Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-02-2014, 12:56 PM

1,839 posts, read 3,067,745 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage_girl View Post
Here's my question--

If she thought her behavior was acceptable-- which she seems to think it was-- why was she so concerned about losing her boyfriend? Why is she also going to withhold the fact she slept with another guy when she was on a break?
If you're hiding something, you must have something to hide . . .manipulative of the OP not to tell what likely would be something he'd want to know.

Old 02-02-2014, 02:26 PM

2,098 posts, read 2,502,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MollieSJ View Post
Also, my boyfriend and I were on a "break" so I think we were both free to do whatever we wanted. I mean he very probably did not go chasing girls, but I don't know that for sure.

I think I acted the way I did because I was very angry at him and maybe a part of me did it to show that I can do it too, if that makes sense.
If you really believe the bolded to be true and that you have no further moral obligation to feel anything about your behavior, then you are going to have a rough time in life trying to be in a relationship with anyone, this guy or the next one you screw things up with.

You ended the relationship because you believed someone else's word over his. You ran out and immediately slept with someone else. Then you wanted him to take you back when you found out you were dead wrong. People who try to weasel out of responsibility for their actions on technicalities wind up pushing others away. Because you may think you have an "out" in all of this by the "we were on a break" line but that does nothing to even slightly dampen the hurt you caused. And if you double that hurt by trying to invalidate his feelings with "we were on a break"? You will destroy any relationship you try to have as long as you consider your technicalities and rule-making more important than your partner's feelings.

Time to grow up, little girl.

Old 02-02-2014, 02:30 PM

1,115 posts, read 1,194,460 times
If he finds out what happened on the break, he will probably stop the relationship. Whether the fembots here think it was "OK" because of the break or not is irrelevant. If you have to hide and lie about something from your SO to continue a relationship, you are an ugly person inside and selfish. Bottom line.

Old 02-02-2014, 03:12 PM

10,363 posts, read 20,805,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rationalmale18 View Post
If he finds out what happened on the break, he will probably stop the relationship. Whether the fembots here think it was "OK" because of the break or not is irrelevant. If you have to hide and lie about something from your SO to continue a relationship, you are an ugly person inside and selfish. Bottom line.
RM, I hope the fembots you refer to are just the couple that really pushed for saying she was fine for doing what she did. The rest of the women on here were pretty much in agreement with your viewpoint, with only slight variations. Be careful of painting an entire group with a broad brush.

Old 02-02-2014, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stepka View Post
RM, I hope the fembots you refer to are just the couple that really pushed for saying she was fine for doing what she did. The rest of the women on here were pretty much in agreement with your viewpoint, with only slight variations. Be careful of painting an entire group with a broad brush.
It was directed at them, assuming they lean to the extreme side of feminism. No offense directed at you

Old 02-02-2014, 03:32 PM

2,560 posts, read 2,639,915 times
Quote:
It was directed at them, assuming they lean to the extreme side of feminism. No offense directed at you
Egh that's quite an assumption as nowhere was feminism stated, suggested, implied, or mentioned in the disagreement. Differing opinions on what a break means was...seems to you any gal that disagrees with whatever notions you have is a fembot and for some reason ties to feminism....quite a contradiction if so considering your username.

Old 02-02-2014, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by udolipixie View Post
Egh that's quite an assumption as nowhere was feminism stated, suggested, implied, or mentioned in the disagreement. Differing opinions on what a break means was...seems to you any gal that disagrees with whatever notions you have is a fembot and for some reason ties to feminism....quite a contradiction if so considering your username.
Defintion of break is irrelevant

Old 02-02-2014, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Defintion of break is irrelevant
Not really considering her actions happened when it was on break. So if the break defined/assumed sleeping with others is acceptable which it seemed to considering she appears dismissive about him sleeping with others it's not evading responsibility as you claimed for her not to tell him or hiding/lying and such.

Old 02-02-2014, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by udolipixie View Post
Not really considering her actions happened when it was on break. So if the break defined/assumed sleeping with others is acceptable which it seemed to considering she appears dismissive about him sleeping with others it's not evading responsibility as you claimed for her not to tell him or hiding/lying and such.
I'll repeat for you, as she says she IS hiding it from him.

If you have to hide and lie about something from your SO to continue a relationship, you are an ugly person inside and selfish.

If you think hiding what happened on a break because you know the info will likely ruin you having your cake and eating it too is ok, then that says a lot about who you are.

Old 02-02-2014, 03:50 PM

Quote:
I'll repeat for you, as she says she IS hiding it from him.

If you have to hide and lie about something from your SO to continue a relationship, you are an ugly person inside and selfish.

If you think hiding what happened on a break because you know the info will likely ruin you having your cake and eating it too is ok, then that says a lot about who you are.
She said she's not telling him whether it's hiding depends on the perception of if this action is something to hide. No different than if not telling a partner about a lengthy sexual history is seen as hiding. To me it's simply not being forthcoming about events that happened when the relationship was on hold.

It's certainly not lying going by the posts as I don't see her stating she denied sleeping with others when he asked.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships