Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2014, 03:16 PM

53 posts, read 76,376 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
Read her message, then report back what she said.

In the future, the way to look at this is, "How would I feel if my girlfriend did this to me?"

If you would have no problem with your GF reading the message you sent, then you are totally fine to send it.

Now if the ex replied with interest in you, you will have a Pandora's box to deal with.
Let me clarify. This wasn't an ex, just someone I had a crush on essentially but was unable to do anything about it at the time since I had a gf. I sent that initial FB message before anything really materialized with my current girl, which only picked up speed in the past month. It was more of an ode to the past I guess.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2014, 03:41 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,955,675 times
So what did she say?

Old 07-21-2014, 03:48 PM

19,722 posts, read 20,250,128 times
What, were you raised in a barn, show some manners. Read the damn response and reply like a human being.

Old 07-21-2014, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by D217 View Post
What, were you raised in a barn, show some manners. Read the damn response and reply like a human being.
This is extraordinarily not a big deal. The message was really benign that I sent. I've doctored it to remain anonymous. "I was ruminating on a rooftop patio in front of the (insert famous location). You definitely came to mind. What are you up to?" It looks platonic to me and she replied in a platonic fashion, remarking on what she is doing with her days.

Sorry for wasting your time. Looks like I never actually spilled my beans after all. Let this be a lesson, never drunk facebook people. Given that it was platonic, would it be wrong to continue the conversation? She was one of the only cool colleagues I've ever met.

Old 07-21-2014, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avoforastig View Post
This is extraordinarily not a big deal. The message was really benign that I sent. I've doctored it to remain anonymous. "I was ruminating on a rooftop patio in front of the (insert famous location). You definitely came to mind. What are you up to?" It looks platonic to me and she replied in a platonic fashion, remarking on what she is doing with her days.

Sorry for wasting your time. Looks like I never actually spilled my beans after all. Let this be a lesson, never drunk facebook people. Given that it was platonic, would it be wrong to continue the conversation? She was one of the only cool colleagues I've ever met.
Now you're asking for trouble.

Count your blessings that you have a GF you want to commit to, and LEAVE THIS GIRL ALONE.

Old 07-21-2014, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
Now you're asking for trouble.

Count your blessings that you have a GF you want to commit to, and LEAVE THIS GIRL ALONE.
I was just kidding!! Trying to lighten my foolish mood

Old 07-21-2014, 07:39 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,222,200 times
I had a couple messages like that when I first signed up for FB way back when. It's not a big deal to be curious what people are doing but once send a message to each other there is no reason to keep doing it. I probably had half a dozen "here's what I've been doing for the last 25 years" messages that I read/sent, deleted and promptly forgot about.

Old 07-21-2014, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avoforastig View Post
I was just kidding!! Trying to lighten my foolish mood
Sorry, my sarcasm meter must have been off.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships