Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2014, 10:12 PM

11,157 posts, read 14,006,045 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metaphysique View Post
Didn't you know? Of course attractive people are not intelligent, and if they believe they are they're simply fooling themselves. Delusional, they are!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProDancergirl View Post
Don't forget superficial, cold, and vain!
These are the things the bitter members of the lonely hearts club tell themselves to help them sleep at night. God forbid an attractive person have enough confidence in himself or herself to say so. As I mentioned before, it's about balance and delivery. For me balance is important because I think a lack of self confidence to too great a degree is as unattractive as conceit about one's appearance. Meanwhile delivery is important because people appreciate humility. But if someone feels he or she is attractive is it really that big a crime to say so? Delivery is crucial then, because a lot of times it's not what you say but how you say it.

Also OP, don't bother with a picture. If you are who and what you say you are you don't need validation from random users on a forum.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2014, 10:23 PM

3,051 posts, read 2,599,516 times
Because you probably got a big schnoz..... not cool.

Old 02-08-2014, 10:38 PM

2,994 posts, read 5,591,209 times
Saying you're attractive makes no sense. Everyone is attractive to someone. Some are just considered attractive to more people then others.

Old 02-08-2014, 11:04 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,935,956 times
Quote:
I get that. I don't go around stating i'm attractive. But on an online forum where no one can see what you look like...i don't get why people make such a big deal about it. This is a dating forum and people are going to ask if you are attractive or not because that is an important factor people look for in a partner...as well as personality yada yada.
because most people who call themselves attractive are ugly and everyone else is rolling their eyes

Old 02-09-2014, 07:43 AM

5,295 posts, read 5,239,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metaphysique View Post
Er, I'm sure Gerard Butler and Chris Hemsworth know they're attractive. Attractive people, in the classic sense, know they're attractive. Just like I'm sure Scarlett Johansson and Halle Berry know they're attractive.
Knowing it and stating it are 2 completely different things.

Just for grins, this is an interview with Halle Berry:

On her beauty and self-esteem
Just because they see my face doesn’t mean they see me. A person’s self-esteem has nothing to do with how she looks. If it’s true that I’m beautiful, I’m proof of that. Self-esteem comes from who you have in your life. How you were raised. What you struggled with as a child.

Last edited by carnivalday; 02-09-2014 at 07:53 AM..

Old 02-09-2014, 08:10 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,171,795 times
Quote:
I don't mean to sound boastful but I consider myself attractive. I get told that ALL the time. I'm a professional cheerleader for a NFL team and do lots of public appearances where I am usually hit on by men...but they usually know they have no chance and it's in good fun. Outside of that it's rare I'll ever get hit on. During the week I work at as a realtor and many of the men I show places to will flirt with me but never ask me out.

This one guy I was really interested in asked my coworker about me by email (he showed me the email between them). He pretty much said he thought I was beautiful and wanted to know if I was single. My coworker told him yes but he never sent him another email. Today I gave him a tour of another property and the whole time he didn't ask me out! I am baffled. This happens all the time! A guy will ask someone about me and not say a word to me personally. There was another customer I had that did the same thing...asked a coworker about my single status but never said anything to me! It's funny guys always ask me how I'm single...well maybe if you'd ask me out! So my question is...could the reasoning be that they are scared/intimidated by me? I never really believed this to be true but I don't know why else
Yes - but you didn't simply state that you are attractive. You stated that you know you are attractive, people tell you that you are attractive ALL the time, men hit on you even though they know they have NO CHANCE with you, etc. That's why you came off as arrogant.

Old 02-09-2014, 08:16 AM
MJ7

6,221 posts, read 10,737,395 times
Quote:
Serious question. I created a thread where I simply said I am attractive and people jumped all over me. Do people assume you think you're better than them for saying your an attractive person? I just never understood the negative comments that follow when someone states this. It's ok to describe yourself as intelligent, funny, ambitious, whatever, but as soon as someone says they are attractive all hell breaks loose. I get that beauty is subjective , but i think that if a majority of people agree that you are good looking, it's pretty safe to say it's true. I don't get why it's ok for others to acknowledge but your supposed to pretend that you don't know. Even when someone compliments you, your supposed to act like no one else has ever mentioned it and play it off.
There is nothing wrong at all in saying you are attractive. The best way to judge this is how others react to you. If you receive compliments all the time on your looks then yes you are attractive. If you are approached by men (or women) yes you are attractive.

People get jealous and snotty.

But then again, almost everyone is attractive...to someone.

I'm attractive myself, how do I know this? I receive compliments on my looks, I receive a lot of eye contact and smiles from women almost everywhere I go, men usually are somewhat intimidated by me.

I will add this though, attractiveness isn't just about looks. It's how you carry yourself, if trade pleasantries, hold open doors, pick up things that people drop and hand it back to them, etc. you will be highly regarded as a good person and it adds to your attractiveness and appeal.

Old 02-09-2014, 08:17 AM
MJ7

6,221 posts, read 10,737,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
Yes - but you didn't simply state that you are attractive. You stated that you know you are attractive, people tell you that you are attractive ALL the time, men hit on you even though they know they have NO CHANCE with you, etc. That's why you came off as arrogant.
Arrogant? Maybe, truthful? Yes.

Sometimes the truth hurts. It's like walking into a Hooters, 50 yr old men hitting on 21 year old girls, do they honestly think they have a chance?

Old 02-09-2014, 08:17 AM

16,391 posts, read 30,935,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
It seems to be a common theme here. People are incapable of getting their point across clearly. Maybe that is her problem in the dating world also? :P

Old 02-09-2014, 08:34 AM

22,331 posts, read 29,439,446 times
Jealousy
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships