Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2009, 08:51 AM

571 posts, read 1,318,786 times

Advertisements

I find it interesting how many responses refer to alcoholic beverages. I have never been a drinker but have had my heart broken several times.
Always before any relations got started or very early on. It has been devastating when after a time finally asking a girl out or for her phone number only to be told "I'm sorry. I have a boyfriend." And this after many friendly encounters. Told basically "Don't even call me." can crush your feelings.
This has made me depressed for a while and some girls I still remember years later but there is a special twinge felt when I hear so-and-so got married and has a kid.
I have never cried over such matters but I have had long thoughtful moments.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2009, 08:52 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,660,406 times
I would never cry over a relationship. There would be plenty of other things that would happen that would make the tears flow though.

Old 02-13-2009, 08:56 AM

8,411 posts, read 39,267,585 times
Guys cry...That is the silliest thing I ever heard. Everyone I dumped cried about it. I dont cry..I get quiet...maybe I am a dude?! hmmmmmmmmmmm?
Thats how you sex a baby right...if they cry it means they are female and if they dont they are male?

Yes?

Old 02-13-2009, 09:25 AM

1,501 posts, read 5,681,852 times
Having had pretty much just guy friends all my life, I guess I can respond.

If they do cry, they won't let anyone see. Instead, catching up with old pals, like Jack D. and Bud W., seems more preferable to guys than somebody's shoulder to cry on.

Old 02-13-2009, 12:36 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,009,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitt_transplant View Post
Guys cry...That is the silliest thing I ever heard. Everyone I dumped cried about it. I dont cry..I get quiet...maybe I am a dude?! hmmmmmmmmmmm?
Thats how you sex a baby right...if they cry it means they are female and if they dont they are male?

Yes?
Maybe you're a dude? But if you were, you'd still cry b'c, as you said, guys cry, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitt_transplant View Post

Yes?
Huh?

Seriously, I don't even see why it might be an issue. Guys have emotions just like anyone. Some just aren't ashamed or threatened by showing them. The guys I've seen cry didn't make noise like most women do, it was silent and that always makes it tougher to take, imo.

Old 02-13-2009, 11:08 PM

72,419 posts, read 18,204,513 times
Guys cry , get drunk, move on to the next relationship real fast

Old 02-14-2009, 12:21 AM

25,157 posts, read 53,956,590 times
I've read a lot about that. Isn't that how people develop bad habits?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket Power View Post
A lot of guys sit around and feel sorry for themselves at first. Following that, they go out, get drunk, and look for cheap thrills to help them get over it.

Old 02-14-2009, 12:24 AM

25,157 posts, read 53,956,590 times
You probably don't get emotionally involved with anybody, therefore, there is no reason for you to cry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scootertrash61 View Post
i moved 3 hundred miles away because i couldn't stand the thought of running into her on the street with somebody else! i told myself there was other reasons for the move but in hindsight that was without doubt the main reason for the move. maybe the only reason.

7 years later i moved back here [another 3 hundred miles] about a year after another breakup. there was several reasons for the second move but she was no doubt [in hindsight] one of them. i've decided for the sake of stability to never get involved again

but i don't remember crying over them. it's not a macho thing, but i just don't cry easily at all. i will say crying came easier when i was younger for some reason

Old 02-14-2009, 12:24 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,441,267 times
i fall in love with people that never existed and grieve the loss of those that never were.

Old 02-14-2009, 09:32 AM

2,625 posts, read 11,220,591 times
We dont cry everyday, i love my wife to death, we split since the beggining of december, and so far ive only cried once, that was new years day, i cried like a baby as soon as the clock struck 12!I might cry today though, today, yes in valentines would have been our 5 yr anniversary, and guys do hurt, were not all asses with no feelings, trying to run up on every skirt to numb the pain, i have fun, but theirs still a void that cant be filled since we split!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships