Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2014, 03:37 PM

2,365 posts, read 2,149,907 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by txtqueen View Post
I do love him.
I just can't take being left to do everything and then treated like crap when I can't keep up with taking care of an entire house alone.

Whatever want his number?
You can do all the dishes, his laundry, anything he ask, do all the house and never go anywhere.
Nope, I have a man - for 34 years and counting. I didnt keep him by thinking the way you are. We came to the verge of breaking up a few times, and when asked what things fro the relationship that I wanted - I told him nothing, and I meant it. What do I want reminders of love lost all around me for? I have been in your shoes.

You never had sex in that car, ever? You will never think of him at all when you look at it?

Please dont think Im not understanding what you are talking about. You had me right up until you felt the inanimate object was more important than whatever became of him after he was put out. There was always the probability that he could drive it right back into the drive way of the home you share. Its sounds like you have a great new life now. Is there any possibility that he isnt seeing this new life as being so great?

I was moving along on the assumption that he merely needed a wake up call, and let him see that he might be punishing you with petty things, due to all he lost to go be with you.

You are absolutely right though - he should be able to at least rent a u-haul to get himself out of the situation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2014, 03:48 PM

6,190 posts, read 7,975,947 times
I just don't know if there is any snapping him out of this. He hasn't always been this bad.

I'm just nearing my breaking point. I can't keep doing this. I've got the bedroom nearly clean and he's not going to give a damn because he'll be like well you didn't do this or that or whatever.

Old 04-05-2014, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConeyGirl52 View Post
Nope, I have a man - for 34 years and counting. I didnt keep him by thinking the way you are. We came to the verge of breaking up a few times, and when asked what things fro the relationship that I wanted - I told him nothing, and I meant it. What do I want reminders of love lost all around me for? I have been in your shoes.

You never had sex in that car, ever? You will never think of him at all when you look at it?

Please dont think Im not understanding what you are talking about. You had me right up until you felt the inanimate object was more important than whatever became of him after he was put out. There was always the probability that he could drive it right back into the drive way of the home you share. Its sounds like you have a great new life now. Is there any possibility that he isnt seeing this new life as being so great?

I was moving along on the assumption that he merely needed a wake up call, and let him see that he might be punishing you with petty things, due to all he lost to go be with you.

You are absolutely right though - he should be able to at least rent a u-haul to get himself out of the situation.
I wouldn't put him out.
He could stay here and even sleep in the bed next to me if he wanted to until he found a way out.

I'm at the point where I'm not sure a wake up call will work with him.
It's not that he needs a wake up call, it's if it'll work or not.

Old 04-05-2014, 03:52 PM

44,259 posts, read 64,391,094 times
Dump this man before some poor child gets dragged into this mess.

Old 04-05-2014, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConeyGirl52 View Post

We have it all.
Good jobs, an awesome house, plenty of people out age to hang with, 2 acres. We should be living it up and enjoying life but he just rather come home and ***** about everything he's unhappy about and leave all the work up to me even though I work just as much in a high stress environment.

Old 04-05-2014, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Dump this man before some poor child gets dragged into this mess.
You make me sound like an ignorant woman who's going to end up with an oops baby.

I'm a smart cookie, I'm on the pill and I know how to not get pregnant.
I also previously stated that I don't even want kids right now. I'm 24, let's try 28 or older.

Old 04-05-2014, 03:56 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,207,787 times
Quote:
It's my house.
We moved here to take care of my family, we live in one of their houses rent free for taking care of them.
I wouldn't be the one to leave.

We share a car and like I said we moved 1100 miles away from home. He'd have to find a car and a new place out here or go back home, which would require us moving him back out there.
EENNH! It doesn't require YOU doing anything other than evicting him. Don't leave it up to him. He has it too good to leave: A cook, a maid, sex, someone to take his problems out on. He has no reason to leave.

You, on the other hand, have every reason to get rid of him. He's a baby. Stop enabling him. Hard, I know. I enabled my ex-husband. But if you don't do something about this now, it's your own fault.

Old 04-05-2014, 04:01 PM

1,259 posts, read 1,250,996 times
Quote:
We have it all.
Good jobs, an awesome house, plenty of people out age to hang with, 2 acres. We should be living it up and enjoying life but he just rather come home and ***** about everything he's unhappy about and leave all the work up to me even though I work just as much in a high stress environment.
Working in an high stress environment?

Quote:
We sing and dance at work to whatever comes on over Sirius, we work in retail on commission. We party, have fun, joke around and make money.
Seems really high stress

Old 04-05-2014, 04:05 PM

2,365 posts, read 2,149,907 times
Quote:
You make me sound like an ignorant woman who's going to end up with an oops baby.

I'm a smart cookie, I'm on the pill and I know how to not get pregnant.
I also previously stated that I don't even want kids right now. I'm 24, let's try 28 or older.
Yes, he's the one who wants the child. Maybe he feels insecure in this new environment, I dont know. It cant be easy for a man to go live off his woman's family (not that he is truely doing that, but that could be the way he sees it right now), and if you are spending almost 2 hours a day commuting and an 8+ hour work day, theres plenty he can imagine is happening all around him, including not being with him. You have a support group there (family), and he doesnt.

You guys need to talk. He needs to listen to you and you need to listen to him. Compromise is possible.
Maybe take a vacation and remember why you got together in the first place. Take a vacation together, and tell him, if he doesnt want to - maybe you guys should give the relationship a rest for a while. See if absense makes both your hearts grow fonder.

In the end, it boils down to whether you both still want to be together, and if you both still do - what changes are you both willing to make? Can he handle grape jelly once in a while? Can you afford to please both parties, and buy both? Its not really a waste of money, since both will last longer - and you will both be happy with whats on your toast in the morning. Maybe hiring someone to come help clean once in a while would suffice to keep the place to both of your liking.

Whatever happens, best wishes to both of you!

Old 04-05-2014, 04:06 PM

11,222 posts, read 16,435,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soy sauce View Post
Working in an high stress environment?

Seems really high stress

I bet you the guys working on an oil rig do all that, save for the singing and dancing.

Would you agree that working on an oil rig is a high stress environment?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships