Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2014, 10:11 PM

4,038 posts, read 4,864,752 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lease29 View Post
Being single myself and not looking for a long term relationship there are just people who are nosy of course I have experienced people asking me about my lack of a boyfriend especially from a nosy aunt of mine nearly every time she saw me she asked "Got a boyfriend yet?" drove me just a tad mad!

Of course a reply could be none of your business cos it ain't anyone elses business why you are single.
People should mind there ps and qs.

Content and single myself
Yeah, I've never run into any flack for being single. There's nothing wrong with it. Why would there be something wrong with it? In big cities, there are tons of singles at all ages, and nobody cares.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2014, 10:19 PM

8,923 posts, read 7,723,158 times
Not a darn thing. As long as you're happy.

Old 10-15-2014, 10:46 PM

1,201 posts, read 1,579,050 times
It's easier to be single now than it has been in the last 50 years, unless you go online and solicit opinions on it to validate yourself. People are more accepting in social settings than they have ever been, but if you live online you will not get that.

Old 10-15-2014, 11:27 PM

Location: "Silicon Valley" (part of San Francisco Bay Area, California, USA)
4,375 posts, read 4,070,925 times
I've never been in a relationship but I want to be, someday. Right now it would be impractical (minimum wage, no car/don't know how to drive, had to move back into dad's apartment), but once those practical issues are fixed, it sure would be nice to have someone who reciprocates my feelings.

OP, you had a girlfriend just recently, did you not? That makes you in a better position than myself, I've never experienced that. You might still be heartbroken from the last time, I understand that. But at least you're not in your 30s having never kissed anyone, so that aspect is good.

Old 10-16-2014, 02:32 AM

6,822 posts, read 6,636,718 times
I'd love to have an intimate relationship married even to a woman I love and that loves me. For whatever reason, I do not have that and it looks like I may never..

Just be content with what life hands you.. embrace whatever situation you find yourself in and just be thankful.

Old 10-16-2014, 03:34 AM

15 posts, read 30,003 times
I think it is the right attitude to not let society dictate you with whatever it thinks is "acceptable" but just because it is mainstream it is wrong.

Old 10-16-2014, 03:52 AM

4,290 posts, read 4,012,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
In this society, if you don't have a girlfriend or boyfriend people think there is something wrong with you. But what if you are content with being alone? I don't date and never will. I don't even approach women for anything. I have been put down and insulted for choosing to be single. I will not be in a relationship because society says so, I live my life my way and will tell off a person who tries to tell me what to do. There are people who are content being single. It pisses me off when people say I need to date. Why can't others mind their own business on this topic?
Yes because something wrong with their mind or attitude or way of grown. And also they don't know that you being single but on bed not single so.. just saying hi hi

Old 10-17-2014, 09:00 PM

2,887 posts, read 2,635,679 times
Being single is a damnable cursed existence that I am unable to break out of. Nobody helps me. Time after time I reach out to break this cycle and time after time I am lead down the same prim rose path only to be betrayed at the moment of ultimate vulnerability with the loud and clear message constantly, repeatedly and consistently burned into my heart and soul that this is the intended goal all along, to get me to fall in love, the illusion of happiness and contentment purposefully dangled in front of me only to be vaporized and gleefully snatched away with a smile and a sick satisfied look on her face at achieving and accomplishing the only goal, not of reciprocating love and sharing life with me, but instead to specifically that of leaving me heartbroken and devastated often for years, sometimes decades before I dare try again only to have the same thing happen. As Walt said in Gran Torino “ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while that you shouldn't have [deceived] with? [Spits] That's me.

Yes, literally decades of single emptiness while I endure the fine pleasure watching you enjoy happiness in your loves and lives walking together, holding hands, eating, sleeping together and doing everything together that only couples can share and experience what I can only dream about and desire and cherish yet never get to experience here.

If I am to experience pain and suffering why should anyone else on this sorry planet not experience the same crap I have to endure but only for a longer, harsher and everlasting time “later” shall we say. Perhaps your only time for happiness has been limited and will be for this lifetime only and the afterlife a rather opposite state of affairs. This, unfortunately for you, is not my fault, can not and will not be undone, reversed or remedied without a steep price to pay that which grows exponentially by the second and appears unpayable as this planet is demonstrating to me that it has nothing to offer. Nothing. It sucks to be you LOL.

I am not a masochist nor do I enjoy or tolerate being deceived in such a diabolical and hateful manner. I God Damned well do not seek this out yet this “reward” is delivered time and time and time again. Why do you get to enjoy the happiness, satisfaction, and contentment of having love and a partner to experience life with while I am left to wander the earth forever alone. This is not living or enjoying life at all. Life is a prison sentence being served day after day, alone, while you get to experience comfort, joy, contentment, peace, happiness, tranquility. For you this shall change. May God have mercy on your souls as you are going to need it and never receive it. You deserve and shall receive eternal damnation as you have done everything that you can to earn it.

Last edited by JobZombie; 10-17-2014 at 09:31 PM..

Old 10-17-2014, 09:19 PM

11,879 posts, read 14,211,423 times
I get asked this question by my cousins "How many girlfriends do you have" ?

Seriously, they think I've slept with several women in college and am "Hiding something hot about my sex life". They just never trust the fact I'm virgin. Even if I have a good looking girl as my friend, they start making assumptions about my sex life and tell me how ugly I look in comparison .

Last edited by Adi from the Brunswicks; 10-17-2014 at 09:28 PM..

Old 10-20-2014, 03:28 PM

2,970 posts, read 2,770,510 times
I was single for 20 years. It was not fun at times, but I survived.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships