Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: ......
I don't mind, he can play at any age 19 42.22%
If he's in his 30's thats fine, but I expect him to wean off it 5 11.11%
It's a turn-off 21 46.67%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2014, 02:08 PM

11,813 posts, read 12,059,287 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by West of Encino View Post
They don't like anything. I have get appalled whenever I see videos of females breaking their boyfriends' game consoles.
I have less issue with video games than I do with people who devote hours to watching youtube videos of crap like the bolded.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2014, 02:10 PM

5,648 posts, read 8,065,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
I have less issue with video games than I do with people who devote hours to watching youtube videos of crap like the bolded.
Females don't like anything that men do on their spare time whether it be video games, investing, watching videos, or anything.

Old 08-14-2014, 02:14 PM

3,467 posts, read 8,150,615 times
Quote:
Females don't like anything that men do on their spare time whether it be video games, investing, watching videos, or anything.
Females? Of what species?

Women have a variety of tastes and interests, as do men, and they more frequently cross than remain in totally separate realms. I like such things as live music, indoor rock climbing, swimming in the ocean & volleyball on the beach, surfing the internet, watching movies, cooking and reading - and so do many guys I know. They do these things in their spare time, as do I.

Old 08-14-2014, 02:26 PM

9,408 posts, read 13,753,497 times
The Entertainment Software Association - Industry Facts

Some interesting statistics about gaming. 48% of gamers are women. As an avid gamer myself I have no issue living with another gamer. We don't play together unfortunately, he doesn't like MMORPGs.

Old 08-14-2014, 02:31 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,319,096 times
Quote:
Which makes me want to stay single. I want to things I want to do and no control freak of a woman is gonna stop me from doing them. If I want to play video games, I'm gonna play them because I enjoy it.

Old 08-14-2014, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeapple View Post
Females? Of what species?

Women have a variety of tastes and interests, as do men, and they more frequently cross than remain in totally separate realms. I like such things as live music, indoor rock climbing, swimming in the ocean & volleyball on the beach, surfing the internet, watching movies, cooking and reading - and so do many guys I know. They do these things in their spare time, as do I.
I do agree that both sides should stick to their hobbies and interests without crossing over or criticizing.

Old 08-14-2014, 02:32 PM

1,226 posts, read 1,451,267 times
Ladies: Guys that are 30+ and still play with videogames, turn-off?

No. I am in my 40s and still am a gamer!! So is my husband who's also in his 40s. We both mellowed down on playing time though but we still both play.

Well I still am a HEAVY android games player LOL. I actually just downloaded quite a few new games for my tablet.

As for console games, my MUST play, the one that I absolutely MUST play is whatever new resident evil games that's released ESPECIALLY if it features my heroine - Jill 'badass' Valentine.

Old 08-14-2014, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
Which makes me want to stay single. I want to things I want to do and no control freak of a woman is gonna stop me from doing them. If I want to play video games, I'm gonna play them because I enjoy it.
Same here, man. Don't need their validation to do what I want when I want.

Like I always say... a person can be stressed sometimes when losing in a video game, but he'll be more stressed out in a relationship.

Old 08-14-2014, 02:56 PM

19,743 posts, read 20,300,567 times
I dated a guy once who had a pretty serious addiction to video games, so... My take on it now is: as long as he can still manage to bathe and eat meals regularly, hold down a job, leave the house at least once a day, and not deny me sex, then hey, it ain't no thang..lol

Old 08-14-2014, 03:02 PM

20,770 posts, read 20,013,845 times
My ex was addicted to video games.

Huge turn off for me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships