Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2014, 02:33 PM

4,613 posts, read 4,797,211 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
Well, did it ever dawn on you, Lucario, that you have a reverse-bias by thinking that all middle-aged husbands are NOT no-good and needy.
I can't find a post where he said or implied this. I think it's fair to conclude that BOTH genders are guilty of becoming "no-good and needy". For every ex-wife you can find that feels that way, I can find an ex-husband. To imply that there's a significant majority one way or the other is just ignorant.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2014, 02:47 PM

1,226 posts, read 1,450,144 times
Single, Divorced, Older Folks - Would you marry again?

I think it depends on your marriage experience. I'm sure those who were divorced because they were cheated on, abused in any way, in short, bad marriage most likely would never marry again.

But those who were widowed and in general had a long happy marriage most likely will have no prob re marrying. Like my father, when my mother passed away it only took him short time and re married.

When I almost divorced, I really thought marriage was a joke. Because I almost divorced my husband of merely 2 months. Now my marriage is OK. We worked on our marriage so we are still together. I of course would like it to be like my parents marriage like LITERALLY til death do us part.

But if for some reason, we broke up, or he dies before me. I have a feeling I won't marry again. I would just be okay with live in arrangements. Or weekend rendezvous relationship.

Old 04-17-2014, 02:55 PM

18,250 posts, read 16,931,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hivemind31 View Post
I can't find a post where he said or implied this. I think it's fair to conclude that BOTH genders are guilty of becoming "no-good and needy". For every ex-wife you can find that feels that way, I can find an ex-husband. To imply that there's a significant majority one way or the other is just ignorant.
yes, I am aware that there are bad wives out there too. But it was a female divorcee that started the thread so I ran with that. And Lucaro said as much by saying that my remark was biased and something else, can't remember. It was implied. I always try to make it perfectly clear that I am not painting ALL husbands as bad--just the rotten apples.

Old 04-17-2014, 03:18 PM

6,319 posts, read 7,246,324 times
Yes i would! But the following must apply +

1. He is a millionaire

2. He has a dicky heart OR a hearty dick.

Non neg.

Queue to the left....tia.

Old 04-17-2014, 03:43 PM

18,250 posts, read 16,931,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cindersslipper View Post
Yes i would! But the following must apply +

1. He is a millionaire

2. He has a dicky heart OR a hearty dick.

Non neg.

Queue to the left....tia.
Is that tia a requirement he must have a Transient ischemic attack?

Old 04-17-2014, 04:29 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,207,787 times
Quote:
Well, the smell part I didn't think about. Fortunately, hers usually smell like lilacs and she has diverticulosis to boot, so I'm lucky that way.
Well, lilacs are a great thing to smell like, if I say so myself, but in terms of gaseous emissions, I have to wonder if perhaps she's just sitting next to a Glade Plug-In when she lets 'em rip?

Old 04-17-2014, 04:55 PM

2,331 posts, read 3,215,167 times
In reply to the op, nope NEVER! I'll die single!!

Old 04-17-2014, 04:58 PM

17,639 posts, read 22,650,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRosa View Post
LOL! I expected that and similar such responses. But if you smelt my farts, you wouldn't be so forgiving. What I meant is if her farts smelt like mine.
tip... DON'T light a match......kaa-boom......

Old 04-17-2014, 05:28 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,663,697 times
Quote:
Well, did it ever dawn on you, Lucario, that you have a reverse-bias by thinking that all middle-aged husbands are NOT no-good and needy. There are plenty of them out there as many ex-wives on this board will attest. I'm referring to that sub-group, not the entire population. I think made that obvious in the following sentence that you conveniently did not highlight.
No, it never dawned on me, simply because I am not the kind of person who makes generalizations about entire categories of people.

Old 04-17-2014, 05:55 PM

5,295 posts, read 5,241,552 times
Ive been divorced now for nearly 20 years. I love being single. It took me a while to get to this point. The longer I am single, the pickier I get about the people I let into my life. In my 30's and maybe even 40's, I looked at every new man that I met as a possible, potential, mate. I found myself compromising in order to hopefully be a part of a couple. Now that Ive been single this long, it would take an extraordinarily special man for me to even consider, and I dont think they are out there. Im not sure I would want one to be.

I truly value my space now; no demands, no pressures, no stress, no drama. Im diggin it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships