Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2014, 05:06 PM

41,936 posts, read 37,033,395 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canada Boy View Post
I didn't get a reply, obviously.

Is this rocket science?

Not for me. But I've never had anything like this happened. Not sure what you did. Even if she wanted a free meal, and as rare as that is, they'd say goodbye at the door.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2014, 05:07 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,319,096 times
Quote:
IF I got a ring and a mortgage, and she left me the day after the wedding, this would make sense.

Stop trying so hard to be funny.
There are some guys who think like that. Marriage isn't for everyone.

Old 07-23-2014, 05:14 PM

4,005 posts, read 4,114,158 times
Quote:
So its our second date, things are going great (at least I thought). She gets up to go to the bathroom. I wait for a few minutes, find it odd its taking a long time, then ask the waitress if she's seen her. The waitress says no, and says she thinks she left. I'm sort of bewildered and stupidly pay for her $30 lunch. (I should have left the restaurant the woman's number and not paid).

Ugh. I feel stupid and worthless. How can people be like this? The weird thing is, her profile is all about how she tries her hardest to be kind to people etc.
But you are a good man for NOT leaving without paying. If you had done that, the waitress - who had nothing to do with it - would have been stuck at the very least explaining to her boss why two people got out without paying.

Consider that $30 is a cheap lesson when a lesson later in life with her could have cost so much more (in time, emotions, money, etc.)

High-five yourself that you dodged a bullet.

Old 07-23-2014, 05:32 PM

16,960 posts, read 17,371,830 times
Not cool.

I agree, $30 is a small price to pay to know the type of woman she really is. She would've gotten a lot more out of you if she wanted.

Old 07-23-2014, 05:41 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,198,855 times
That's just bizarre. On a second date? When you called - did you explain that you thought that she had left? Maybe she came back and thought that you ditched her.

Old 07-23-2014, 05:59 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,894,749 times
if she calls you OP, demand to know what happened, or dont ever take her calls again. if you see her, ignore her completely, act as if she doesnt exist. if she says something to you, look at her with a confused look on your face, and ask her do i know you? and then walk on.

Old 07-23-2014, 06:47 PM

1,764 posts, read 1,675,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
if she calls you OP, demand to know what happened, or dont ever take her calls again. if you see her, ignore her completely, act as if she doesnt exist. if she says something to you, look at her with a confused look on your face, and ask her do i know you? and then walk on.
This is the best ! Then she may wonder maybe I didn't have lunch with that guy !

I'm always thinking there has to be a logical answer here, like one post said maybe she is stepping out on her husband and saw someone she knew. I wonder if she wasn't feeling well, and just wanted to leave but if that was the case I would think she would have called to tell you why

Either way it sounds like she wasn't brought up with manners, and that has nothing to do with you.
Try to not take this so personally

Old 07-23-2014, 06:52 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,894,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70's Music Girl View Post
This is the best ! Then she may wonder maybe I didn't have lunch with that guy !

I'm always thinking there has to be a logical answer here, like one post said maybe she is stepping out on her husband and saw someone she knew. I wonder if she wasn't feeling well, and just wanted to leave but if that was the case I would think she would have called to tell you why

Either way it sounds like she wasn't brought up with manners, and that has nothing to do with you.
Try to not take this so personally
yep. years ago i was working in the tetons, and one girl that was working with us up and said straight out that she hated ALL men. so i figured that included me, so i avoided her. one day she happened to see me in the Kmart in jackson hole, and said hi to me, i just walked by her and ignored her. she got the message that she has to be a bit careful with what she says, and how she says it.

Old 07-23-2014, 07:37 PM

377 posts, read 533,737 times
Quote:
Yes. But left some bread she had boxed up.
Who get's just bread boxed up? You dodged a bullet, in 5 years the starch bomb would have exploded and you would have ended up with someone who looked like they ate her. Really, you're lucky it only cost 30, could have ended up wining and dining her, ended up with a 3 digit bill. You ended up being out 15.00 since you ate, and no worries of blue balls. Guys will date women for years, and end up thousands out, and in the same boat you're in now. So just go find another one, and if that fails, get another and so on...

Old 07-23-2014, 08:48 PM

532 posts, read 959,895 times
Quote:
So its our second date, things are going great (at least I thought). She gets up to go to the bathroom. I wait for a few minutes, find it odd its taking a long time, then ask the waitress if she's seen her. The waitress says no, and says she thinks she left. I'm sort of bewildered and stupidly pay for her $30 lunch. (I should have left the restaurant the woman's number and not paid).

Ugh. I feel stupid and worthless. How can people be like this? The weird thing is, her profile is all about how she tries her hardest to be kind to people etc.
So, are you upset that she walked out or that she didn't pay her portion? You said this was a date, but it seems as if she was expected to pay for her meal and on other post when someone asked you how she got home, you said she drove?

What exactly qualifies this as a date?

And if you had left without paying, they would have called the police, would not have been s smart thing to do.

However, unless you were being a total jerk to her, you can't control what she does, so there is no reason to feel stupid and worthless because of what one woman did.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships