Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-03-2014, 08:25 PM

6,732 posts, read 10,009,350 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
LOL, I must be really heinous. I don't think I've ever heard that. Not even from my mother. Definitely not from people I dated.
I think you are very handsome, timberline, especially in that suit .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2014, 08:28 PM

143 posts, read 169,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Men online only want hot bimbos.
You can't say ALL men online want hot bimbos. I wouldn't want a bimbo, and I'm 18!

Old 09-03-2014, 08:57 PM

2,234 posts, read 1,761,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Griffin View Post
You can't say ALL men online want hot bimbos. I wouldn't want a bimbo, and I'm 18!
All men want women that are hot to them. Not all, or even most, of the men on online dating are just looking to get laid. That's just something some women have told themselves. It's just as ignorant as me stating that all women online want rich sugar daddies...

Old 09-04-2014, 12:32 AM

7,829 posts, read 11,812,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
LOL, I must be really heinous. I don't think I've ever heard that. Not even from my mother. Definitely not from people I dated.
+1, nobody ever told me that.. I must've had a terrible childhood

Old 09-04-2014, 12:59 AM

10,029 posts, read 10,907,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NilaJones View Post
I have several times been astounded at how men rate their own looks. I see a lot of guys (over 40) who make comments about how hot they are... and their pictures say otherwise. And I have a close friend who is quite ugly, but once described himself as a bit better than average.

Maybe this has something to do with the (equally puzzling) way that so many men on CDR insist that women pick men solely based on looks? Maybe if guys are getting dates they figure they must be good looking despite what the mirror tells them? When, really, women are choosing them without reference to their looks.

And, of course, women are trained from childhood to praise men, so they have been hearing all their lives that they are so handsome....

It reminds me of an old Franklin and Bash episode I saw last night, featuring a very plain young woman who believed she was gorgeous. But, you know, that was a comedy.
I had a friend who was below average in looks (morbidly obese for example)who felt he deserved the hottest of the hot. I told him the hottest women wouldn't give him the time of day. He died single.

Honestly, I am somewhat stuck up and I know I am pretty. However most of the guys who contacted me were WAY below my league look wise. Talking beady eyes, large nose, wrinkles, crooked teeth, acne scars, hairy bodies, obese, bad haircuts, etc. Obviously some of those they couldn't fix but most weren't very ugly. Did they honestly think someone like me with full lips, clear skin, average nose, no teeth etc would even be remotely attracted?

Old 09-04-2014, 01:46 AM

130 posts, read 112,034 times
Quote:
Agree, disgusting

Old 09-04-2014, 05:28 AM

9,588 posts, read 5,857,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeapple View Post

I think the difference here is expectations though. Men seem to expect to attract a woman who is really out of their league looks-wise, perhaps because they over-rate themselves or think their personality and/or accomplishments should even things out. Sometimes it does....but they may be striving too high still.
Couldn't rep you again, orange!

Old 09-04-2014, 05:48 AM

863 posts, read 1,130,868 times
Quote:
That's funny...I know a few women who are the total opposites of "hot bimbos." They get 753375 messages a month.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mari1969 View Post
Agree, disgusting
So it must be equally as disgusting that women online want tall, dark and handsome men who can tower over them even in their heels, right?

Gotta love how it's a-ok to generalize about men around here, yet get crucified for doing the same to women.

Old 09-04-2014, 06:09 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,638,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
I had a friend who was below average in looks (morbidly obese for example)who felt he deserved the hottest of the hot. I told him the hottest women wouldn't give him the time of day. He died single.

Honestly, I am somewhat stuck up and I know I am pretty. However most of the guys who contacted me were WAY below my league look wise. Talking beady eyes, large nose, wrinkles, crooked teeth, acne scars, hairy bodies, obese, bad haircuts, etc. Obviously some of those they couldn't fix but most weren't very ugly. Did they honestly think someone like me with full lips, clear skin, average nose, no teeth etc would even be remotely attracted?
You don't have teeth??

Old 09-04-2014, 06:17 AM

41,936 posts, read 37,045,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeapple View Post
Well, then you cannot criticize women for having high standards then, either.
Maybe women should only respond to and message those 20% of men we find visually appealing?
Seems a fair solution to me. Then the current 2 men fighting over 1 woman will have even worse odds .

When have I criticized women for having high standards?

I've not had problem with OLD. It has worked great for me. I get a high response rate and people message me. No complaints at all. My dating life really took off with the advent of OLD in the early 00s (or then is when I started trying it).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships