian restuarant at 5 pm on a sunday in early July I was nervious to meet a stranger as most of us would.

She was waiting outside. We walked inot the restuarant together and sat down at a table. For 3 hours we were talking back and forth with no silence. She said some things and we both laughed together. At the end of the date I walked her to the car and gave her a hug. She said we have alot in common. Right away as soon as she got home she made plans to meet me for frozen yogart on evening at 7pm during the week a few days later. At the yogart date we talked for an hour and a half with no silence. She was going out of town to New York the next day for 5 days. As soon as she got home from New York she made plans right away to meet me for a 7:30pm movie and dinner before the movie. When she was in New York she didn't text me as much is when she is in town. This realtionship I feel was getting very serious. She texted me every day at 8am asking me what I'm doing all day. She also texted me asking what jobs I applied to and how many jobs. She also asked me what I was doing currently all day. I aksed her how she is doindg as well. She wanted me to meet her dogs and her parents.

Then on the same day as the movie date she texted me that she now wants to wait before introducing me to her parents and dog. I fowarded this text to my therapists because was unsure what it meant. By accident I pressed the wrong button on my phone and fowared the text the her. She was very very upset!! I explained it was a mistake and I needed to send the text to my therapist. She cancelled the date for the movie and said don't contact her again.

This happened at 4;30pm on a friday. At 9;30pm on that Friday she texted me that she overreacted and is sorry and that she is hotheaded. She reschedueled the movie date for Thursday for dinner and a movie. She texted me Saturday and Sunday like nothing ever happened. On Sunday she sent me a text asking me what do I want out of this relationship. I waited 5 minutes and she sent me another text saying whats taking you so long to answer. I finally answered her and this was at 1pm on a sunday. I told her I want this to be a meaningful relationship and maybe even marrage. She replied to me text that she had to get back to work. At 6:00pm on that Sunday I recieve the following text from her:

"First of all, I want you to know that I think you are a very interesting person and I can already tell you are a gentleman. I really enjoyed the two times we spent togehter and I hope you did too. I know its hard with the job situation in our country these days and I"m sure its hard for you having to look for a job. I especially understand because I was in the same situation myself after I graduated from college. But please understand that what you have written me in the past few days it just too intense for me. I know your're going through a difficult time and are well meaning, but I need to back off for now. This is not against you, it is just something that I have to do for myself. Have well deserved confidence in yourself. You have a lot going for you and your troubled are temporary. Be stron and have faith in yourself. Please lets not contact each other at all anymore."

This text was sent before the reschedueled movie date. After recieving the texta I recieved on Friday and on this sunday I was very very depressed and I lost my appititie and couldn't sleep or breath right. At 9pm I noticved that she had already removed me from her private facebook page and her facebook friends. Now which is alomst two weeks later I'm still hurt.

I;m wondering if she dumped me becuase in the month I texted her I didn't have a job and didn't get a job? I'm also wondering if she thinks I waste too much time fooling around? She also asked me on the first date why I don't have a smartphone?

Yesterday I send her a message on facebook messenger which she hand't blocked me on yet. I aksed her if she wanted to go to an afternoon play on saturday afternoon as we had planned 3 weeks ago. Rather than respond to my facebook message she blocked me in facebook messenger.

Is there anyway I can get this woman back?? I get along with her better than any of my guyfriends. She doesnt drink alchohol,do drugs or stay out late. I don't drink,do drugs or stay out late either.

She is obsessed with an artist called Bernandept Petters and likes to listen to broadway show soundtrack as well. She takes vacations around the united states and canada atleast twice a month to follow Bernadept Petters around for her concerts. If she flies somewhere for a Bernadept Petters concert she will spend a few extra days to see the city of where she visits. She travels alone or with friends.

Another question I have is why did this woman on the first date at the italian restuarant ask what my parents do for a living? I told her the truth that my mom doens't work and my dad is a doctor. Her eyes lit up!!

When she saw my 1999 toyota camry she didn't look too happy. She never rode in my car and I never picked her up. Both times when I met her she drove herself. When I told her where I live for the 2nd date a t a yogart shop she choose a yogart shop a block from my house. When we were supposed to got to a movie she choose a movie theater a block from my parents house.

She is a 26 year old woman who has a thick New York accent like the actress in The Nanny. She is also white. She went to college at Loyola Manhatten college. She grew up and went to high school in the San Fernando Valley area. She lives with her parents and has a full time job as a publicicty research assistant. I also like that she lives only 3 miles away from me and there isn't traffic for her to travel between where she lives and I live. She claims she shares a car with her mother which is a brand newish Honda civic. She also has an iphone,ipad and apple laptop. She is not an LA style thin blond model. She looks homely looking which is a rare find in LA. I myself I"m not an LA style Barbie dall Ken or a surfer model either.

My therpaist doesn't understand why I felt so connected to this woman and my parents dont either.

Even though many people day move on and find someone else its just not that easy. I send out 10 emails a day on plentyofish.com with no luck.

What should I do?
When you are starving and someone finally invites you over for dinner, you still have to play it cool.

If you are shredding thing in your mouth like buzz saw having 2nds, thirds AND fourths? Well, you may not be invited over again.

You were so intense with reeling this one in that you broke the line.

Letting her swim to you after while would have been better.

You need to not contact her. Anything more will be creepy.

Allow her time. Do not text or email or anything. If this is too hard and tempting then delete her number from your contacts. If she contacts you in the future then you will have her number.

Old 08-03-2013, 01:04 PM

OP, try here: http://www.aspergersdatingsite.com/ and here: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Asper...16595151726469

and this article on dating and Aspergers: Dating And Asperger and this one: Asperger’s dating | Ask An Aspie

Old 08-03-2013, 01:14 PM

Quote:
There is hope. love will find you when you least expect it.

You know my aunt a 43 year old breast cancer (stage four) survivor found her true love on match.com
Her hubby is a computer IT guy, also a cancer survivor.

Don't worry about it, if a woman without breasts can find true love again, anybody can. You will too. Just be patient with yourself and others, okay?

((((( )))))
Hopefully I will have luck. I'm keeping my fingers crossed

Old 08-03-2013, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
One of these dating sites is a paid dating site.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.