Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2013, 07:36 PM

52,291 posts, read 52,734,263 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by annonymous0381 View Post
I have a mild form of aspergers and very mild cerebral pulsy. Losing weight is something I'm going to work on.

I don't want to date woman who are gold diggers. I want someone who isn't
Simple... don't bling and don't tell women you're a trust fund baby...

I got more money than I look like I have... I dress casual and look like a biker, yet, I'm doing pretty good........

It can be done......

Old 08-02-2013, 07:40 PM

2,148 posts, read 2,927,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post

I got more money than I look like I have... I dress casual and look like a biker, yet, I'm doing pretty good........

It can be done......
I'm not a millionaire at all. I'm planning on looking for work.

At age 32 I live in a bedroom at my parents house becuase in California it's very expensive to live here.

Old 08-02-2013, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post

It can be done......
I also drive a 1999 Toyota Camry and have a cheap verizon flip phone

Old 08-02-2013, 07:51 PM

19,480 posts, read 25,172,091 times
I'm sorry that this happened to you.

Have you tried meeting people (potential new friends) at club meetings, volunteer experiences or other activities that you are interested in? Perhaps, alumni activities from your University or sporting activities or at the gym? Maybe join a walking or running club?

Think of the things that you enjoy doing and find a club or volunteer situation where you can do those things. Not only will you have things to add to your resume but may gain a few new friends or possible job contacts.

Good luck to you.

Old 08-02-2013, 07:52 PM

52,291 posts, read 52,734,263 times
Quote:
I also drive a 1999 Toyota Camry and have a cheap verizon flip phone
Good stuff, low profile, cheap phone... LOL, for some reason, cell phones have become a "status symbol" these days.......

Old 08-02-2013, 07:56 PM

43 posts, read 51,166 times
annonymous0381,

I am very sorry that this happened to you. Just so you know, this happens to EVERYONE at some point in time during their dating life. You did nothing wrong, I assure you. Women can be mean, shallow, and misleading. From your post, it sounds to me like this girl was looking for a guy that fell into a certain status; you mentioned the phone and car and her being put off but "lighting up" when you mentioned your dad was a doctor. That is a big red flag and it sounds to me like you picked up on it too.

It is also interesting that this woman questioned you about the relationship after only a couple of dates. Again, big red flag there. You two hardly knew each other and she was already pressing, besides, you really don't know a person after only meeting a few times. This is the kind of question that gets brought up after months or years of dating. Not days.

It sounds like your better off, to tell you the truth. You want someone who wants to be with you because they love you, not for how much money you have. If I were you, I would not pursue her at all. Let it go. You will be okay.

There is someone out there for you, not to worry. What is meant to be, will be, and happen naturally. If it isn't meant to be, don't force it. Again, let her go and move on.

Old 08-02-2013, 08:01 PM

43 posts, read 51,166 times
Quote:

I'm not that broke because I have an inherritance trust account.
DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT tell someone you are dating this. When the relationship turns serious, then, and only then can you tell them this.

Old 08-02-2013, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labrat70 View Post
DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT tell someone you are dating this. When the relationship turns serious, then, and only then can you tell them this.
I'd rather have the woman think I'm poor and I wouldn't want her to find out.

Old 08-02-2013, 08:07 PM

11,396 posts, read 24,465,484 times
You'll be alright. Sure, it hurts to lose someone right when things were getting started, but it's better for it to happen earlier than later.

So you did well enough to get a couple of dates, which means you've got something going for you.

I really wish I could send you a great big virtual hug that would make you feel a little better. I know it's hard to want a partner and have so many obstacles. But what else can you do but try and beat the odds?

I hope things get better.

Old 08-02-2013, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labrat70 View Post
annonymous0381,

I am very sorry that this happened to you. Just so you know, this happens to EVERYONE at some point in time during their dating life. You did nothing wrong, I assure you. Women can be mean, shallow, and misleading. From your post, it sounds to me like this girl was looking for a guy that fell into a certain status; you mentioned the phone and car and her being put off but "lighting up" when you mentioned your dad was a doctor. That is a big red flag and it sounds to me like you picked up on it too.

It is also interesting that this woman questioned you about the relationship after only a couple of dates. Again, big red flag there. You two hardly knew each other and she was already pressing, besides, you really don't know a person after only meeting a few times. This is the kind of question that gets brought up after months or years of dating. Not days.

It sounds like your better off, to tell you the truth. You want someone who wants to be with you because they love you, not for how much money you have. If I were you, I would not pursue her at all. Let it go. You will be okay.

There is someone out there for you, not to worry. What is meant to be, will be, and happen naturally. If it isn't meant to be, don't force it. Again, let her go and move on.
Who knows what she is looking for. My self esteem went up when she seemed interested.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships