Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-28-2013, 10:52 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,054,327 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
I find the biggest difference between meeting people on the east coast vs the west coast is that men on the east coast seem far more likely to invite me into their 'group' to hang out or chat even if I'm not attractive and they have no interest in me romantically. On the west coast, it seemed like guys would ONLY talk to women they wanted to have sex with and ignore or act irritated if women they weren't interested in were around and had the audacity to speak to them.
Nice assessment. I find this to be very true from my very own personal experience. Even though if I don't find the woman physically attractive, I should not repulse her because of her looks and still have a good time and be genuine around her. But I do here very often that west coast men and to some degree men in the sunbelt/bible belt tend to be much more shallow and judgmental on womens looks, but men in the North and East Coast are not like that to some extent. Sad thing is that on the flip side I find East Coast women, most notably on the east coast very shallow and judgmental on a mans looks, particularly in urban areas like NYC and Philly where the word creep is used far too often! Also if your an average guy I find that online dating works better outside of urban areas than within urban areas. The reason why women struggle with online dating lets say in NYC is that non of the guys are not physically attractive in their eyes online. I did craigslists ads in NC and in Austin Texas I got more responses than I did back in my native NYC and women were willing to meet up! I think location is everything, me personally I think I like southern and west coat woman more so than urbanized, fast paced northeastern women!

Old 10-29-2013, 12:36 AM

570 posts, read 721,826 times
Quote:
Actually, I've known a BUNCH of women who became interested in men that they didn't originally find physically attractive once they got to know them. It's been discussed on this forum many times and you'd be ridiculous not to acknowledge it.

Perhaps because you're a guy (and this doesn't necessarily happen with men, if a woman is hot she's hot, but if she's not, she's basically invisible forever) you may not understand this.
Then how come when I go out, I see all sorts of women with husbands/boyfriends, pushing strollers, etc?

Old 10-29-2013, 01:15 AM

33,016 posts, read 27,473,071 times
Quote:
Actually, I've known a BUNCH of women who became interested in men that they didn't originally find physically attractive once they got to know them. It's been discussed on this forum many times and you'd be ridiculous not to acknowledge it.

Perhaps because you're a guy (and this doesn't necessarily happen with men, if a woman is hot she's hot, but if she's not, she's basically invisible forever) you may not understand this.

The majority of human interactors are merely passing in the night (or the daytime), which means that unattractive individuals are instantly and casually dismissed, with no getting to know them.

Old 10-29-2013, 09:34 AM

29,748 posts, read 34,409,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Opinionated View Post
Well, I think not all, but most women tend to think and feel about looks differently than men who are more but not only visual. Based on my life experiences, women seem to rate a man on more on how he makes them feel rather than how sexy or physically attractive they may find him. Maybe that could explain in part why I see so many comparatively unattractive men with gorgeous ladies?
That's pretty much the case. For a lot of guys saying a woman is attractive is the same thing as saying "I would sleep with her." For a lot of women, an attractive man is a good-looking, confident guy who dresses well, but whether or not she'd actually sleep with him is up in the air until she knows what he's like. And a guy who may not be photogenic may become extremely attractive to her once she gets to know him.

Old 10-29-2013, 10:10 AM

555 posts, read 592,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
That's pretty much the case. For a lot of guys saying a woman is attractive is the same thing as saying "I would sleep with her." For a lot of women, an attractive man is a good-looking, confident guy who dresses well, but whether or not she'd actually sleep with him is up in the air until she knows what he's like. And a guy who may not be photogenic may become extremely attractive to her once she gets to know him.
Baloney.most women would sleep with brad Pitt or some other actor or rock star even w/o getting to know them personally

Old 10-29-2013, 10:11 AM

29,748 posts, read 34,409,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flotard View Post
Baloney.most women would sleep with brad Pitt or some other actor or rock star even w/o getting to know them personally
Most women are not groupies.

Old 10-29-2013, 10:14 AM

12,535 posts, read 15,207,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iced Coffee View Post
Then how come when I go out, I see all sorts of women with husbands/boyfriends, pushing strollers, etc?

True that. If only the gorgeous people found love, the human race would have died out a long time ago.

Old 10-29-2013, 10:16 AM

2,087 posts, read 2,850,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Opinionated View Post
Well, I think not all, but most women tend to think and feel about looks differently than men who are more but not only visual. Based on my life experiences, women seem to rate a man on more on how he makes them feel rather than how sexy or physically attractive they may find him. Maybe that could explain in part why I see so many comparatively unattractive men with gorgeous ladies?
My life experiences are the opposite. I have made women feel empowered, beautiful, and confident by their own admission and they still rejected me. OTOH, I have hooked up with women I have barely known and who I made feel nothing except maybe a few laughs and some passing things in common in the short time I've known them. When you perpetuate myths like this, you encourage men to approach women like they are something to be won gradually. Like the more they get to know the inner nooks of you, the more they'll fall for you. Nothing could be further from the general truth. And it is bar none the worst approach for a guy who has it bad in dating.

Old 10-29-2013, 11:13 AM

809 posts, read 1,273,947 times
I should be in the other 20%

Old 10-29-2013, 12:18 PM

8,227 posts, read 11,150,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flotard View Post
Hell they don't even have to be famous, they'll have a one night stand with the guy with the six pack abs at the bar.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships