Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-27-2013, 12:30 PM

330 posts, read 545,185 times

Advertisements

There´s nothing wrong with that. Only buy what you can afford OP.
I'm not a big fast food person, but Popeye´s biscuits are from heaven.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2013, 12:34 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,291,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jad2k View Post
Smalltown USA I'm guessing the cheap and decent sit down eats that are "date" appropriate are far and few...
I dunno about "Smalltown USA" but here in DFW, you don't have to resort to Chili's or Applebee's unless you just really have a taste for crap. I live in an "inner ring" suburb of Dallas with outstanding ethnic food. I haven't been to a Chili's or Applebee's in years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dub D View Post
So, are all you people who treat their bodies like a "temple" fit? Or ya'll just picky?
I keep kosher. I'm also allergic to shellfish (AND it's not kosher), which puts some places right out of consideration due to a high risk of cross-contamination. Most fast food choices are far from kosher since they contain meat not slaughtered in a kosher manner. I don't eat red meat anyway, chicken or turkey very rarely. If I do eat meat it's almost always fish.

I also have a mother who has diabetes and is now permanently disabled by the stroke she had 3 years ago due to being overweight. So yes, I take my diet seriously. Anyone who can't respect that is not deserving of my time.

Quote:
I consider women who constantly require restaurants for a night out undateable. I don't see any difference between that and putting on a new face of makeup when going out.
I'd consider you undateable for thinking that women are high maintenance for not wanting to eat fast food. Fast food is disgusting and I refuse to eat it. YOU can eat it all you like. But don't drag me along to that crap. Plus, I'm perfectly happy to eat in. I can cook.

Old 08-27-2013, 12:46 PM

2,691 posts, read 4,331,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBigGuy View Post
Like I said before, it's not just about health, it's also about how it's prepared. A chef at a top Manhattan restaurant can be just as unhealthy with your food as a fry cook at McDonald's. Eating food that has been off the floor is gross no matter what restaurant sells it. And yes, salty food from a high class Manhattan restaurant can be just as bad as salty food from fast food joint in the suburbs. You're deluding yourself if you think this isn't true.
Yeah ok keep telling yourself that...meanwhile I just read a study yesterday from 23andMe (they do genetic testing) that drew a direct correlation between those who ate FF 2x a week and the overall impact on their weight compared to those that did not eat it. The result, the people who ate FF 2x a week were an average of 7-10lbs heavier than those that did not. And on a side note, NYC has a very heavy dine out or order in culture and people are generally thin (with the exception of poor people-generally speaking. Guess what the dining options are in poor areas: FAST FOOD)

Old 08-27-2013, 01:02 PM

2,765 posts, read 3,630,321 times
I believe fast food restaurants unfairly receive a bad reputation when every restaurant has unhealthy choices on the menu. Most fast food restaurants today have healthy options such as salads, wraps and grilled chicken sandwiches for those who want to eat healthier meals.

Old 08-27-2013, 01:07 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,171,795 times
I don't like the way fast food tastes. I don't like the way it makes me feel afterwards. I'm not materialistic or high maintenance. My husband likes fast food. My mom likes fast food. I simply don't like it and never have. I don't need to go to a 5 star restaurant but I avoid fast food as much as possible. This was never an issue when I was dating and it's not an issue now. If I am with someone who can't afford where I want to go - I pay. It's not a big deal. But I'd rather not eat things that don't taste good to me. I don't see why that's so hard to understand.

Old 08-27-2013, 01:16 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,291,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1orlando View Post
I believe fast food restaurants unfairly receive a bad reputation when every restaurant has unhealthy choices on the menu. Most fast food restaurants today have healthy options such as salads, wraps and grilled chicken sandwiches for those who want to eat healthier meals.
Those aren't necessarily healthy. Depends on the quality of ingredients, what the ingredients actually are, how it's prepared, etc. Plus, some of the tortillas used for wraps can have over 400 calories just on their own.

Old 08-27-2013, 01:16 PM

14,294 posts, read 13,192,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1orlando View Post
Meh. I just checked out McDonald's website. They do a GREAT job responding to the bad press AFAIC. The values are posted everywhere now. No one can claim that they don't get the information about what is being served. The truth is not that the fast food restaurants such as McDs fail. They succeed. At giving the consumers what they want. What will give corporate profits to their shareholders. That is their JOB. Not making us fit and savy consumers. That is OUR job.

I eat fast food. But you have to be lying to yourself if you mean to claim that it is anything other than crap off the menu.

None of which changes the fact that it is a lame @ss place to take a date, male or female. Or orangutan.

Old 08-27-2013, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
Those aren't necessarily healthy. Depends on the quality of ingredients, what the ingredients actually are, how it's prepared, etc. Plus, some of the tortillas used for wraps can have over 400 calories just on their own.
Well yeah but restaurants do the same

Old 08-27-2013, 01:19 PM

14,294 posts, read 13,192,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
I don't like the way fast food tastes. I don't like the way it makes me feel afterwards. I'm not materialistic or high maintenance. My husband likes fast food. My mom likes fast food. I simply don't like it and never have. I don't need to go to a 5 star restaurant but I avoid fast food as much as possible. This was never an issue when I was dating and it's not an issue now. If I am with someone who can't afford where I want to go - I pay. It's not a big deal. But I'd rather not eat things that don't taste good to me. I don't see why that's so hard to understand.
Frick yah. I like veal saltimboca. So what?

Old 08-27-2013, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodynew View Post
Meh. I just checked out McDonald's website. They do a GREAT job responding to the bad press AFAIC. The values are posted everywhere now. No one can claim that they don't get the information about what is being served. The truth is not that the fast food restaurants such as McDs fail. They succeed. At giving the consumers what they want. What will give corporate profits to their shareholders. That is their JOB. Not making us fit and savy consumers. That is OUR job.

I eat fast food. But you have to be lying to yourself if you mean to claim that it is anything other than crap off the menu.

None of which changes the fact that it is a lame @ss place to take a date, male or female. Or orangutan.
Well then lame people must rule the world because I see plenty of couples eating at those places all the time, and I mean couples of all ages.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships