Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2014, 03:33 PM

253 posts, read 655,288 times

Advertisements

That's the catch tho.. Most of us are located in the US, where the courts favor equitable arrangements. Is there anyone here from Italy that can weigh in on this? For all we know, she may be left penniless without this SOB's "pension" to keep her afloat.

Old 01-07-2014, 03:42 PM

92 posts, read 93,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Bear View Post
Are you a US person, and are we talking a US marriage? Just your comments on this forum alone are enough to make your life a living hell for at least a decade...not to mention financially break you to nothing. Don't be quite so bombastic.....it isn't over until it is over, and this is just beginning.
No, I'm not in the US. You don't understand, I was already advised by a lawyer when I changed the account settings. No one can get any money or information from my account without permission from the 2 holders (my brother and I). No court can do it unless you're talking about corruption or money laundering. Like I said, you don't get to my age without learning a few things.

If she wants the house to be her property, fine, find a way to give me my half. Only then I'll give her half of my savings.

No lawyer in the world can contest my account settings. It's a perfectly legal method of protection.

Old 01-07-2014, 05:06 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,740,695 times
How sad that you feel you have to "protect" yourself from your nonworking, penniless doormat of a wife who has given all of her time and resources completely to you for 40 years asking nothing more than to stay married.

Give her the house, a lump sum and her independence. Continuing to control her with an allowance for the rest of her life is just cruel.

Old 01-07-2014, 06:02 PM

15,713 posts, read 9,531,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlonzoHelmt View Post
No, advice on how to deal with the current situation. She even asked me if I wanted to send my clothes to "our house" for the maid to take care of it. She sent me a Christmas gift and I told I didn't want anything. She basically treats me like I'm still her husband (and I am but just in the paper).
Have some pity on her. You ripped the rug right out from under her and now you expect her to bounce back up and move on with her life as easily as you have. Be civil with her, but also don't give her any false hope. It's going to be tough on her but I really feel the best thing for her is you to be a non-factor in her life. She has my sympathy; you do not.

Old 01-07-2014, 07:28 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,756,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
Have some pity on her. You ripped the rug right out from under her and now you expect her to bounce back up and move on with her life as easily as you have. Be civil with her, but also don't give her any false hope. It's going to be tough on her but I really feel the best thing for her is you to be a non-factor in her life. She has my sympathy; you do not.
Sadly, you can't give what you don't have.

And our OP has no compassion, no empathy, and no clue how ugly what he has done and is doing really is.

Old 01-07-2014, 09:02 PM

5,751 posts, read 10,382,148 times
OP, how long have you lived in Italy? What is your nationality and native language?

Old 01-08-2014, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCUBS1 View Post
OP, how long have you lived in Italy? What is your nationality and native language?
Lived in Italy since I was 23. Swiss father and Italian mother. Both Italian and German as native languages.

Old 01-08-2014, 09:44 AM

Location: NYC based - Used to Live in Philly - Transplant from Miami
2,307 posts, read 2,769,139 times
I don't know what to say in this situation.
In a way you are partially to be blamed since it took you long time to "discover" yourself.
I really feel bad for her.
She is probably in her 60+ now and it is not easy for her to just move on especially after 40 years of marriage.

I am sorry that you are both in this situation. But I am more sorry for your ex-wife.
As bad as it sounds, you should just stand on your ground.
Please do not be mean to her when she sends those text messages. But do be patient again explaining the situation. I hope in time, she will understand the situation.

Old 01-08-2014, 09:47 AM

5,751 posts, read 10,382,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlonzoHelmt View Post
Lived in Italy since I was 23. Swiss father and Italian mother. Both Italian and German as native languages.
So you are tri-lingual? Your English sentence structure and use of colloquialism is very good. Do you speak Swiss German?

Old 01-08-2014, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCUBS1 View Post
So you are tri-lingual? Your English sentence structure and use of colloquialism is very good. Do you speak Swiss German?
I lived 5 years in Britain as a young man. Both Swiss German and Standard German (grandfather was from Berlin and settled in Switzerland to escape retaliations).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships