Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2013, 01:16 PM

4,046 posts, read 2,726,000 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillabean View Post
You haven't even dated them yet (dating meaning meeting someone and getting to know them to see if you click). It's a bit presumptuous to think you will have sex with any of them, let alone all of them. Just start with taking each out on a date and getting to know them.

^^ This

Get out of your house and go SEE these women.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2013, 01:18 PM

2,427 posts, read 3,992,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Yes, just do what you want with zero regard to anyone else.

That always works out reallllly well.
not offering up your current sexual habits unasked == zero regard for anyone else?

anyone who cares and is saavy asks rather than waiting to be told

nothing wrong with telling but it's a silly expectation to have

every time i have told i basically got "of course, i know that already" back. some people prefer not to talk about it

Old 10-01-2013, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillabean View Post
You haven't even dated them yet (dating meaning meeting someone and getting to know them to see if you click). It's a bit presumptuous to think you will have sex with any of them, let alone all of them. Just start with taking each out on a date and getting to know them.
lol. it's true

people love to project out a future that hasn't happened yet though

Old 10-01-2013, 01:32 PM

2,758 posts, read 4,969,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanuttree View Post
One of the big things I think that holds me back from doing more dating is that I'm neurotic about uncertainty. This whole "dating" thing (and let's be clear, it is a cultural construct) is based on going on-the-fly, freewheeling it, being generally unconcerned, etc. And I'm not good at that. Especially for dating I'm a bit neurotic with it.

Recently I've been texting like 4 women, and as always happens when I do this, I can't conceive of how I'd "pick" which woman I'd ultimately stay with. And then I worry about potentially hurting someone, and in the same vein, can I have sex with multiple of them? Isn't that sleazy though?

Just, WHAT DO I DO? I don't know what to do?

Should I just go full-on modern dating, no-rules guy and just try to sleep with all of them, and stop being so neurotic - you know, like go all the way the other way? A part of me would enjoy that.

I really just don't like the uncertainty of dating
way too many questions.
It IS NOT this hard.

You are clearly not at all ready for dating, regardless of your age.

With all your confusion, it would be best to pick one woman, date her a while and see how it goes.

The biggest problem with dating multiple people at a time and never settling down is that when those people reach a certain age, they FINALLY get tired of being a serial dater and want to settle down. But, since they never actually took relationships seriously, they have horrible relationship skills, andthey also get bored too easily. The constant rush of the new relationship has altered their view of a real relationship. They think, "NOW, I am ready for a relationship ."
But they aren't. Nowthey built a false idea of a relatonship based off of 100 micro relationships.

If you want a relationship, then date one at a time.
If you dont want a LTR, then dont pursue one or pretend to. There are others out there that will still date you.

Old 10-01-2013, 01:32 PM

393 posts, read 467,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Yes, just do what you want with zero regard to anyone else.

That always works out reallllly well.
It's not clear you'd be showing more regard for others by telling them you want to sleep with other people, if they'd be unlikely to find out anyway.

Old 10-01-2013, 01:38 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,685,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pi64 View Post
It's not clear you'd be showing more regard for others by telling them you want to sleep with other people, if they'd be unlikely to find out anyway.
And this is why I won't have sex until exclusivity is talked about. I think it's gross to have sex with multiple people at the same time, but that's just this person's opinion.

Old 10-01-2013, 01:47 PM

1,392 posts, read 2,104,755 times
ok, yueah, but then you could just initiate sex without talking about it, and do whatever, sleep with the next girl too,

the only comment that came close to coming up with a policy is the one who said it's her job to ask, not mine to tell

that'd be fine but I dunno
For one thing, she could bring it up AFTER sex, that'd be annoying

Old 10-01-2013, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanuttree View Post
that'd be fine but I dunno
For one thing, she could bring it up AFTER sex, that'd be annoying
it almost sounds like you're trying to talk yourself out of sex while still at the texting-a-stranger phase

meh. at least it's better now than at the she-just-asked-me-to-come-up-for-coffee phase i guess

Old 10-11-2013, 06:57 PM

628 posts, read 1,392,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeCollege View Post
Texting is not dating.
Dating is not dating, you see how ridiculous that sounds?~ Just like your answer.~ Just because "you don't consider it dating", doesn't mean "it isn't dating", "it just isn't dating FOR YOU".~

Old 10-11-2013, 07:00 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,707,378 times
Get to know them and the decision will come easily.

If you can't get to know all of them (understandable) then yes you have to pick one now to get to know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships