Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2014, 01:31 PM

6,548 posts, read 7,276,958 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
LOL, I am probably one of the last posters you need to worry about in that department. Are you planning to encourage male posters like Prince Frog to try different things and hold out for romance? He and a few others were very plain-spoken about the best way to approach them.
You have said it. Using the same food example, guys have said a sandwich is just fine. Have a couple of ribs, steak, carne asada tacos, etc. while they watch the game and I am sure no one will complain . But sure, it will require effort, creativity, and time for the latter one which female posters here have shown is not something they are interested in doing as "it is not necessary".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2014, 01:36 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,688,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
You have said it. Using the same food example, guys have said a sandwich is just fine. Have a couple of ribs, steak, carne asada tacos, etc. while they watch the game and I am sure no one will complain . But sure, it will require effort, creativity, and time for the latter one which female posters here have shown is not something they are interested in doing.
You'll have to be more specific, because I do not know whom you're talking about. After this forum, I believe the one I post on the most is Food & Drink.

So you're not going to tell the guys here to start liking different things? Maybe if their girlfriends or wives logged in you could try to convince them to do things you prefer, rather than what their actual mates prefer.

Old 05-30-2014, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
So you're not going to tell the guys here to start liking different things? Maybe if their girlfriends or wives logged in you could try to convince them to do things you prefer, rather than what their actual mates prefer.
Nope. Read again. Read my food example again that I tried to use to illustrate my opinion. Is it that difficult to grasp?
Ok, forget sex. Let’s just go step by step with the illustration.

A guy is fine having his wife fix him a sandwich to watch the game but one day the wife discovers how to make/prepare a different meal. It will require more effort, time, and creativity from her but there is no doubt her guy will like it. Why not try it? Isn’t variation in the menu fun?

Well, now think about sex. Would a man complain if her wife seduced him, took initiative, prepared the ambience, wore something sexy, etc.? Other than just pulling her pants down and bending over as many female posters have agreed that is all the effort and creativity they have to put.

I am not saying all guys want that but I am saying guys wouldn’t necessarily complain about it either if women put a bit more effort about it.

If you don’t get it, then let’s try something else. Do women like flowers and jewelry? Of course. For arguments sake many might say they hate flowers and jewelry but let’s just say women do. Women will be happy to receive these in a nice restaurant and be content. How about if a guy arranged to surprise you with flowers and jewelry after a helicopter ride, in a boat picnic, under the Eiffel Tower, etc? See how things change a bit. It requires a bit more effort from the guy of course.

Old 05-30-2014, 01:55 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,764,451 times
Quote:
Nope. Read again. Read my food example again that I tried to use to illustrate my opinion. Is it that difficult to grasp?
Ok, forget sex. Let’s just go step by step with the illustration.

A guy is fine having his wife fix him a sandwich to watch the game but one day the wife discovers how to make/prepare a different meal. It will require more effort, time, and creativity from her but there is no doubt her guy will like it. Why not try it? Isn’t variation in the menu fun?

Well, now think about sex. Would a man complain if her wife seduced him, took initiative, prepared the ambience, wore something sexy, etc.? Other than just pulling her pants down and bending over as many female posters have agreed that is all the effort and creativity they have to put.

I am not saying all guys want that but I am saying guys wouldn’t necessarily complain about it either if women put a bit more effort about it.

If you don’t get it, then let’s try something else. Do women like flowers and jewelry? Of course. For arguments sake many might say they hate flowers and jewelry but let’s just say women do. Women will be happy to receive these in a nice restaurant and be content. How about if a guy arranged to surprise you with flowers and jewelry after a helicopter ride, in a boat picnic, under the Eiffel Tower, etc? See how things change a bit. It requires a bit more effort from the guy of course.
Sorry, sport. You are not representative of all the heterosexual men who are currently in or have had previous relationships.

We are not complex. As a man and husband I am the cook in the house. Seducing a woman and turning her on can be a bit more challenging. However, cleaning the bathroom, or as I call it, floorplay, is an excellent way to make inroads to her goodies and whatnots. Flowers and chocolates, maybe. Housework, 9 times out of 10 will do it.

Old 05-30-2014, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
Sorry, sport. You are not representative of all the heterosexual men who are currently in or have had previous relationships.

We are not complex. As a man and husband I am the cook in the house. Seducing a woman and turning her on can be a bit more challenging. However, cleaning the bathroom, or as I call it, floorplay, is an excellent way to make inroads to her goodies and whatnots. Flowers and chocolates, maybe. Housework, 9 times out of 10 will do it.
Exactly. It requires some effort from our part other than just jumping our woman all of a sudden. Do we enjoy having a woman pull her pants down and bend over, sure. Do we enjoy her putting a bit more effort, sure. That's all.

Old 05-30-2014, 01:58 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,160,393 times
Quote:
Didn’t say it bothered me. Having an opinion or disagreeing doesn’t mean someone is bothered. Of course they are happy about not putting any effort or creativity when it comes to sex.

All of a sudden women became saints here in the forum, of all places, and sharing all the effort and creativity they put for sex (which they have said they don’t) is all of a sudden too dirty?

So when you disagree with someone and share how magically perfect your relationship is it means it is actually the opposite? Come on. You share what you enjoy in your relationship with others many many times around here. I just shared a bit of my experience like you do often.
I guess I was not wrong when I said women put no effort and creativity. Not sure why they all said they disagreed and now they agree.
I feel that it is disrespectful to my husband to share the intimate details of our sex life on the internet. I'm sorry that this disappoints you.

But if you want to share the way that women have been creative with you - that's fine.

Old 05-30-2014, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Exactly. It requires some effort from our part other than just jumping our woman all of a sudden. Do we enjoy having a woman pull her pants down and bend over, sure. Do we enjoy her putting a bit more effort, sure. That's all.
Actually - that would be a huge turn on to most of the men that I know. Then again, they aren't the flowers and candlelit bath type of men.

Old 05-30-2014, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
I feel that it is disrespectful to my husband to share the intimate details of our sex life on the internet. I'm sorry that this disappoints you.

But if you want to share the way that women have been creative with you - that's fine.
If you find it a bit personal to share that, that is respected. But when it comes to sex, believe me, this forum is far from being conservative. So if women really put effort on it but are too shy to share, that would be a bit ironic after all the things that have already been talked about here. But women so far have already shared they don’t put any effort to it. I just suggested variation and shared one of the many things I have enjoyed when it comes to it (it was rated G, no details) which is perhaps a bit different from what female posters have shared.

Old 05-30-2014, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
Actually - that would be a huge turn on to most of the men that I know. Then again, they aren't the flowers and candlelit bath type of men.
Read back to what I have been saying. Women putting no effort and simply pulling their pants down and bending over is just fine but men wouldn't complain if women put some effort to it. Did you understand my food example or not?

Old 05-30-2014, 02:06 PM

Quote:
If you find it a bit personal to share that, that is respected. But when it comes to sex, believe me, this forum is far from being conservative. So if women really put effort on it but are too shy to share, that would be a bit ironic after all the things that have already been talked about here. But women so far have already shared they don’t put any effort to it. I just suggested variation and shared one of the many things I have enjoyed when it comes to it (it was rated G, no details) which is perhaps a bit different from what female posters have shared.
My respect for my husband has nothing to do with this forum, conservativeness, shyness, etc. It has to do with me feeling that the internet is no place for me to share the intimate details of my personal life. It is disrespectful to my husband to do so. Please stop trying to call me a coward in your normal passive aggressive manner. Just move on.

And either women have been creative and put effort into having sex with you - which would mean that women do do such things - or they haven't - in which case I understand you feeling that they do not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships