Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-20-2014, 07:14 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,251,824 times

Advertisements

Sixy, I am not surprised because I was 40 14 years ago so you were right in the age group within a few years of those I was in class with.

What is on the left side of the clutch on the floor is the dimmer switch which in my vehicles was a silver button on the floor that you used your foot to click the bright lights on and off.

My point in mentioning blonde and blonder is not the color of their hair or insinuating blondes are stupid, it was to show that they knew what it was because of their actual age known by me and everyone else. They just wanted everyone to believe they were much younger than they were.
They also lusted after the instructor, he is very handsome, the best in his field but ewe...

Old 11-20-2014, 07:16 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,251,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBeagleLady View Post
Right before I graduated, I had this feeling that I really didn't like what my degree is in. Regardless, I've spent the last eleven years doing it. I swore up and down when I go back for my master's, it won't be for that. The job I lost this past summer was probably the least I've used the degree, and I will be honest, in some ways it was a nice change. Now I'm back using it, in a position I am enjoying, and I've pretty much decided I want to go back for my master's in that field. Took me long enough to get here.
Beagle, it is never too late to strive for something you want to accomplish.
I've told myself for more than 25 years I was going to learn how to quilt and I have material that has been in our home for more than 15 years. I have almost finished my first quilt, it has a lot of mistakes and there is not one straight line of stitching on it but I know that our Grandson will know that I did my best with the knowledge and skills I have and there is no mistake in the amount of love I have for him.

Old 11-20-2014, 07:28 PM

17,635 posts, read 22,643,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sixy* View Post
Well, I'm 40 and I have no idea what a dimmer switch is. lol
(and I'm not blonde )
It's kinda like a belly button, for a car.....

Old 11-20-2014, 07:32 PM

6,143 posts, read 7,557,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
Beagle, it is never too late to strive for something you want to accomplish.
I've told myself for more than 25 years I was going to learn how to quilt and I have material that has been in our home for more than 15 years. I have almost finished my first quilt, it has a lot of mistakes and there is not one straight line of stitching on it but I know that our Grandson will know that I did my best with the knowledge and skills I have and there is no mistake in the amount of love I have for him.
Good for you! It will be a perfect quilt because it's made with love.

Sometimes I kick myself for not going back to school sooner, but ultimately I think it's good I haven't. I really needed/wanted a break after undergrad and if I had gone then, I would be stuck now with a degree I don't want. If I had gone even just a few years ago, I would have done something else entirely. By waiting, I think I will be picking the best program and I will be more ready to get back to it.

I worked for a couple companies in the past that would have paid for it, but I didn't want to commit to having to work for them for so many years. In hindsight, my reluctance was for the best.

Old 11-20-2014, 07:39 PM

11,879 posts, read 14,211,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by glenmorangie View Post
I get a little sad when I hear someone that went to a typical university saying how weird it would be to have someone in a class that's far outside the age range of a typical college student. It's not weird, it's an extra opportunity to learn from their experiences outside of school.
I was good friends with a few of guys like that during my undergrad days .

Old 11-20-2014, 07:57 PM

52,282 posts, read 52,700,922 times
Beagle, you have to weigh the pro's and con's of the Master program.... I know a lot of dudes that get it and sometimes it just doesn't pay out like you think it will, not to distract you as I'm a huge proponent of education, but there is a cost benefit analysis that needs to be done and that is something that you and SD should think about... most MA/MBA programs cost a good chunk of change and you need to weigh for you if it makes sense... if it does... rock on and you know we're all rooting for you...

Old 11-20-2014, 08:01 PM

6,143 posts, read 7,557,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Beagle, you have to weigh the pro's and con's of the Master program.... I know a lot of dudes that get it and sometimes it just doesn't pay out like you think it will, not to distract you as I'm a huge proponent of education, but there is a cost benefit analysis that needs to be done and that is something that you and SD should think about... most MA/MBA programs cost a good chunk of change and you need to weigh for you if it makes sense... if it does... rock on and you know we're all rooting for you...
One thing I learned from my job search, it is pretty much necessary. It won't be in the near future, but hopefully the not too distant one. I've got some other stuff to take care of first.

Old 11-20-2014, 08:01 PM

19,429 posts, read 15,248,700 times
Well, I already posted about how I dropped out of high school, took my GED. But I later took some college courses, and I felt really old in the classes, too. But Chow and I were just discussing it, and I was only late 20's, early 30's! I was taking Philosophy, Freehand Drawing, Film Appreciation; you know, the really useful, pragmatic courses, lol. Seriously, though, I was only taking them out of interest, for fun.

Old 11-20-2014, 08:12 PM

52,282 posts, read 52,700,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBeagleLady View Post
One thing I learned from my job search, it is pretty much necessary. It won't be in the near future, but hopefully the not too distant one. I've got some other stuff to take care of first.
You know your line of work much better than I......

I know in my industry, it's a weird industry, cause you can have guys with full on engineering degree's and have their PE's and have others that just have tech training and both with hard work can make it into management if they want.. but like I said, my industry is a little odd in that respect.. but yeah... if you need to do that just to be competitive than it is what it is....

Old 11-20-2014, 08:13 PM

11,879 posts, read 14,211,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
True, but robotics is something mostly offered at a Graduate level, hence my reason for going ahead with Grad school. Most jobs in that field prefer employees with a Masters Degree. OTOH, you guys know my grueling job search which I do post updates on.

Finally, I've decided going ahead with a Research position, since the professor I'll be working with has good industry connections with Ford motors. I'll do research with him for my masters thesis, and hopefully he can recommend me up the chain when I apply as a full time for Ford.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships