Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-20-2014, 11:39 AM

15,714 posts, read 21,070,743 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnatomicflux View Post
This guy rolled over our city Wednesday............

http://windsor.ctvnews.ca/polopoly_f..._620/image.jpg

Turned into this as it approached lake St Clair...

https://plus.google.com/+CBCNews/posts/7zmrYTWtL39

It was a crazy down pour, straight line winds that snapped large Oaks, and tons of lightning all night. I love living in the lightning capital of Canada, as we're just at the end of tornado alley.

What did I do? Went to the garage with Juno, turned on the local rock station 94.7 WCSX, grabbed a beer and a seat, and watched the show.

Juno seemed unaffected in any way, shape, or form by the thunder.

There was a strike right near my house. So close in fact, that both mine, and my neighbours TV's were turned on by it.
I'm getting MUCH braver than I ever was with regard to storms. I lived in western NY...we never had bad thunderstorms up there, it was just unheard of.

When we moved here I vividly remember my first storm. I was scared to death! The radar over my house was purple, the winds were really strong and the bajillion trees on our property looked like they were going to snap in half.

When we have severe storms it still freaks me out, but the regular ol' t-storms don't bother me as much anymore. Last night we had one...woke my 2 younger kids up and the dog was sitting ON my feet...if he could have sat in my lap he would have. When I finally went to bed, I found the youngest was camped out on our bedroom floor...lol

Old 06-20-2014, 11:43 AM

27,957 posts, read 39,779,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I'm pretty much a lazy dude.

Matter of fact, if you're an Austin Powers fan you might remember the character "Fat Bastard", well my movie villain name would be "Lazy Bastard"

I've been busting my ass all week. I put in some overtime trying to get some inspections caught up, so I can be totally turned loose. Then I am working on a cemetery that is in desperate need of mowing. So my mornings I've been working in the cemetery, head to work two hours early and then get home around midnight. It is wearing me out.

Old 06-20-2014, 11:48 AM

19,429 posts, read 15,244,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
I've been busting my ass all week. I put in some overtime trying to get some inspections caught up, so I can be totally turned loose. Then I am working on a cemetery that is in desperate need of mowing. So my mornings I've been working in the cemetery, head to work two hours early and then get home around midnight. It is wearing me out.
Sounds rough. Do you get the weekend off?

How are things going for Beagle?

Old 06-20-2014, 11:54 AM

27,957 posts, read 39,779,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post
Sounds rough. Do you get the weekend off?

How are things going for Beagle?
I am off this weekend. I am doing a 4 weekend next weekend.

Nothing has changed for Beagle.

Old 06-20-2014, 12:52 PM

19,429 posts, read 15,244,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
I am off this weekend. I am doing a 4 weekend next weekend.

Nothing has changed for Beagle.
Still wishing her luck...

Old 06-20-2014, 04:15 PM

52,263 posts, read 52,686,640 times
I've railed about this for a while now.

The zombie nation of millions held hostage by their phones.

I was getting my vehicle serviced today at a local jiffy lube center, I was in the waiting area with about five other people and we were all glued to our phones....

I looked around and saw that and thought... Hell, I've turned into a friggin zombie too. I was looking at work emails and stuff though... so I have an excuse....

Old 06-20-2014, 05:29 PM

Quote:
I've railed about this for a while now.

The zombie nation of millions held hostage by their phones.

I was getting my vehicle serviced today at a local jiffy lube center, I was in the waiting area with about five other people and we were all glued to our phones....

I looked around and saw that and thought... Hell, I've turned into a friggin zombie too. I was looking at work emails and stuff though... so I have an excuse....

It all depends on where I'm at. A lot of the times I'd rather read the magazines if there are any good ones...but I'm not too proud to take my phone out and take a picture of a recipe from the magazine

When I'm around people I rarely take my phone out. I won't answer a call or even look at my phone to see who called until I'm done with my "in person" conversation. I know it annoys a lot of people when they don't get an immediate response from me via text or by answering the phone...such is life though! Don't care.

When I'm at home, I rarely have my phone out. It's almost always in my purse so I don't hear it ring or ding. I still have a land line and I prefer people call me there.

My husband is always glued to his phone...sometimes I have the secret desire to smack it out of his hands when he's least expecting it. Evil, I know.

Old 06-20-2014, 05:31 PM

52,263 posts, read 52,686,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sixy* View Post
It all depends on where I'm at. A lot of the times I'd rather read the magazines if there are any good ones...but I'm not too proud to take my phone out and take a picture of a recipe from the magazine

When I'm around people I rarely take my phone out. I won't answer a call or even look at my phone to see who called until I'm done with my "in person" conversation. I know it annoys a lot of people when they don't get an immediate response from me via text or by answering the phone...such is life though! Don't care.

When I'm at home, I rarely have my phone out. It's almost always in my purse so I don't hear it ring or ding. I still have a land line and I prefer people call me there.
I agree completely... people in front of you have the stage, so to speak...... I guess when you are sitting in an oil lube shop with nothing else to do the phone probably makes a good babysitter.....

Old 06-20-2014, 05:35 PM

Quote:
I agree completely... people in front of you have the stage, so to speak...... I guess when you are sitting in an oil lube shop with nothing else to do the phone probably makes a good babysitter.....
OH, yeah...if I'm somewhere and they don't have anything decent to read, I'll pull out my phone.

Old 06-20-2014, 05:49 PM

8,757 posts, read 9,464,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sixy* View Post

My husband is always glued to his phone...sometimes I have the secret desire to smack it out of his hands when he's least expecting it. Evil, I know.
Your phone habits are very much like mine, also I have my ring tones set so I know if it's someone I really do or don't wish to take the call from, but, mostly I rarely here it ring and I always take reading materials with me when I travel or am planning to have wait time somewhere. I do keep my earbud attached to the phone to avoid nuisance people as needed or to listen to music at times.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships