Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2014, 02:13 PM

52,283 posts, read 52,713,798 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Sadly, many white men are easily intimidated, and shy anyway.
As a white guy I would assume that black chicks wouldn't be into me. I think very generally speaking, people tend to date within their own race... of course people date outside, but statistically most people date within.

That being said, I don't look like your run of the mill white guy, which would also add another factor into my reluctance to approach non-white women.

I don't know really how much of this is because white men are "easily intimidated"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2014, 02:17 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,896,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
I always seem to end up with chubbies for some reason. I am SO NOT attracted to that.

Especially since it always seems to come with snoring. Last guy needed a breathing machine at night. Hmmm.
Me too. My boyfriend is a bit chubby (drinking belly)but now that he quit drinking he is losing that. When I did online dating most of the guys were obese. I am not under any circumstances attracted to obese men.

Old 06-23-2014, 02:33 PM

102,216 posts, read 107,956,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
As a white guy I would assume that black chicks wouldn't be into me. I think very generally speaking, people tend to date within their own race... of course people date outside, but statistically most people date within.
I meant, their shyness likely wasn't due to a perceived difference in race, as the poster thought. White guys are that way around white women, too. Look at all the guys here who have said in the past that they assume attractive women are taken, so they don't approach. Or they're afraid to approach because they don't want to be rejected. Or they can't even bring themselves to speak to an attractive woman.

Old 06-23-2014, 04:04 PM

1,922 posts, read 3,987,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
I meant, their shyness likely wasn't due to a perceived difference in race, as the poster thought. White guys are that way around white women, too. Look at all the guys here who have said in the past that they assume attractive women are taken, so they don't approach. Or they're afraid to approach because they don't want to be rejected. Or they can't even bring themselves to speak to an attractive woman.
Very true.

The story of many black professional women not finding a professional black guy is quite true, especially in Chicago. I've been here a year and haven't met one. Most prefer the company of white women, asian or anything other than black. It's a big deal.

My younger brother, who is 17, has even stated he won't deal with black girls. And most of the black men in my family are now marrying white women.

I'm glad they've found happiness. But it's hard for a black woman to find love and happiness.

Old 06-23-2014, 04:11 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,616,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nj21 View Post
Very true.

The story of many black professional women not finding a professional black guy is quite true, especially in Chicago. I've been here a year and haven't met one. Most prefer the company of white women, asian or anything other than black. It's a big deal.

My younger brother, who is 17, has even stated he won't deal with black girls. And most of the black men in my family are now marrying white women.

I'm glad they've found happiness. But it's hard for a black woman to find love and happiness.
In my experience, I would say that there are professional black men out there who date black women. They might not all be tall, goodlooking, alpha, athletic, popular, etc. but I don't think they're impossible to find (don't take my word for it though because I haven't really searched for any).

Old 06-23-2014, 04:14 PM

7,300 posts, read 6,735,386 times
Quote:
My younger brother, who is 17, has even stated he won't deal with black girls. And most of the black men in my family are now marrying white women
Have you asked them why that is?

Old 06-23-2014, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
In my experience, I would say that there are professional black men out there who date black women. They might not all be tall, goodlooking, alpha, athletic, popular, etc. but I don't think they're impossible to find (don't take my word for it though because I haven't really searched for any).
I'm not looking for "ideal" complete package..Just someone I am attracted to and who is also a professional like myself (and we're compatible) -

I'm 28 and going to just be single..and I'm learning to deal with it.

Old 06-23-2014, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saritaschihuahua View Post
Have you asked them why that is?
My younger brother said black girls have attitudes he can't deal with, and they're loud. Well, he is in HS..I'd expect kids to be immature.

The others have a color complex due to their mother (both of her sons, my cousins, are married to other ethnicities).

And my step-dads brother is Nigerian. I don't think they're too fond of Black-Americans anyways.

Ummm, the others I haven't asked. Don't want it to get awkward...

Old 06-23-2014, 04:28 PM

4,575 posts, read 5,193,612 times
Quote:
Very true.

I know I attract the thug and drunk black guys. The kind I don't want. But many people don't know what I am. I am black, but have albinism. So, my hair is blonde, green eyes, and skin with no color. So, some people don't know what I am.

My ex friend says her family was racist, but they didn't mind me since, to them, I didn't look black. So, not telling what kind of men I could get, aside from the loser black guys-bums, thugs, drunks. I have pix online of myself, and alot of white guys did say I was hot.

And black guys may shy away from me for not being "black" enough. Sadly that happens. I am not ghetto, loud, don't like rap music and ******* and hoes, not attracted to guys with gold teeth, grills, chains, thug wannabes, loud guys. Basically, many guys and girls don't like ghetto, which not all black people are.

I like some anime, my mother watches as well.
I listen to any music that sounds good I like Nickleback, Japanese songs, Rock, Country, etc. Only music I do not listen to is metal. lol
I don't like hood films. The Friday films, Set it Off. The latter I watched, and it's ok. but not something I am gonna watch again.
I still like cartons, and family films, etc.

So, I may not be black enough for black guys. And many white guys aren't attracted to black girls. Not where I live anyway lol

So, Lord knows who i'll meet. But meeting someone is last on my list of things to do lol for now.

Old 06-23-2014, 04:30 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,052,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faith2187 View Post
Lmao. Lately this seems to be the type that approaches me or that pursues me. In the last year I've dated at least 10 guys(guessing) each one has mainly dated white woman. This wouldn't be an issue to me if this type didnt display certain tendencies that indicate some level of black hatred. For instance the most common comment I get from these men is often them asking if I'm mixed because I don't look like a black woman or they will make comments about other black women and attitudes these other women have. The weird thing is that black women find these men attractive and desire them so I have no clue why they have bitter or negative opinions about black women.

They also tend to look down on other blacks that are less fortunate as well. In other words just get the feeling that they don't like being black. Or maybe certain aspects. It just gets old. I admit that I typically prefer a black man that either has dated all races equally or one that mostly dates black women. But it seems like the men I've been attracted to professionally and physically have been the ones that are more partial to white women. They are typically the tall, athletic alpha, popular, corporate black men. Which is my type. Oh well lol.
I dont know why? I like black women too and I really do, however plenty of black women are not into me. I guess I'm not black enough for average black women especially since I'm heavily mixed. I don't know why they desire to be with those type of guys which do not really amount to nothing much in the long term. I find black women difficult to approach these days. But yes professional and well educated black men tend to be with white women, just like who well educated professional black women tend to be with white men. Its not the race issue of attraction its mainly similarities in education, income strata and work ethic that brings people of different races together. But I find professional well educated black women very attractive. Just like their white educated female counterparts, many struggle to find someone meaningful, chase men who make plenty of money who only use them for sex, worry about their careers and still single well past 35 with their biological clock ticking and then no man wants them neither black or white. Again this is what I have observed.

Last edited by Bronxguyanese; 06-23-2014 at 05:37 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships