Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2014, 03:18 PM

350 posts, read 477,912 times

Advertisements

Planning for kids in this environment??? Please say NO.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2014, 03:18 PM

288 posts, read 255,702 times
Let him buy his own car, he's living rent free, I'm assuming he works. I was in a somewhat similar situation, cooked, cleaned, went to school full time, part time job, and he worked. Which would have been fine, but he became very jealous. We were together 5.5 years. My friend wanted to see me since I haven't seen her in months went out.

I told him and 30 min later started telling me if I wasn't home by this time he was going to leave. Let's just say I didn't do what he wanted, and came home when I wanted. He did leave in the morning, some nasty texts later he said he was picking his stuff up on Saturday. I packed all his stuff neatly and put it in a corner, and I mean everything.

Later when we started talking he told me he never thought I would actually pack his things, that he wanted to come and " work it out", he was hurt etc that I would do this.

Don't be a doormat and do things he wants you to do. If you say something's, follow through. He's an adult, he can figure things out, and so can you

Old 04-05-2014, 03:20 PM

6,190 posts, read 7,975,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ConeyGirl52 View Post
So, wait...is it truely your car, or grandma's car? Meh, keep it then, but realize he has no where to go. Also, realize you just gave a clue that he might have a point about you afterall...ijs. Such value on an inanimate object.
I work 40 minutes from home. It would be months before I could even think about even putting a down payment on something.

Why give up everything for someone I was sending on their way and putting myself in a predicament to where I don't have a way to get to my job that I love?

Old 04-05-2014, 03:23 PM

2,365 posts, read 2,149,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txtqueen View Post
I work 40 minutes from home. It would be months before I could even think about even putting a down payment on something.

Why give up everything for someone I was sending on their way and putting myself in a predicament to where I don't have a way to get to my job that I love?
Wait...didnt he give up everything to go be with you? No one in the family would at least loan you a vehicle, or even buy you another one?

Okay, you love your job, but no longer love him? He can just schlep off into the sunset with what little he can carry, I suppose...

Old 04-05-2014, 03:24 PM

Quote:
So? That means its all about her, right?

Im sure someone in the family would loan her a car to continue to take care of grandma, while she works and has normal life.

Is it just me, or are some puzzle pieces not truely fitting together here?
Yeah because the two family members I have here, the 75 and 95 year old who live off of ssi and have one car are going to make a car appear out of thin air for me. Mhmm.

Did you miss the part where both he and I left our immediate families back in another state?

Old 04-05-2014, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Wait...didnt he give up everything to go be with you? No one in the family would at least loan you a vehicle, or even buy you another one?

Okay, you love your job, but no longer love him? He can just schlep off into the sunset with what little he can carry, I suppose...
I do love him.
I just can't take being left to do everything and then treated like crap when I can't keep up with taking care of an entire house alone.

Whatever want his number?
You can do all the dishes, his laundry, anything he ask, do all the house and never go anywhere.

Old 04-05-2014, 03:27 PM

The better question is if he works why dosent he have his own car? That seems strange to me

Old 04-05-2014, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kch84 View Post
The better question is if he works why dosent he have his own car? That seems strange to me
He works with our neighbor. He has no use for a car. If I work late he gets dinner and anything else he needs on his way home any other time I'm home.

Old 04-05-2014, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by txtqueen View Post
He works with our neighbor. He has no use for a car. If I work late he gets dinner and anything else he needs on his way home any other time I'm home.
If he has a job, he can go to a dealership and get a used car in about 2 hours all said and done. He's an adult, if he dosent want to help and compromise, he can live on his own and in his own filth and you wont have to act like mom to a grown man.

Old 04-05-2014, 03:35 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,449,435 times
you are not selfish you could however be codependent.
read patterns and characteristics.
btw you will probably have to go thru several BF before you fix this
dont have kids.

http://www.sdccoda.org/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships