Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2014, 02:03 PM

1,846 posts, read 2,045,783 times

Advertisements

Deb42's response vindicates what I did with my girlfriend by letting her go and avoiding this aftermath.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2014, 02:05 PM

19 posts, read 29,555 times
See thats the thing… when we ARE together, like when I stay with him, he wants to be attached at the hip. Cuddle all night. Cuddle on the couch. Hold hands all the time, etc. And I am just not as passionate about the physical aspect with him as I used to be! I don't know why, and it makes me very sad... that so called 'spark' is just so gone for me.
Since I'm so young, I feel like I shouldn't have to sacrifice these years of my life where I could be having so much fun. Don't get me wrong, I don't really party or anything and don't have interest in sleeping around at all. I just feel trapped.

Everybody says JUST DO IT. But its not that easy for me yet. Don't worry, I'm working up the mental courage every day! And I'm not totally stringing along. He knows something is wrong, he can tell, I just haven't gotten to the nitty gritty with him yet.

Old 02-06-2014, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deb42 View Post
See thats the thing… when we ARE together, like when I stay with him, he wants to be attached at the hip. Cuddle all night. Cuddle on the couch. Hold hands all the time, etc. And I am just not as passionate about the physical aspect with him as I used to be! I don't know why, and it makes me very sad... that so called 'spark' is just so gone for me.
Since I'm so young, I feel like I shouldn't have to sacrifice these years of my life where I could be having so much fun. Don't get me wrong, I don't really party or anything and don't have interest in sleeping around at all. I just feel trapped.

Everybody says JUST DO IT. But its not that easy for me yet. Don't worry, I'm working up the mental courage every day! And I'm not totally stringing along. He knows something is wrong, he can tell, I just haven't gotten to the nitty gritty with him yet.
When you say fun what are you looking to do?

Old 02-06-2014, 02:07 PM

He is about 1000 miles away, btw, for everyone that was confused on the distance. Too far to drive, and plane tickets get very pricey.

Old 02-06-2014, 02:08 PM

Fun? I'm not sure exactly... I want to move away from my hometown eventually (next year or so) and have new experiences. I want to meet new people and make new friends, and not have all these emotional strings attached.

Old 02-06-2014, 02:20 PM

4,828 posts, read 4,286,580 times
Quote:

That's a profound statement and it's coming from a place where you aren't wanting to party or hookup. It's coming from a place to where you just realized you two have really grown apart. He's sweet and awesome, but your goals no longer line up. You want to be your own woman, not the woman who's glued to her phone keeping up with the boyfriend. I say do what's best for you and best for him. That's breaking up. it will hurt, but it will get better.

Old 02-06-2014, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weezerfan84 View Post
That's a profound statement and it's coming from a place where you aren't wanting to party or hookup. It's coming from a place to where you just realized you two have really grown apart. He's sweet and awesome, but your goals no longer line up. You want to be your own woman, not the woman who's glued to her phone keeping up with the boyfriend. I say do what's best for you and best for him. That's breaking up. it will hurt, but it will get better.
Thank you for that. I guess on here I was looking for a little bit of justification on how I felt as well, so again, thanks. Thats exactly how I feel–glued to my phone.

All of this is just in time for Valentines Day, right? Fml. haha. Thanks for your support I appreciate it. And out of everyone you have given me a good idea of what I could possibly say to him. I'm just so nervous to break the poor guys heart. He doesn't deserve it, but I guess that is life. I do love him a lot, just don't feel 'in love' anymore.

Old 02-06-2014, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooplaman View Post
When you say fun what are you looking to do?
I'm not able to message you back anymore! Apparently I have a daily limit of 1 message…weird.

Old 02-06-2014, 02:30 PM

Quote:
I'm not able to message you back anymore! Apparently I have a daily limit of 1 message…weird.
I think you need a certain amount of posts to be able to message more.

Old 02-06-2014, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooplaman View Post
I think you need a certain amount of posts to be able to message more.
No wonder–this is the only post I've ever done. But for example in regards to what you said about moving to NYC… I want to do something drastic like that. I don't think my bf would be able to accept it! I would be around a whole new world and new people and it would most likely upset him a lot that he can't be there. Just more strings tied down that I am not into.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships