Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-27-2014, 11:32 AM

12,535 posts, read 15,206,384 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWGirl74 View Post
I see in the last couple of days OKC has changed the name of the filtered email folder from "filtered" to "junk."
Isn't that great? Maybe I'm dehumanizing people, but I feel that if my profile states in several places that I am not interested in 20-somethings, and they write anyway, yes, they are junk.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2014, 12:30 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,896,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by variant View Post
Well, good thing someone's around to judge humanity. Jesus was taking a smoke break.
Well the guys with kids who are unemployed shouldn't be dating because they can't afford it.

Old 08-27-2014, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
Isn't that great? Maybe I'm dehumanizing people, but I feel that if my profile states in several places that I am not interested in 20-somethings, and they write anyway, yes, they are junk.
Exactly. My profile stated no less than three times I date men within ten years of my age and no dads so I consider it junk when it's someone not in that range. It's obvious to most that a guy contacting me who is 18 years old isn't contacting me for a serious relationship.

Old 08-27-2014, 01:35 PM

48,534 posts, read 34,873,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
Exactly. My profile stated no less than three times I date men within ten years of my age and no dads so I consider it junk when it's someone not in that range. It's obvious to most that a guy contacting me who is 18 years old isn't contacting me for a serious relationship.
It's a dating sight, not a fast food menu.

I swear I don't understand how people make it through life expecting everyone to do exactly what they want.

Even when I was contacted by someone outside of my "parameters" I did my best to gracious and polite.

I think the problem with some of the people who complain is they don't get what they "think" they deserve, and they get irate and rude when they find out differently.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 08-27-2014, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post

I swear I don't understand how people make it through life expecting everyone to do exactly what they want.

Even when I was contacted by someone outside of my "parameters" I did my best to gracious and polite.

I think the problem with some of the people who complain is they don't get what they "think" they deserve, and they get irate and rude when they find out differently.
My profile stated I didn't date dads and this wasn't going to change so they were idiots to contact me. They didn't even deserve the polite responses I gave, unless the guy was nasty.

Old 08-27-2014, 02:06 PM

10,069 posts, read 7,243,961 times
Quote:
My profile stated I didn't date dads and this wasn't going to change so they were idiots to contact me. They didn't even deserve the polite responses I gave, unless the guy was nasty.
Funny how easily people get offended. There's something about online communication in general that brings out the nasty in people, even ones that are decent IRL. It's like that whether it's online dating, online restaurant reviews, or online classes.

Old 08-27-2014, 02:24 PM

4,828 posts, read 4,286,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post

ABSOLUTELY! Any message I receive I still treat that person as a human being, even if I know I have no interest in the person. This is what the online dating movement has created. We have lessened people to words on screens with a digital image. We don't look any further than what our eyes can see. Just because we aren't interested doesn't mean we call them trash, uggos, losers, or any other derogatory term. Just because they aren't your cup of tea doesn't mean that they are any less of a person.

I've had my own difficulties with online dating and I try and have as much fun with it as I can. There's no point getting bent out of shape just because a 300 lb woman found interest in me. Yeah, she's not what I may have desired, but she's putting herself out there and taking a chance just like I am.

Old 08-27-2014, 03:52 PM

432 posts, read 491,889 times
Quote:
Well the guys with kids who are unemployed shouldn't be dating because they can't afford it.

Again, get out of your Jesus Christ pose.

I grew up in the notoriously economically depressed rural upstate New York area. Most people were underemployed, had kids, and had significant others. Some people will never be financially well off, it doesn't make them undeserving of love and family. In fact, combined incomes and one house is usually better all around.

Your class warfare attitude is disgusting. Know that.

Old 08-27-2014, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by variant View Post
Again, get out of your Jesus Christ pose.

I grew up in the notoriously economically depressed rural upstate New York area. Most people were underemployed, had kids, and had significant others. Some people will never be financially well off, it doesn't make them undeserving of love and family. In fact, combined incomes and one house is usually better all around.

Your class warfare attitude is disgusting. Know that.
So someone who has no money and has kids should be dating? most restaurants don't take food stamps and even if they did it is tacky. No they shouldn't be dating, because in many cases they are doing so to have someone support them. Instead invest in bettering one's self, then they will be a better mate. When I was unemployed I certainly didn't date.

Old 08-27-2014, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redguard57 View Post
Funny how easily people get offended. There's something about online communication in general that brings out the nasty in people, even ones that are decent IRL. It's like that whether it's online dating, online restaurant reviews, or online classes.
It bothers me because they didn't even read my profile. Some are quite nasty when I state no thanks or just delete.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships