Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2014, 10:03 AM

1,514 posts, read 2,127,402 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Chick View Post
Seriously?!?

DD = dear daughter for ages on the internet.
Maybe you need to brush up on the common acronyms!

Lists of Top 50 Internet Terms - NetLingo The Internet Dictionary: Online Dictionary of Computer and Internet Terms, Acronyms, Text Messaging, Smileys ;-)
Not everyone keeps a mental list of internet acronyms.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2014, 10:36 AM

17,869 posts, read 21,057,788 times
If you stay in cities populated with difference races-which I bet most of them are going to be-you shouldn't run into very much racism. You will find people who are racist, and you will find small groups who disapprove of your relationship, but most people won't care or pay attention to you.

Ignorance will never leave the world. You have to accept that.

I would recommend not moving to smaller towns. As a person who has lived in a smaller town his entire life, I can tell you that there's not much diversity here, and a lot of the residents here are racists and rednecks, but there are people who are not and simply don't care to pay attention to what other people are doing with there lives.

But rumors spread like wildfires.

Old 01-18-2014, 11:12 AM

4,862 posts, read 7,991,202 times
I could care less who marries who. If the woman is a nagger the man is going to be miserable. Just as Oprah mentioned as generations die off things change. Kids today will never understand the shock of president being elected and then reelected. Times are changing. I think today in the big picture it's more about money rather than race.

Then again the southeast US still want to hold on to old ways.

Old 01-20-2014, 06:56 PM

48,702 posts, read 35,171,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaypee View Post
Alabama and Mississippi.
It was funny..... I think it was Mississippi that was noted as the least gay friendly.

So they filmed two guys pretending to be, overtly gay walking through one of the cities, and everyone was super nice to them, including a marriage proposal in a diner.

I'm not sure if was staged, but I'd like to think it was true.

In my experience race isn't really that much of an issue with most people. But you can find jerks anywhere.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 01-20-2014, 06:57 PM

48,702 posts, read 35,171,465 times
Please keep the conversation generic, once it gets to specific races and stereotypes, and mis-information it will be closed.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 01-20-2014, 08:12 PM

3,793 posts, read 4,617,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
Dear daughter.
Ugh. I find "DH" to be obnoxious enough. (It will always mean "designated hitter" to me.) Now we have DD, too? Do we also have DW, DS, DGM, DGP, DF, DM, DA, DU, etc.?

How about we all stop using cutesy-arse acronyms, pretending everyone is "dear," and just take the extra half second to type out "husband" or "daughter," mmkay? Mmmkay. Thanks.

Old 01-20-2014, 08:16 PM

3,793 posts, read 4,617,893 times
Quote:
Seriously?!?
Yes, seriously.

Quote:
DD = dear daughter for ages on the internet.
Ages, eh? How long have you been on the internet? I've been here since the early 90's, before there was even a "world wide web," thank you very much. Nobody I know uses crap like that. DD means designated driver, or a large cup size. Even on the internet.

Quote:
Maybe you need to brush up on the common acronyms!
Maybe you need to speak English and not cutesy-nerd-everyone-is-"dear"-acroynym-BS-speak.

kthanks.

Old 01-20-2014, 08:24 PM

42,762 posts, read 53,023,537 times
Lol.

Old 01-20-2014, 08:28 PM

1,514 posts, read 2,127,402 times
Heh.

Old 01-20-2014, 09:33 PM

2,572 posts, read 4,267,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
Dear daughter.

20yrsinBranson
Thanks for clearing that up. I they they were meaning dumb daughter! LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships