Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2013, 06:54 AM

10,930 posts, read 11,762,862 times

Advertisements

To do what? Exclusive Texting?

I'll answer your next question: after six sessions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2013, 07:04 AM

1,194 posts, read 1,403,803 times
Texting is not dating.

Old 10-01-2013, 07:06 AM

7,453 posts, read 13,454,329 times
Don't pick one. Have several on the go. Variety is the spice of life.

Old 10-01-2013, 07:31 AM

5,121 posts, read 6,820,905 times
I'd add to meeting them in person, why limit yourself to just dating one woman? I think this is where a lot of people create anxiety and pressure for themselves. They treat dating someone as a committed relationship and put all their eggs in one basket. Then try to make it work, even if it doesn't.

On an aside, it's also where women (I know you are guy, don't worry) but this is where women go wrong and how they can feel pressured to have sex before they are ready for fear of "losing the guy." Well, if you are dating more than one man, who cares if you lose one... so the pressure isn't there.

In the past, people used to date around until they were in an exclusive relationship. That's why there was a difference between "dating someone" and being their "girlfriend or boyfriend" or "going steady." So date around and get to know a lot of different women. Just be clear about it and what you are doing to avoid hurting anyone who might be assuming something else. And I suggest if you start having sex with one, you drop the others, even if you haven't said you are exclusive. Dating someone and having sex complicates things and can be understood as being exclusive.

Old 10-01-2013, 08:14 AM

11,829 posts, read 12,089,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cindersslipper View Post
Ok so you're texting women, and you're worried about your future with them?

Are you serious?

Why don't you try getting out of your bedroom and actually speaking to them face to face, before you go into conniptions of anxiety about which one is The One.

Probably none of them...
^^^This. Why aren't you taking steps to meet in person to see if there's a connection, instead of wasting a whole lot of time sending texts. You might discover you don't like any of them, if you'd bother to meet them in person.

Old 10-01-2013, 08:51 AM

22,701 posts, read 47,906,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanuttree View Post

Recently I've been texting like 4 women, and as always happens when I do this, I can't conceive of how I'd "pick" which woman I'd ultimately stay with. And then I worry about potentially hurting someone, and in the same vein, can I have sex with multiple of them? Isn't that sleazy though?

Just, WHAT DO I DO? I don't know what to do?

Should I just go full-on modern dating, no-rules guy and just try to sleep with all of them, and stop being so neurotic - you know, like go all the way the other way? A part of me would enjoy that.
You need to quit thinking about sex, get out of the basement, and actually TALK to them, while on a date.

Sheesh.
Texting is not a real relationship.... yet you are talking about 'staying with them' and sleeping with them as if it is.

Old 10-01-2013, 08:55 AM

3,793 posts, read 4,613,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFTRK View Post
No need to go out with all of them.

You can be put off by several or all of the others and eliminate them out by selection.

You would be supprized at what all you can learn by sexting.....I mean texting.
He's only talking about four women. If he has time to be texting them all he can find time to grab a quick drink with them. I won't lie and say I've never used the sexting process-of-elimination, though.

Old 10-01-2013, 09:11 AM

2,427 posts, read 3,992,363 times
you're manufacturing your own uncertainty here

pick the one you like the best, go on a date. re-evaluate after date

no biggie

this is a problem you want to have

Old 10-01-2013, 09:43 AM

393 posts, read 467,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jillabean View Post
So date around and get to know a lot of different women. Just be clear about it and what you are doing to avoid hurting anyone who might be assuming something else. And I suggest if you start having sex with one, you drop the others, even if you haven't said you are exclusive. Dating someone and having sex complicates things and can be understood as being exclusive.
I don't think it's a good idea to be upfront about dating other people. Yes, if they found out they'd probably feel hurt, but if they know they can get hurt anyway. There's a huge potential for jealousy, plus most people don't want to be just one of several people someone is dating, they want to feel like you're attracted to them in particular. So just make sure they don't find out about each other.

And I'd definitely recommend having sex with them at the same time too. That's part of a full relationship with someone, so you won't get a complete sense of what being with them will be like if you don't have sex with them. Just make sure you practice safe sex.

Old 10-01-2013, 10:00 AM

191 posts, read 145,417 times
four women? ... become a muslim and you will be allowed to have four at same time, if you can manage, indeed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships