Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-13-2013, 04:13 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,652,264 times

Advertisements

Bottom line: The OP comes off as completely ridiculous to any sensible person of any age, having a conniption fit about text expectations.

All it represents is just one more incarnation of the childish stomping of feet and gnashing of teeth, and howling, "HEY! LISTEN TO ME. PAY ATTENTION TO ME. MEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEME! WHY AREN'T YOU LISTENING TO ME???????"

The fact that a phone is involved makes it even more ridiculous, but the truth is, the implicit attitude would be ridiculously immature no matter the medium or venue.

Very becoming, all around.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2013, 04:14 PM

1,102 posts, read 1,352,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
Bottom line: The OP comes off as completely ridiculous to any sensible person of any age, having a conniption fit about text expectations.
We've beat that horse to death. I have agreed 18 times throughout this thread on that point

Old 09-13-2013, 04:19 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,652,264 times
But, as the moderator who reopened the thread pointed out rather eloquently, that is, in fact, THE point.

Old 09-13-2013, 04:22 PM

5,779 posts, read 14,595,608 times
As the OP, theres a couple things I'd like to make clear

I actually prefer to talk on the phone or face to face. However most girls in their early 20s hate that so I text. I dont blow up girls' phones with texts. what gets me mad is that its like this

Me: Hey Jessica hows it going
Jessica: Fine, you
Me: Just wanted to said I had fun meeting you last night
Jessica: K
Me: Would you like to go have lunch on Thursday?
Me: For sure, is 12:30 good?
Then BAM....nothing for hours and hours and hours, then about 7-9 hours later

Jessica: Sorry, I'm such a bad texter. I had to shave my cat then I had to go downtown to meet my mom, and traffic on I-4 was real bad and there was a 10 car pileup, and I'm just getting back now
Me: K
Jessica: And yea I wont be able to make it Thursday, I'm going to be real busy for the next 3 weeks non-stop, even though I only work 15 hours a week at Target and dont go to college
Me: Whatever, I'll just delete your number, I'm not gonna waste my time
I know that these chicks who claim to be bad texters may just not be that into me, and that is totally fine. But if they werent interested, then why did they give me their number, and then play these text tag games? If you dont like me say so, or lie and say you have a bf or are a lesbian like a 20-something women should do. If I'm single, and you're single, why play games?

Old 09-13-2013, 04:27 PM

1,102 posts, read 1,352,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavieJ89 View Post
As the OP, theres a couple things I'd like to make clear

I actually prefer to talk on the phone or face to face. However most girls in their early 20s hate that so I text.
This. Why this is so hard for the 40 year old women here to understand is beyond me.

And yeah, sorry OP, that's just a thread with a girl that's not into you. Sometimes just giving you their number and then being aloof when you try to get a date with them is easier than straight up rejecting you.

Old 09-13-2013, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy1316 View Post
This. Why this is so hard for the 40 year old women here to understand is beyond me.

And yeah, sorry OP, that's just a thread with a girl that's not into you. Sometimes just giving you their number and then being aloof when you try to get a date with them is easier than straight up rejecting you.
you're probably right, but why should she waste her time as well as mine giving me her number, and then either giving one word replies 45 minutes after I text her for 4-6 days. I wont text a girl EVERYDAY unless she texts me first. I try to text every 2-3 days to make it seem like I am busy even if I'm not, this is also so I dont appear to be thristy

Usually after 3 texts, I get the hint that its going nowhere and will just write a girl out of my life if she's gonna be that way. I dont play these games and Ive gotten sick and tired of it, which is why I posted this thread

Last edited by DavieJ89; 09-13-2013 at 04:50 PM..

Old 09-13-2013, 04:47 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,963,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavieJ89 View Post
you're probably right, but why should she waste her time as well as mine giving me her number, and then either giving one word replies 45 minutes after I text her for 4-6 days. I wont text a girl EVERYDAY unless she texts me first. I try to text every 2-3 days to make it seem like I am busy even if I'm not, this is also so I dont appear to be thristy

Usually after 3 texts, I get the hint that its going nowhere and will just write a girl out of her life if she's gonna be that way. I dont play these games and Ive gotten sick and tired of it, which is why I posted this thread

What's hilarious is that here everyone says how much they hate games, and you go and make a post that you don't deal with the games.. as soon as you do you're attacked by so many of the women on here

It's funny how that works. Either way, you're doing it right. If a girl doesn't respond to your texts right away she's probably not interested and it's not going anywhere. Every once in a while it happens, but certainly not regularly

Old 09-13-2013, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
What's hilarious is that here everyone says how much they hate games, and you go and make a post that you don't deal with the games.. as soon as you do you're attacked by so many of the women on here

It's funny how that works. Either way, you're doing it right. If a girl doesn't respond to your texts right away she's probably not interested and it's not going anywhere. Every once in a while it happens, but certainly not regularly
Thats the thing, is I've just gotten over the frustration of the "bad texting" games and I've reached a boiling point with it. When I try to communicate with a girl, I'd rather talk over the phone, or in person. If I really like her, it makes me feel so good to hear her voice, or be in her presence. Like its just her and I. Texting is fine if one of us is busy or both, but I prefer not to use it as a main source of communication

There was a girl who I was recently seeing, and she told me she was a bad texter. yet we always talked or texted, and hung out quite a lot. She liked me but there were other things in place on noth sides that caused it to fail. Her short temper, her knowitallness and my insecurities and gross over analysis of the situation

Case in point, whether a girl claims to be a bad texter or not, if she likes you enough, she'll make the effort

Old 09-13-2013, 08:41 PM

44,259 posts, read 64,443,360 times
Op, your example is not bad texting.

It is "I am not interested."

Likely gave you her number so as not to offend you.

Old 09-13-2013, 08:42 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,963,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Op, your example is not bad texting.

It is "I am not interested."

Likely gave you her number so as not to offend you.

That was his point though, someone who does this is usually uninterested and it's pointless to continue
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships