Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2014, 08:58 AM

48,563 posts, read 34,935,042 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearnorth View Post
Ugh. I find "DH" to be obnoxious enough. (It will always mean "designated hitter" to me.) Now we have DD, too? Do we also have DW, DS, DGM, DGP, DF, DM, DA, DU, etc.?

How about we all stop using cutesy-arse acronyms, pretending everyone is "dear," and just take the extra half second to type out "husband" or "daughter," mmkay? Mmmkay. Thanks.
Those have been the acronyms for along time.

With me, DH can mean either "dear husband" or "d@mn husband". That way I can be a little snarky with no one the wiser.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2014, 09:14 AM

513 posts, read 898,352 times
I have lived in MS all my life and i can say that mixed race marriages are way more commonly accepted here than people that live elsewhere think. I have several nieces and nephews of mixed race and no one messes with them.

Now there are certain areas where you will see racial discrimination, but it is not everyone nor is it the whole state. As a matter of a fact I always find it funny when folks from out of state show how they are bigoted. During the summer we had a music festival here and had a good number of folks from northern states visit it. I honestly quit counting how many times I was asked "how do you live around all these blacks" or "why is that girl with that black man, did her parents not raise her correctly". Most of these were from Mass, Conn, Ohio, and I think one group was from New Jersey but I may be wrong on that one.

Old 01-26-2014, 04:59 PM

62 posts, read 215,293 times
You are kidding, right? I certainly hope so since I have been married to a non Caucasian and we have lived in Athens as a couple for going on 28 years. Only thing we have noticed has been jealously.

Last edited by zapata1818; 01-26-2014 at 05:22 PM..

Old 01-26-2014, 07:47 PM

5,899 posts, read 5,803,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Attractively Ambigious View Post
As in if you are an interracial couple, particularly non-white male with white female, people will let you know you aren't welcome there.
I am presuming some white-majority parts of the southern U.S.

Old 01-26-2014, 08:33 PM

2,631 posts, read 7,022,832 times
I personally never had a problem not even looks. But then again I'm a pretty big guy. I would just beat them up.

Old 01-26-2014, 08:37 PM

2,631 posts, read 7,022,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
There is a weird phenomenon going on in the Missouri Ozarks. You would think that this would be a highly racist part of the world, but more and more often little black kids are showing up to be raised by their white, unmarried, overweight, toothless mothers and grandmothers. It's kind of mind boggling to see a family portrait of Jim-Bob and Doreeeeeen, and daughter Dorcas and her little brown skinned baby Tyrone. But it seems to be happening. Go figure.

So my answer to the OP is. I guess if you have that happening here, no place is going to be free of the interracial relationships.

20yrsinBranson

Baby tyrone. ROFL.

Old 01-26-2014, 08:44 PM

3,009 posts, read 3,646,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veyron;33195879[B
]Baby tyrone.[/b] ROFL.
Tyrone Biggums

Old 01-26-2014, 08:54 PM

3,063 posts, read 3,276,562 times
I lived down south, in Nashville, and I saw IR all the time. Whether it was black women and white men, or white women and black men, asian women and white women, or asian women and white men. It was very accepted and no one blinked an eye. I was surprised at the level of tolerance. I have to say that living in the south surprised me. I didn't not once any hostility between races or sense that IR couples were not tolerated.

Old 01-26-2014, 08:58 PM

265 posts, read 409,916 times
if you drive 1.5 hours from where I live, you won't find any minorities, much less minority. interracial couples. how that demographic would take to interracial couples is anyone\s guess.

Old 01-28-2014, 12:30 AM

32 posts, read 35,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Of course there are some homes/families that don't tolerate it. But the OP was asking about "areas"...I assumed that meant geographical areas. Hell I can assure you that if I had ever shown up at my family's events with a black man as my date - many of them would have fainted dead away. My father surely would have had a heart attack.
It's actually a surprise that they didn't get what the poster was asking.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships