Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-02-2014, 11:20 AM

2,560 posts, read 2,639,915 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnatomicflux View Post
I guess it just seems to me that the timing of everything was awful convienient.

Guess I've been cheated on one too many times lol

Anyway, I can see it your way too. However, I don't consider a "break" to mean you're now "single". It is taking a small step back to evaluate a relationship....together. But, that's just me.
Meh I find the timing for 'bad' things generally are convenient and 'good' things generally aren't convenient.

Understandable you may have projected a bit of bias in your response ala being cheated on and quite enlightening that you acknowledged such as a probability.

The different considerations on break is why I think it's suited for people to detail what a break means when they have one and it seems either she did detail it meant sleeping with others is acceptable hence why she finds nothing wrong or they/she didn't detail it and assumed sleeping with others is acceptable thinking he could have done the same as well.

Old 02-02-2014, 11:37 AM

1,311 posts, read 1,694,165 times
Here's my question--

If she thought her behavior was acceptable-- which she seems to think it was-- why was she so concerned about losing her boyfriend? Why is she also going to withhold the fact she slept with another guy when she was on a break?

Old 02-02-2014, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage_girl View Post
Here's my question--

If she thought her behavior was acceptable-- which she seems to think it was-- why was she so concerned about losing her boyfriend? Why is she also going to withhold the fact she slept with another guy when she was on a break?
Likely because it is acceptable doesn't mean it will be reacted upon positively. To repost:
Quote:
Originally Posted by udolipixie View Post
The reason she doesn't tell him is probably because it may negatively affect the outcome she wants. No different than guys who sleep with prostitutes when they were single choose not to divulge that information to potential or current partners because even though it's in the past and they were single it might negatively affect the outcome they want.

Old 02-02-2014, 11:49 AM
hvl

403 posts, read 552,187 times
Quote:
I don't really get that assumption of fidelity considering the relationship isn't going normally as it's been put on a temporary stop/hold.

However you've basically expanded what I've been saying that this seemingly isn't a double standard in society of gender but differing opinions on what a break is.
Furthermore, it seems that the vast majority of people consider a break something different from a breakup. At least to me, ordinary guy, a (temporary, short) break means that we don't hang out or stay much in touch for a couple of weeks while we think about where we're taking this relationship.
The relationship is in a frozen state, temporarily. It's not the same as being single again, imho.

Old 02-02-2014, 11:59 AM

1,846 posts, read 2,045,783 times
Quote:
Many do agree that I'm a great catch. Some don't. No different than likely most people though nice hooplaman on the implied slight instead of addressing the post.

Seems there is no logical reason why this is 'wrong' just emotional and possibly projecting differing views on morality.
I have learned to manage my time more judiciously instead of engaging inane people on the internet in serious discussion. Its futile for me to engage you on a higher level because you obviously have lost your marbles.

Old 02-02-2014, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooplaman View Post
I have learned to manage my time more judiciously instead of engaging inane people on the internet in serious discussion. Its futile for me to engage you on a higher level because you obviously have lost your marbles.
Nice ad hominen quite common go-to for those lacking a logical response. I 'obviously' lost my marbles because we differ in opinion on what a break is. LMFAO

Old 02-02-2014, 12:12 PM

1,846 posts, read 2,045,783 times
Quote:
Nice ad hominen quite common go-to for those lacking a logical response. I 'obviously' lost my marbles because we differ in opinion on what a break is. LMFAO
You don't have an opinion it's just a rationalization you have come up with in your head to justify your own personal behavior. Not for anything I have come across women like you all the time honey. But enough said I have posted exactly how I feel and debunked other people who had the same rationalization as you already. If you are so interested in me engaging you in a "logical" debate then you can go back and read my responses to the other 2 or 3 people taking part in rationalization masturbation in this thread.

Pump and dump!

Old 02-02-2014, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooplaman View Post
You don't have an opinion it's just a rationalization you have come up with in your head to justify your own personal behavior. Not for anything I have come across women like you all the time honey. But enough said I have posted exactly how I feel and debunked other people who had the same rationalization as you already. If you are so interested in me engaging you in a "logical" debate then you can go back and read my responses to the other 2 or 3 people taking part in rationalization masturbation in this thread.

Pump and dump!
It's not a rationalization as seemingly nothing needs to be rationalized. It was a break and seemingly the break stipulated sleeping with others is acceptable or it was assumed shown by how she finds it acceptable and guesses he could have done the same as well.

You didn't debunk anything as exchanging opinions on what you consider a break, claiming he deserves to know, and that 'this is the dumbest concept' when it comes to not revealing sexual history other than STDs/STIs isn't debunking it's holding different opinions. It's also irrelevant considering in this discussion the only definition that matters is the one that was assumed or agreed upon in her break.

Meh pump and dump holds no relevance to my posts or me but whatevas.

Old 02-02-2014, 12:26 PM

2,916 posts, read 3,002,759 times
She wanted to cheat but doesn't want to fess up. Not telling your S.O. is selfish and suggests that she enjoyed the other dude but knows on some level it was "wrong."

If you truly feel justified in doing something, you'll proudly share it with others...regardless of their response. If her BF cheated, I'm sure she'd prefer to know the truth.

He should drive a wedge between her and one of her friends and then smash the friend.

Old 02-02-2014, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgn2013 View Post
She wanted to cheat but doesn't want to fess up. Not telling your S.O. is selfish and suggests that she enjoyed the other dude but knows on some level it was "wrong."

If you truly feel justified in doing something, you'll proudly share it with others...regardless of their response. If her BF cheated, I'm sure she'd prefer to know the truth.

He should drive a wedge between her and one of her friends and then smash the friend.
Feeling justified in doing something doesn't necessarily mean one is proud of it. Many feel justified to sleep with prostitutes and many don't share it. Many feel justified to sleep with however many they want and many don't share their sexual partner count with their partners.

Egh the 'if her BF cheated' part is a bit off as going by her posts having sex with another when the relationship is on hold is different from having sex when the relationship is in progress. She even seemed dismissive of him sleeping with another during their break.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships