Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-12-2013, 11:07 PM

44,259 posts, read 64,470,688 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by eevee188 View Post
You could be describing me. Sorry, but I'm just...a bad texter. No, really, I get busy because I'm at work or whatever and forget to check my phone for 12 hours. I know it seems rude but I just can't remember to check the phone some days. The rest of the time it's in my hand constantly and I reply in .2 seconds like you said. It must give the impression that I'm ignoring a guy but I'm really not.
It is NOT RUDE.
You are under no obligation to hover over your phone all day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2013, 11:10 PM

44,259 posts, read 64,470,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy1316 View Post
Chill out killer, the OP has issues with text. Not all of us care that much about women's time frame for responses, but they are noted. So juvenile of me lol, noting that chick A is ultra responsive and chick B takes a day or two. Maybe I'll focus on chick A as she seems more interested in me. Oh geez, I'm such a tool
I define anyone who is obsessed and attached to the hip to their cell phones (and not bc of work) tools.

Right on!

Last edited by stan4; 09-12-2013 at 11:51 PM.. Reason: Stupid iPad autocorrect

Old 09-12-2013, 11:41 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,321,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy1316 View Post
Isn't a phone call even more demanding of your precious time than a text?? I certainly think so
I don't answer them if I don't feel like it, either.
As I said, it's not a summons.

That's where you don't get it... I'm more important to myself than you are to me.
When I have time, I'll respond.
You don't get to interrupt my day for your wants/needs.

I control my time, not you.

Old 09-13-2013, 05:43 AM

1,102 posts, read 1,353,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
I don't answer them if I don't feel like it, either.
As I said, it's not a summons.

That's where you don't get it... I'm more important to myself than you are to me.
When I have time, I'll respond.
You don't get to interrupt my day for your wants/needs.

I control my time, not you.
As it should be?

Old 09-13-2013, 05:44 AM

6,032 posts, read 9,225,521 times
Sack up and CALL them.

Old 09-13-2013, 07:13 AM

3,083 posts, read 4,883,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavieJ89 View Post
Have any other guys gotten sick of girls telling them they're "bad texters?" I understand we have busy lives and whatnot but it doesn't take but 1 minute to say "hey I'm busy ttyl" instead you'll hear NOTHING at all. It's like one minute she takes .2 seconds to respond to your texts for hours, then BAM! Nothing, even though iMessage says she read your message. Ladies we don't need to keep you in check knowing brushing your doing but if you get busy let us know, don't just leave us hanging.

Sometimes it worse than that, sometimes girls take hours to reply to a simple "hey what's up" the reply of kts not the one worded "hey" is usually "sorry I'm a bad texter" BS you're not a bad texter, you're just texting 64 other dudes. These same girls who claim to be such "bad texters" CONSTANTLY have their phones in their hand when you do go on a date with them.

Ladies you need to stop that crap, it's just rude.

One of my major red flags with women is a bad texter.
You sound desperate and needy, probably shes tired of the constant texts and wants you to lay off, desperation and neediness is a combination that repels...AND..PS but part of the problem with social media/technology is the sender's expectation on an immediate response.

Old 09-13-2013, 07:19 AM

3,083 posts, read 4,883,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavieJ89 View Post
And if she's texting me....she better have an iPhone with iMessage, I need to make sure she read my text. I don't mess with girls with android and their green text bubbles....😒
So if you meet someone and you notice that they don't have an iPhone so that you can get that instant gratification of a read message, you aren't interested in them? You don't do well with women do you?..call it a hunch.

Old 09-13-2013, 07:25 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,797,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eccentric_Bear View Post
Threads like this one make me feel out of place with my generation. I never had a cellphone and I will only get one if I absolutely needed one. The small buttons and the annoying buzzing sounds would make me furious.
I recently got a cheapie just for the convenience if I'm out on the road and desperately need to reach someone. After a month a friend showed me how to turn it on but I still haven't figured out how to use it. It's amazing how some of us manage to get around perfectly well in the world without being permanently chained to a communication device.

The OP says, "One of my major red flags with women is a bad texter." If that's a major red flag in his life I can only imagine how he'll go ballistic in the future when his significant other doesn't hang the fresh toilet roll the way he prefers. I imagine that would be cause for divorce proceedings and alimony.

Old 09-13-2013, 07:32 AM

3,670 posts, read 7,173,387 times
stop wasting time on women who arent interested in you. better yet, try to figure out what you're doing or saying to scare them off. if they're giving you their number the initial interest is there. are you being whiney, self-depreciating, clingy, annoying perhaps? you come across that way in your post and it is not attractive. have a little bit of self respect and move on when a woman makes it clear she isn't interested

Old 09-13-2013, 08:15 AM

3,070 posts, read 5,240,691 times
I don't see the issue.

If she doesn't respond to your demand for immediate texting, then she's clearly not the girl for you, right? She does not consider texting as integral to life as you do. Just like how if she doesn't have a certain phone, you might not be interested.

Likewise, your behaviour, to me, is a huge red flag. I wouldn't be great for you!

Isn't it nice to just rule people out so you don't waste your time
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships