Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2014, 08:05 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,742,017 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
How would you feel if a woman you already knew let you know that she wanted to have sex with you one time but didn't want to continue to be friends with you or talk to you afterwards again?
i think in 99% of cases i'd consider that a 'win'

i think it's conceivable, though, that if i was really into a particular woman and saw her as marriage material, then i'd be disappointed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2014, 09:07 AM

2,331 posts, read 3,214,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydive Outlaw View Post
I would laugh and ask her if she is serious about the 'one time' part of the deal. Once women experience sex with the Sky-O, they continue coming back for more. Sometimes even years later although cheating while in a relationship or married.
Lmao, and then you woke up! right?

Old 05-05-2014, 09:13 AM

5,460 posts, read 7,763,328 times
Quote:
How would you feel if a woman you already knew let you know that she wanted to have sex with you one time but didn't want to continue to be friends with you or talk to you afterwards again?
I wouldn't (and couldn't, to be honest) do it -- I need much more than just a woman's physical intimacy alone, on an emotional basis. Real and genuine love is what is needed for me to feel loved and cared for in the romantic sense, personally speaking, and a one-night stand just can't deliver on that...

Old 05-05-2014, 09:18 AM

9,130 posts, read 20,018,788 times
No thank you to the one night stand. If I am already friends with her, I would rather be friends than trade it for one night.

Old 05-05-2014, 09:21 AM

2,211 posts, read 2,617,045 times
Quote:
I don't think that situation has ever happens in real life to any dude, none that I know of anyway. Back in the day I have had one night stands with girls who were not my friends and were not my friends afterwards either.

But in this hypothetical situation, if she is willing to end our friendship by bringing up this scenario to me. I would have to wonder how much of a friendship did we really have? I just might end the friendship even without the sex.

Last edited by Just One of the Guys; 05-05-2014 at 09:53 AM..

Old 05-05-2014, 10:12 AM

2,628 posts, read 4,300,531 times
I am not a big fan of one night stands or even casual hookups. Things were a bit different in college, but I outgrew that phase by my early twenties.

However, I think situations limited by the parameters set by the OP do happen from time to time. Almost two years ago a woman that I know fairly well through a professional organization and with whom I am on very friendly terms approached me and pretty much directly propositioned me sexually. She said that she had been with (and married)the same guy for thirteen years since she was 19 and that she was involved in a divorce. She said that she did not want any relationships on account of her son, but she had been attracted to some men over the years but did not act on it due to her marriage, even though her relationship died years ago. I was somewhat recently divorced myself, and not in a serious relationship, and I found her attractive, but I still declined. I am not sure exactly what my reasoning was other than that type of encounter is not my style. Paradoxically, I probably would have hooked up with her had she gone for a more traditional seduction approach, but the whole "mark a date on your calendar" vibe that I picked up put me off.

Old 05-05-2014, 10:21 AM

11,373 posts, read 9,288,232 times
Quote:
Pass in a big way.

Not my thing, neither are ONS under any condition / situation.

Old 05-05-2014, 04:43 PM

5,899 posts, read 5,797,744 times
Quote:
I'd tell her "No thanks."

Old 05-05-2014, 10:19 PM

10,930 posts, read 11,729,269 times
The answer depends a lot on whether sex is a "scarce" commodity for the person who is replying. More importantly, you never really know what's going to happen after a one-night unless you already have decided that for yourself.

Old 05-06-2014, 02:19 AM

33,016 posts, read 27,469,142 times
Quote:

I can't wrap my mind around that scenario, but I find it profoundly troubling and sad. My first thought would be to say I don't want to have sex with you but I never want to lose your friendship. Is that an option here?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships