Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2014, 07:54 PM

255 posts, read 407,521 times

Advertisements

Honestly, if you've been told offline several times that you're good-looking, consider yourself lucky. I don't get why a website suddenly makes you feel insecure (although I'm guessing you must have felt that way before, otherwise you wouldn't be so depressed) enough to forget what you've been told by people who know you. Pictures are not all that accurate, so perhaps you aren't photogenic. Go by what you hear offline, not online.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2014, 10:12 PM

4,338 posts, read 7,510,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImportersWife View Post
You piqued my interest, so I created a profile to see what the fuss is about, but apparently my stay there will be short lived at the hands of the opposite sex.

I must be getting old because I don't think the men are all that good looking. There are a few, but the rest are kinda average. The women seem to be better looking, but a little makeup, some exposed skin and an overexposed (or slightly blurry) photo go a long way.
At least there aren't any overweight men on there.

Old 03-28-2014, 11:23 PM

1,326 posts, read 1,139,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Info Guy View Post

Women: Would you lie to a guy and tell him he is handsome, cute, hot, attractive, etc?
Yes. Just to get in his pants.

Old 03-29-2014, 06:15 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,748,463 times
i finally found a situation where this song is appropriate:

Crush All Boxes 06 I'm A Beautiful Guy - YouTube

Old 03-29-2014, 08:49 PM

457 posts, read 694,229 times
Quote:
I applied to beautifulpeople dot com and got voted OUT!
People from both genders including gay men have told me that I am very attractive.
So why did I get voted out? I am feeling very sad.
Dude, who cares?

Old 03-29-2014, 11:46 PM

774 posts, read 907,135 times
Quote:
Free member.

Oh ok. So even if I got in. I still have to pay to send messages?

Wow so not only if you have to go good looking but have to pay too.
They wouldn't throw paying members off.

Old 03-30-2014, 07:30 AM

20,048 posts, read 18,317,297 times
It reminds me of talent shows and the people who try to win them. So many of those folks have been lied to. All of their lives, someone or some people, told them they could sing. They told them they were great. They told them they were star quality. But then, reality strikes its harsh blow. In this case OP, it sounds like you've received one such hard blow. You are not as good looking as you thought!

Old 03-30-2014, 08:49 AM

7,796 posts, read 16,405,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by picklejuice View Post
It reminds me of talent shows and the people who try to win them. So many of those folks have been lied to. All of their lives, someone or some people, told them they could sing. They told them they were great. They told them they were star quality. But then, reality strikes its harsh blow. In this case OP, it sounds like you've received one such hard blow. You are not as good looking as you thought!

They accepted my profile...BUT it means squat. Based on what I've seen, maybe 10% of their members are what I would constitute as "beautiful" people. The rest of us are just average in the looks department. As another member pointed out, the only thing that seems to be consistent is that there aren't many overweight people.

And if you want to utilize the site, you still have to pay.

Old 03-31-2014, 01:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simtropico View Post
They wouldn't throw paying members off.
Can't pay unless get accepted.

Old 03-31-2014, 01:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImportersWife View Post
They accepted my profile...BUT it means squat. Based on what I've seen, maybe 10% of their members are what I would constitute as "beautiful" people. The rest of us are just average in the looks department. As another member pointed out, the only thing that seems to be consistent is that there aren't many overweight people.

And if you want to utilize the site, you still have to pay.
Generally, if a person is not over weight than the chances they will look good.
Almost everyone looks good on there. At least, above average on both sexes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships