Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-30-2013, 06:56 AM

4,698 posts, read 4,074,443 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearnorth View Post
Obviously men who fit that description and cold-approach attractive women using some formula they learned from a book or website are going to have a high rejection rate. That's not how it works for most people, fortunately.
Thats not PUA. If you are thinking about what those retards do on youtube.

The standard PUA pick up is in a bar. But it can be applied elsewhere. There is a tendency to look at the worst in the PUA community and assume everyone is like that.

Also, standard PUA theory rejects formulas and pick up lines. That is old school dating theory, that PUA wanted to replace. They talk much more about general terms like, what you should do with your eyes, your hands, how much initiative you should show, how much you should touch, etc.

Old 10-30-2013, 06:58 AM

3,793 posts, read 4,600,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camlon View Post
Also, standard PUA theory rejects formulas and pick up lines. They talk much more about general terms like, what you should do with your eyes, your hands, how much initiative you should show, how much you should touch, etc.
And that's not formulaic? Sure sounds like it to me. When you add in the fact that it's going to be applied by desperate guys who weren't able to get laid without paying money to subscribe to this "community," common sense still tells me that they're going to have a higher rejection rate than most.

Old 10-30-2013, 07:04 AM

4,698 posts, read 4,074,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nearnorth View Post
And that's not formulaic? Sure sounds like it to me. When you add in the fact that it's going to be applied by desperate guys who weren't able to get laid without paying money to subscribe to this "community," common sense still tells me that they're going to have a higher rejection rate than most.
Not really. Formulas are very specific. Its more like theories.

It doesn't cost money to subscribe to their community. It does cost money to go to their events, but they are a waste of time. Luckily everything you need is online for free.

Their rejection rate might be higher if they already had a high rejection rate. But I thought you were talking about the ones who were doing PUA and not the ones who just started learning.

Old 10-30-2013, 10:25 AM

1,660 posts, read 2,534,651 times
I can't believe guys actually go to PUA events and read books on how to pick up girls. Things these days are being made way too complicated. Just be a man and the women will come. It's not that hard, it's nature. Humans wouldn't be here today if that wasn't the case.

Old 10-30-2013, 10:52 AM

2,183 posts, read 2,202,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by waviking24 View Post
I can't believe guys actually go to PUA events and read books on how to pick up girls. Things these days are being made way too complicated. Just be a man and the women will come. It's not that hard, it's nature. Humans wouldn't be here today if that wasn't the case.
Just be a man and the women will come is a complete oversimplification of the process.

Old 10-30-2013, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camlon View Post
Their rejection rate might be higher if they already had a high rejection rate.
Exactly, which I assume would be most of them. How many people who are already doing well with women are going to waste time trying to learn how to approach them from a website?

Old 10-30-2013, 10:55 AM

255 posts, read 373,737 times
Quote:
You're comparing apples with oranges. First of all, the best physical specimens got to reproduce. Before the creation of civilization, only the men who were superior to others managed to reproduce. Average didn't cut it. With the creation of civilization most men got paired up because they had a job and women depended on them. Now, I'm not saying we should return to those times.

What I'm saying is that men are competing with other men. In the college scene, most guys are facing competition from guys who are 6 feet tall, good-looking and know their way around women. Since women do the choosing, and most women anyway are attractive enough to at least have one-night stands with the ''Alpha'' males, they are going to do that. Relationships might come later with average men - that includes below average women - but they're highly costly and complicated for the average man.

After college, you face a tsunami of women looking to get married or are divorced.Lots of drama and problems there.

Just be a man and the women will come.

I have a penis and testicles. That makes me a man. What you're implying, '' act like a man'' only works when the guy is attractive. How it functions.

Good-looking/tall/ dude says 'hi' to average-looking/below average woman,

''OMG, He's so nice.'

Average-looking guy does the same, ''meh. Why are you talking to me.''

Don't forget that sexual harrsment is virtually anything the woman says it makes her uncomfortable.

Old 10-30-2013, 11:16 AM

1,660 posts, read 2,534,651 times
I guess I just don't understand it all since I never had to deal with it. Good luck though.

Old 10-30-2013, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jma501 View Post
Just be a man and the women will come is a complete oversimplification of the process.
It's a bit of an oversimplification, but he has a point. Each of us is descended from thousands of generations of people who all managed to get laid without an instruction manual, or we wouldn't be here.

Women are generally attracted to guys who have good lives going for them on their own (decent job, friends, family, interests, hobbies, education, etc.). They are generally not attracted to guys who appear desperate or whose primary goal in life appears to be learning a formula for hooking up with women. Putting effort into the former will get you a lot further than the same amount of effort put into the latter. This is particularly true if you're interested in healthy women who have good lives going for them, as well, rather than emotionally insecure or desperate women.

Old 10-30-2013, 11:43 AM

255 posts, read 373,737 times
Quote:
I guess I just don't understand it all since I never had to deal with it. Good luck though.
Most guys can't relate to one another. We're too different. The top dogs can't understand how the rest of the men can't score. The married men don't understand what's it like to have money in the bank. The teenagers believe they'll always have that vitality and sexual power around. The older men don't quite get it when its time to stop talking to 18-40 year old women because, lets be honest here, they're creeping her out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships