Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-07-2014, 08:58 PM

214 posts, read 206,940 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRosa View Post
That's fair, I don't like anyone, except the people that like me then and I shall doll out respect as I see fit. That sounds good to me.
You'd have to also not respect yourself. I'm pretty sure if you're being honest with yourself, you view some people as "not someone you'd consider dating" whether it's due to age or them being unemployed or if they were country hicks or something else.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2014, 09:02 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,431,754 times
your post seems reasonable. but the way you shut down a bad show is by walking out.

Old 08-07-2014, 09:02 PM

8,757 posts, read 9,466,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sobaloba View Post
You'd have to also not respect yourself. I'm pretty sure if you're being honest with yourself, you view some people as "not someone you'd consider dating" whether it's due to age or them being unemployed or if they were country hicks or something else.
You are of course right, so I rescind respect for myself as well.

Old 08-07-2014, 09:03 PM

6,732 posts, read 9,996,977 times
Originally Posted by NilaJones
How would you (a woman) know he was doing it?

(This is a serious question.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sobaloba View Post
Just don't sleep with him immediately.
What about all the guys who say they would never marry a woman who didn't put out by the third date?

Old 08-07-2014, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRosa View Post
You are of course right, so I rescind respect for myself as well.

Old 08-07-2014, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NilaJones View Post
Originally Posted by NilaJones
How would you (a woman) know he was doing it?

(This is a serious question.)

What about all the guys who say they would never marry a woman who didn't put out by the third date?
And you want to be with them ...why again?

Old 08-07-2014, 09:18 PM

3,467 posts, read 8,144,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
It's not a numbers game, and I've never met a single person that even comes close to 1/100 responses. They're butchering their attempts if they do.

They're probably treating it, idiotically, as a numbers game.
Agreed.

Guys, you will have low success if you send out a ton of "hey ur hot" or "hi how are you" messages to any women with a photo that excites you.

Your success may go up if you:
1. Read the profile to determine compatibility. No matter how much you like her photo, if your profiles don't seem compatible, then her odds of responding have just dropped.
2. Are realistic about your attractiveness in comparison to the woman. I think OKcupid showed that women are more realistic about this, messaging/responding to men rated average more than men do with women rated average. That's likely the OP's problem - she is realistically rating herself average & messaging average men. Average men are messaging hot women & complaining about not getting dates...
3. Write a brief initial message that shows you read the profile & makes it easy for her to respond (i.e. ask a question or bring up a topic that lends to conversation, not a dead-end).

This can actually take less or about the same time/effort as playing the numbers game, because you are maximizing your time/effort to get more results from it.

Old 08-07-2014, 10:01 PM

814 posts, read 760,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeapple View Post
Agreed.

Guys, you will have low success if you send out a ton of "hey ur hot" or "hi how are you" messages to any women with a photo that excites you.

Your success may go up if you:
1. Read the profile to determine compatibility. No matter how much you like her photo, if your profiles don't seem compatible, then her odds of responding have just dropped.
2. Are realistic about your attractiveness in comparison to the woman. I think OKcupid showed that women are more realistic about this, messaging/responding to men rated average more than men do with women rated average. That's likely the OP's problem - she is realistically rating herself average & messaging average men. Average men are messaging hot women & complaining about not getting dates...
3. Write a brief initial message that shows you read the profile & makes it easy for her to respond (i.e. ask a question or bring up a topic that lends to conversation, not a dead-end).

This can actually take less or about the same time/effort as playing the numbers game, because you are maximizing your time/effort to get more results from it.
You know this is old news right? This has been talked about for years now. Any who can find this forum can find that found a mental advice. We've all tried it, if you send a clever message, yes you're more likely to get a response, but it doesn't mean anything. Basically she's just thanking you for the nice message, it doesn't mean she wants to meet you and won't meet you if you're not what she's looking for.

FYI if you just send hi how are you, she'll still view your profile. So if you pass the attractive test, and you have a well written profile, she's not gonna say "well all he said was hi."

Please don't argue with me, if you disagree, PM me and we'll get down to proving it.

Old 08-07-2014, 10:04 PM

6,732 posts, read 9,996,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaycich View Post
FYI if you just send hi how are you, she'll still view your profile.
She won't, that's the difference.

You are clearly not getting your info from RL women.

Old 08-07-2014, 10:08 PM

814 posts, read 760,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NilaJones View Post
She won't, that's the difference.

You are clearly not getting your info from RL women.
I've used online dating. You think I'm just pulling this out of thin air?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships