Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-17-2014, 04:54 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,616,844 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonBeam33 View Post
Ok, I have one last question that maybe some of the fellas on here can answer.

I deactivated my profile last night, as I don't need the distraction. Anyway, about 2 weeks ago I was messaging back and forth with a guy who lives in my area. He contacted me first. After a few messages I suggested we meet (I'm not interested in messaging for weeks, I'd rather know if there's chemistry right away). He said he would like that. So I responded that I wouldn't be around Friday but I was available Saturday, so to just let me know if that would work out for him or another night. After that, no response. Ok fine, whatever.

But then this: He deleted his profile and about a week later set up a whole new profile - new user name, some new pics, slightly different profile, but same person.

Why set up a whole new profile? Why not just block me if he wasn't interested?
I'm not a guy, but don't assume that his deleting/recreating his profile had anything to do with you, and don't even waste your time wondering about him period.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2014, 05:08 PM

8,757 posts, read 9,467,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
I'm not a guy, but don't assume that his deleting/recreating his profile had anything to do with you, and don't even waste your time wondering about him period.
^This. I noticed in my message folder, one guy had changed his pics, and I imagined his descriptions as the pic was more than a little different from the previous one; he went from being a white man to a black man in just a matter of a couple of days. I didn't check the profile to see what new things he wrote as I didn't care for the message he had sent the first time around, but, just checked the messages because I recognized the name and I knew I wasn't going crazy when I saw the new pic of him peeking my profile again. That gave me a good chuckle.

Old 08-17-2014, 05:33 PM

4,751 posts, read 5,441,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
Don't get me wrong - what I'm not understanding is why go to all the trouble of making a whole new profile? I mean, why bother, when you can change and update anything you want in the same profile, and just block/hide people with a single click? It seems like a whole lot of trouble for no purpose at all.

Old 08-17-2014, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Don't get me wrong - what I'm not understanding is why go to all the trouble of making a whole new profile? I mean, why bother, when you can change and update anything you want in the same profile, and just block/hide people with a single click? It seems like a whole lot of trouble for no purpose at all.
I have no idea what his motives were, but it doesn't matter. He did it because he felt like it.

Old 08-18-2014, 06:34 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,981,862 times
Who knows, but I'm willing to bet it wasn't about you.

Why waste a second of energy thinking about it? Not worth the time/energy.

Old 08-18-2014, 10:29 AM

540 posts, read 453,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Men online only want hot bimbos.
Not true. I also sleep with ugly bimbos. They are easier to sleep with, but they do need redeeming qualities ( large breasts, big butt, etc ). Women are honestly no better. When I put up a shirtless pic years ago I got replies and even winks from women.

I have a hard time believing she got almost no replies outside of being hideous, but I have no proof of her exploits other than word of mouth so I'll take it as an exception not the rule.

Old 08-18-2014, 10:33 AM

4,380 posts, read 4,452,262 times
Quote:
But then this: He deleted his profile and about a week later set up a whole new profile - new user name, some new pics, slightly different profile, but same person.
I've had this happen as well, though in a slightly different manner. He sent me a bunch of messages, which I stopped responding to. Then he deleted his profile and created a new one with a new name and different pictures, but all his text was the same. He picked up the conversation where it left off with the old profile.

It could be any number of reasons. I know with OKC you can't change your username unless you have a paid subscription, at least, I couldn't figure out how to do it. Or he could have been flagged for some reason and his profile was removed. Or it's not a real person. Online dating is full of fake profiles. Here's the latest example.

Robot Romeo Charms Women on OKCupid - NBC News

Old 08-19-2014, 05:46 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,875,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yshudicare View Post
Not true. I also sleep with ugly bimbos. They are easier to sleep with, but they do need redeeming qualities ( large breasts, big butt, etc ). Women are honestly no better. When I put up a shirtless pic years ago I got replies and even winks from women.

I have a hard time believing she got almost no replies outside of being hideous, but I have no proof of her exploits other than word of mouth so I'll take it as an exception not the rule.
Lol, nice.

Old 08-20-2014, 10:21 AM

4,380 posts, read 4,452,262 times
The latest one I'm talking to asked to meet, set up the date and location and before we settled on the time made plans to do something else that day.

Old 08-20-2014, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWGirl74 View Post
The latest one I'm talking to asked to meet, set up the date and location and before we settled on the time made plans to do something else that day.
People are just flaky. I'm still somewhat annoyed about the 40-something divorced dad who set up dates and canceled on me twice just hours before and then texted me saying that he didn't want to even bother trying to reschedule again because he's just too busy. lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships