Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2013, 06:31 AM

3,793 posts, read 4,602,043 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcala View Post
Of course, there are dominant men and girls who let them have the relation their way
It is telling that you refer to them as men and girls rather than men and women.

Old 11-07-2013, 06:32 AM

42,763 posts, read 52,868,361 times
I think it's more of keeping an eye on household things. Bills, things that need to be fixed, the children, their mates health, cars, etc. Actually they had a study on it that wives take on too much and are stressed out.

Old 11-07-2013, 07:29 AM

709 posts, read 1,130,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nald View Post
Good story and good self-promotion as a "stud", I've learn to know that such description is supposedly elevating you on some social scale. But it's been such a cliche if you read this forum any longer than a month, it's really repetitive.
What you describe is far from reality.

In reality, yes, women in USA are very controlling and possessive but offer nothing but liability and love to flirt if given the opportunity. That doesn't make someone dominant, but it often makes them a jerk. If a guy would object to it the same way - they'd outright attack him and he'd have to either separate or turn into a doormat.
That's very jerkish behavior on the woman's part and I've witnessed how the guys react on it - they simply ignore it or play dumb and generally play behind her back. They agree but they can't recall what they agreed if you'd ask them just an hour later and they even laugh about it. They cannot care less about their wife's supposed authority and that's the ultimate truth, but they avoid conflict.

IMO the main reason why they ignore it and don't outright escalate it into a conflict is because they have learned that if the relationship is to either last or work at all, their wife needs to have it her way. If not, she'll walk out of relationship one day after many years and then she'll send them the bill for child support.
If a guy used the same approach as a woman, it wouldn't work. Reacting to such approach on wmoan's part means that it'll fail. Ignoring their wife's saying or simply agreeing but not caring is the true way how many American men function. If the unclear line is crossed, they simply act as if they aren't in a relationship when their girlfriend/wife isn't there. And they make sure to get as much space as possible to have it their way.

This is how the modern family goes for majority of folks, exceptions to this general family setting aren't making the general behavior wrong.
To me, this makes those men weak and timid. I would rather tell the woman off then let her react however she wants. I will not sneak around like some scared child.

Old 11-07-2013, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
I think it's more of keeping an eye on household things. Bills, things that need to be fixed, the children, their mates health, cars, etc. Actually they had a study on it that wives take on too much and are stressed out.
They take on too much because they are control freaks.

Old 11-07-2013, 07:39 AM

3,138 posts, read 2,780,811 times
well, I think it's interesting. If you take a look at modern tv (especially sit-coms), most of the men do come off as emasculated...and under the "guidance" of their smarter, more capable, all-knowing wives...

I think it's a social commentary that really has gained a lot of popularity. Whether or not this is just a television thing vs. real life is unknown to me.

Why does anything have to be a power struggle in a relationship, anyhow? Why does there need to be a "dominant vs. submissive" role in male/female relationships? Why can't couples just be couples? Just a thought...

Old 11-07-2013, 07:53 AM

42,763 posts, read 52,868,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Collateral View Post
They take on too much because they are control freaks.
Yes or the husband is a child himself and doesn't help out. I have seen this with a few top dog husbands, whom have no idea what their children are doing.

Old 11-07-2013, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erdocjolly View Post
well, I think it's interesting. If you take a look at modern tv (especially sit-coms), most of the men do come off as emasculated...and under the "guidance" of their smarter, more capable, all-knowing wives...

I think it's a social commentary that really has gained a lot of popularity. Whether or not this is just a television thing vs. real life is unknown to me.

Why does anything have to be a power struggle in a relationship, anyhow? Why does there need to be a "dominant vs. submissive" role in male/female relationships? Why can't couples just be couples? Just a thought...
There is no equality in human relations. There is always a dominant party. This is a fact, not an opinion .

Old 11-07-2013, 08:01 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,974,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Collateral View Post
There is no equality in human relations. There is always a dominant party. This is a fact, not an opinion .

Where do you get these so called "facts"?

Old 11-07-2013, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Yes or the husband is a child himself and doesn't help out. I have seen this with a few top dog husbands, whom have no idea what their children are doing.
In other words.. The husband is passive and the woman is dominant. Basically what I said in the OP

Old 11-07-2013, 08:04 AM

15,013 posts, read 21,655,977 times
I understand. Relationship dynamics and gender roles are different now. I don't want to date a submissive man and that causes me problems. Men who know what they want, not needing to be led a lot, are decisive, and action-oriented (especially with me) are attractive.

Last edited by srjth; 11-07-2013 at 08:23 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships