Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2014, 02:36 PM

1,115 posts, read 1,194,353 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
Yeah i pretty much ignore his attempts at crying about where he is it. He makes decent to good money right now, and he's making it out to be terrible.

All i can say is that he's a poor spender or he lives in an area that is super expensive and won't move to a slightly less expensive area to save more money. Either way, it's kind of ridiculous.
Dude really thinks that a better job = plentiful women.

Not gonna happen bud.

Old 05-10-2014, 02:39 PM

3,009 posts, read 3,643,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
Yeah i pretty much ignore his attempts at crying about where he is it. He makes decent to good money right now, and he's making it out to be terrible.

All i can say is that he's a poor spender or he lives in an area that is super expensive and won't move to a slightly less expensive area to save more money. Either way, it's kind of ridiculous.
There is no such thing as cheap rent unless you want your stuff stolen or if your a female you might get raped. Rent is the same for the most part even 30 min away from work and your going to pay 800,for a one bed room.

I am not sure I want a roommate anytime soon since I found my last roommate unconscious and he lucky I came home when I did or he not be alive today. BTW he flatlined 2 times on the way to the hospital and was in a coma for two weeks. He alive and well now with no brain damage . The Dr told him they have no idea how he is alive.

Old 05-10-2014, 02:44 PM

4,038 posts, read 4,865,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by krieger00 View Post
There is no such thing as cheap rent unless you want your stuff stolen or if your a female you might get raped. Rent is the same for the most part even 30 min away from work and your going to pay 800,for a one bed room.

I am not sure I want a roommate anytime soon since I found my last roommate unconscious and he lucky I came home when I did or he not be alive today. BTW he flatlined 2 times on the way to the hospital and was in a coma for two weeks. He alive and well now with no brain damage . The Dr told him they have no idea how he is alive.
Dude, being a crybaby's a real turn-off for women.

The fact is, you've got a pretty sweet deal. If you can't appreciate that, you have deeper problems. Suck it up, do your best in school, and get on with your life. You don't know how many people would practically kill to be you.

btw, good job at hijacking the thread.

Old 05-10-2014, 02:49 PM

17,869 posts, read 21,002,282 times
Quote:

Yes there is most definitely such a thing. I haven't paid more than 500 a month on rent and as low as 300 splitting costs with a friend on a house. Total rent including utilities was 450/month and I lived in a very safe neighborhood.

I've already had this conversation before, based on your salary even if you had an 800/month rent apartment and say 500 in utilities, that's a little more than 2 paychecks after taxes which is different anywhere you live, you still have a lot of money to spend on food and anything else you want to do for fun in your free time and also save a little bit of cash in a savings account.

I'd just move further out if you don't want to afford 800/month, which I wouldn't blame you for, but there are a lot of ways to reduce the amount of money you spend on things and still save money or have dates or anything like that.

But I can be a cheap bastard when I feel I need to save up.

Old 05-10-2014, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rationalmale18 View Post
Dude really thinks that a better job = plentiful women.

Not gonna happen bud.
Better job = me not feeling like POS when I wake up in the morning wishing I did not have to work today .

Old 05-10-2014, 03:03 PM

1,115 posts, read 1,194,353 times
Quote:
Better job = me not feeling like POS when I wake up in the morning wishing I did not have to work today .
Yes, that will increase your attractiveness. But if you're not good with women with a crappy job, you wont be with a good one.

Old 05-10-2014, 03:05 PM

2,761 posts, read 2,231,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
You're not part of the working poor, Krieger, knock it off. You're a college student making nearly $20/hr. full-time. Boo hoo. Everybody feel sorry for Krieger, working his way through school on $19.40/hr.
Isn't Krieger closer to his mid twenties going back to college? Big difference being 18 making 19.40 an hour than a 25 year old. And with the cost of tuition so high, he's probably still going to be broke for a while.

Old 05-10-2014, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbiePoster View Post
Dude, being a crybaby's a real turn-off for women.

The fact is, you've got a pretty sweet deal. If you can't appreciate that, you have deeper problems. Suck it up, do your best in school, and get on with your life. You don't know how many people would practically kill to be you.

btw, good job at hijacking the thread.
I am doing something about it by getting a better job. It not about the money I just need more than a paycheck . I need to be challenged and anyone can work retail it so easy any 1\2 retarded can do it.

Also I don't tell people what I do for a liveing it to embarrassed to admit it. Woman want a guy with goals and dream and I did have any so I went back to college .

Old 05-10-2014, 03:50 PM

102,218 posts, read 107,956,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stockyman View Post
Isn't Krieger closer to his mid twenties going back to college? Big difference being 18 making 19.40 an hour than a 25 year old. And with the cost of tuition so high, he's probably still going to be broke for a while.
The point is, he's not below the poverty line, as he'd have us believe. He's paying college tuition with his $19.40/hr. wage. He's putting himself through school. That's actually quite an achievement. For some reason, he not only fails to see it that way, he insists on exaggerating his situation for the worse, and feeling sorry for himself.

Old 05-10-2014, 03:52 PM

102,218 posts, read 107,956,787 times
Quote:
I am doing something about it by getting a better job. It not about the money I just need more than a paycheck . I need to be challenged and anyone can work retail it so easy any 1\2 retarded can do it.
Good for you for wanting to better yourself, and find meaningful work!
Quote:
Originally Posted by krieger00;
Also I don't tell people what I do for a liveing it to embarrassed to admit it. Woman want a guy with goals and dream and I did have any so I went back to college .
What you do for a living is go to school. That's all you have to tell people. You're working your way through school. How many times do we have to have the same conversation before it sinks in?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships