Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-03-2014, 07:35 AM

1,115 posts, read 1,193,679 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by monumentus View Post
I replied to everything in your post. I do not need to quote it all to reply to it all. I quote just enough of the post so you know generally the area I am currently replying to - but I reply to it all. You are just avoiding my post now by going off on a tangent about my posting style.

The fact remains that many people keep their sexual history to themselves and do not share it with current partners. Calling this "manipulation" is just crass and wrong.
Hiding what you did on a "break" because you know the information would likely drive the guy your running back to away is textbook manipulation.

Old 02-03-2014, 07:37 AM

3,636 posts, read 3,424,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rationalmale18 View Post
Hiding what you did on a "break" because you know the information would likely drive the guy your running back to away is textbook manipulation.
No not really. As I said many men hide homosexual histories too because they do not think their sexual history has anything to do with the current partner.

You just want to portray it as manipulation - by nothing but assertion - because you WANT the OP to be wrong and you will say anything to make it so.

The OP has made enough errors and mistakes without you having to invent more.

Old 02-03-2014, 07:39 AM

Quote:
No not really. As I said many men hide homosexual histories too because they do not think their sexual history has anything to do with the current partner.

You just want to portray it as manipulation - by nothing but assertion - because you WANT the OP to be wrong and you will say anything to make it so.

The OP has made enough errors and mistakes without you having to invent more.
The majority of this board agrees with me.

Any normal person would want to know if the person they went on a temporary break with slept with someone else. To deprive them of this information by out right lying or refusing to answer the questions, so they cannot make an informed decision, is manipulation. How is it not?

Old 02-03-2014, 07:43 AM

Manipulation: to manage or influence skillfully, especially in an unfair manner: to manipulate people's feelings.

By either lying, hiding, or whatever you want to call what she did on this break, (Not her entire sexual history, that is irrelevant and a distration to the point) she is influencing his decision in an unfair manner. This is textbook manipulation

Old 02-03-2014, 07:43 AM

Quote:
The majority of this board agrees with me.
"Argumentum ad populum" is a fallacy for a reason. Perhaps you would do well to look it up - learn it - and not look silly by doing it again.

Quote:
Any normal person would want to know if the person they went on a temporary break with slept with someone else.
Now you are just asserting yourself to be right and normal. Just declaring it to be "normal" does not make you right. Some people might WANT to know but the information is not their due. What a single person does with their sex life while single is no business but their own.

You can ask - and if your partner wants to tell you that is fine - but the information is not your "right" or your privilege. If you think it is - think again.

Quote:
To deprive them of this information by out right lying or refusing to answer the questions, so they cannot make an informed decision, is manipulation. How is it not?
Because it is not information they have any right to. If you are single during a break then you have no right to expect you will get all the information about what the person during that break did.

In fact to try and use your current relationship to cajole someone into revealing their sexual history outside that relationship - THAT is manipulation.

Old 02-03-2014, 07:47 AM

Quote:
"Argumentum ad populum" is a fallacy for a reason. Perhaps you would do well to look it up - learn it - and not look silly by doing it again.

Now you are just asserting yourself to be right and normal. Just declaring it to be "normal" does not make you right. Some people might WANT to know but the information is not their due. What a single person does with their sex life while single is no business but their own.

You can ask - and if your partner wants to tell you that is fine - but the information is not your "right" or your privilege. If you think it is - think again.

Because it is not information they have any right to. If you are single during a break then you have no right to expect you will get all the information about what the person during that break did.

In fact to try and use your current relationship to cajole someone into revealing their sexual history outside that relationship - THAT is manipulation.
Lol.

So what happens when he presses and she's the type that doesn't answer questions about any of her sexual history.

She lies. That's a healthy relationsihp
She refuses to answer and says none of your business. It's then quite obvious something happened and the relationship will be strained.
She tells the truth. Who knows, but good chance it will create issues.

I feel bad for the people that associate with people like you IRL.

Old 02-03-2014, 07:59 AM

1,102 posts, read 1,350,455 times
What Mod cut: personal attack monument is pushing for is what the extreme side of feminism is pushing for. Sleeping with whoever you want without consequences. The real world is not sex and the city. It's evident here as the OP must resort to deceit and manipulation to continue her relationship despite silly m's protests to the contrary.

Last edited by Mikala43; 02-03-2014 at 08:32 PM..

Old 02-03-2014, 07:59 AM

Quote:
So what happens when he presses and she's the type that doesn't answer questions about any of her sexual history.
Thats up to him really isnt it? We have had threads on here before on this subject. Guys or girls who are upset that when they ask their partner about their sexual history - they do not share it. Some people get haughty and upset about it. Others are more mature and realise that the sexual activity of their partner outside the relationship is not actually their business and they get over it.

Quote:
She lies. That's a healthy relationsihp
So all the people who do not share their entire sexual history with their current partner are "liars" then are they? Thankfully this is your opinion only and does not match the reality. Many people keep their sexual history from outside the relationships private - there is nothing unhealthy about their relationship.

Quote:
She refuses to answer and says none of your business. It's then quite obvious something happened and the relationship will be strained.
As I said - she should do what she always does. If he has asked her about her sexual history before and she refused to answer - why should it be any different here? If he can not cope with her not sharing everything with him then that is his issue to deal with - and I would have advice for him too if he were to come here posting looking for some.

Old 02-03-2014, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy1316 View Post
Sleeping with whoever you want without consequences.
I have no recollection of pushing for any such thing - please do not put your words in my mouth.

My only point is that the sexual history of a single person is their business and their business only.

Any other point you want to discuss are of your own invention - not mine.

Old 02-03-2014, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Thats up to him really isnt it? We have had threads on here before on this subject. Guys or girls who are upset that when they ask their partner about their sexual history - they do not share it. Some people get haughty and upset about it. Others are more mature and realise that the sexual activity of their partner outside the relationship is not actually their business and they get over it.

So all the people who do not share their entire sexual history with their current partner are "liars" then are they? Thankfully this is your opinion only and does not match the reality. Many people keep their sexual history from outside the relationships private - there is nothing unhealthy about their relationship.

As I said - she should do what she always does. If he has asked her about her sexual history before and she refused to answer - why should it be any different here? If he can not cope with her not sharing everything with him then that is his issue to deal with - and I would have advice for him too if he were to come here posting looking for some.
You are trying to merge two seperate issues into one. A person's entire sexual history is much different than what happened last Friday on break. Get real.

I am not going to argue with you about whether witholding information to influence someone's decision is manipulation or not. Please review your definitions and return when you can argue logically.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships