Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2014, 10:52 AM

103 posts, read 100,853 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueherons View Post

from what you've said, this relationship will not last too much longer.
How did you come to that conclusion?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2014, 10:58 AM

10,046 posts, read 15,712,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronsolini View Post
ok, so she uses some NSFW language. Who doesn't?
Sorry, you don't use language like that in front or your gf or bf parents. You don't use it in front of ANYONE"S parents and certainly not at work.

Your parents think she is crude.

Old 06-02-2014, 11:18 AM

13,981 posts, read 25,993,934 times
Quote:
ok, so she uses some NSFW language. Who doesn't?
Newsflash. If the language is NSFW, it sure isn't safe to use around people you are meeting for the first time.

If you really like this girl, you would be doing her a favor by encouraging her to clean up her mouth. The day will come when it will be a work issue.

Old 06-02-2014, 11:23 AM

I'm confident that when push comes to shove and she's in a job interview or whatever, she'll clean it up.

Old 06-02-2014, 11:53 AM

2,001 posts, read 2,517,298 times
Quote:
At a party freshman year, I met this very beautiful girl and we hit it off. I’m from Indiana and she is from Brooklyn, and came to IU because, well, I guess she got sick of NY. Like she’s cool and we just razz each other. She, and this is what I love about her oddly enough, can cuss up a storm like a machine gun. IDK I’ve never been a fan of the girls who are afraid to cuss. Anyway, Over Christmas she came home with me for a week before heading back home and then I went to her place for Spring Break. My family HATES her, she was very sweet to them( but alas a few cusses slipped out). I've told my family I’m the one dating her, but they don’t care, they want me with a “ Midwestern Girlâ€. This is all I hear about is how awful she is and her mouth and how long distance relationships don't work( now that it's summer I won't see her until school starts but we do video chat every day so that helps. Parents of C-D: who's right and what do I do? Just FYI, a buddy of mine is dating a girl from Guadalajara, talk about long distance
As a parent of kids your age I'd say your parents should be more supportive. You are simply dating her. It's very nice of you and her to travel to meet each other's family.

If I were your mom, I'd say you need to date, to experience all kind of people and relationships to see who and what makes you happy.

Even the part with a midwestern girl is not right. the world is so small nowadays and people so international you could end up with a girl from a remote part of the globe.

As a general rule long distance relationships do not work, the more time people are separated the bigger the chances are they'll break up. A separation of 3 month i dont think it is an issue.

when you bring your future bride home to meet your parents, that's a different story because it is serious. but even then, your parents can only tell you their opinion. You are an adult and can date/marry whomever you like.

Old 06-02-2014, 12:09 PM

11,936 posts, read 13,139,502 times
Quote:
How did you come to that conclusion?
You've mentioned more than once that you think her cursing is hot and you like that in a woman.

Not once have you mentioned any qualities that are what make a relationship work.

Old 06-02-2014, 12:11 PM

4,280 posts, read 6,094,509 times
Quote:
Yeah, we're white and she's got both British and Italian in her background.
I'm confused. You just said "yeah" in response to if she's a different ethnicity. The poster most likely meant race. You're both white, so that would mean, "no."

Old 06-02-2014, 12:14 PM

11,936 posts, read 13,139,502 times
Quote:
, and came to IU because, well, I guess she got sick of NY. Like she’s cool and we just razz each other. She, and this is what I love about her oddly enough, can cuss up a storm like a machine gun.
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueherons View Post
You've mentioned more than once that you think her cursing is hot and you like that in a woman.

Not once have you mentioned any qualities that are what make a relationship work.
Sorry for quoting myself.

I'm not trying to sound like a parent but what you love about her is completely superficial.

I'm also not judging, that is perfectly okay, what you love about her is different from what you've known all your life.

What I'm saying is enjoy the relationship, let your parents vent, nod and forget about it.

There is no need to make this a bigger thing than what it is.

Old 06-02-2014, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by psr13 View Post
I'm confused. You just said "yeah" in response to if she's a different ethnicity. The poster most likely meant race. You're both white, so that would mean, "no."
I was asked, is she of different ethnicity I said yes, now, as you pointed out, they meant race, so in that case, no. It was a wrongly worded question.

Old 06-02-2014, 12:23 PM

I love her for more than just her mouth. She's extremely motivated, helpful, fun to be around, and spontaneous.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships