Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-01-2014, 08:37 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,085,984 times

Advertisements

Well I'm only going for their "cheap shyt"...lol

I need to pick up a few scrubbers with handles, some bag clips, spice jars and whatever other kitchen crap I think I need.

I got paper lamps from them one year...they were pretty cool.

I'm also looking for a few comfy chairs for my classroom...like those saucer-type chairs.

Old 11-01-2014, 08:38 PM

12,572 posts, read 15,575,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sixy* View Post
I can go a long time without buying anything online...and then I buy ONE thing and it sets me off. lol

Do you have Prime? That makes it SO easy to purchase online. 2-day shipping makes it worth it too...no reason to buy from a store anymore unless it's something I want to see in person.

I'm heading to IKEA tomorrow for who know what. It's been a few years since I've been there. I'll have to try and control myself
Road trip!
During one visit there we were in line behind several women/girls of varying ages, in the cafeteria, that looked like they were straight out of a polygamist colony.

Old 11-01-2014, 08:41 PM

19,435 posts, read 15,271,628 times
Quote:
Well I'm only going for their "cheap shyt"...lol

I need to pick up a few scrubbers with handles, some bag clips, spice jars and whatever other kitchen crap I think I need.

I got paper lamps from them one year...they were pretty cool.

I'm also looking for a few comfy chairs for my classroom...like those saucer-type chairs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WFW&P View Post
Road trip!
During one visit there we were in line behind several women/girls of varying ages, in the cafeteria, that looked like they were straight out of a polygamist colony.
Well, that seems like an unfair, one-time assessment. Never once have I witnessed that at our IKEA.

lol

Old 11-01-2014, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Road trip!
I'm already out here. We had hockey out this way and I didn't want to drive back late at night. There is NOTHING between here and my house except back country roads. And I'm too tired to drive back. We are only 1 mile from the place. Sleep in, get breakfast and then do some shopping before we go home.

He has to be back by 4:00 for baseball. I'm going to FREEZE my ass off at that game!

Old 11-01-2014, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post
Lol! I didn't say it wasn't! Still like a lot of their stuff. Especially smaller, accent stuff.

I'm not familiar with RTG. I just looked it up. Is that Rooms To Go? lol.
Much of their stuff is quite nice looking and practical.
Yep, Rooms to Go. We have two swivel glide barrel chairs that cost as much as a 6 piece living room set we used to own from RTG.

Old 11-01-2014, 08:51 PM

Quote:
I'm already out here. We had hockey out this way and I didn't want to drive back late at night. There is NOTHING between here and my house except back country roads. And I'm too tired to drive back. We are only 1 mile from the place. Sleep in, get breakfast and then do some shopping before we go home.

He has to be back by 4:00 for baseball. I'm going to FREEZE my ass off at that game!
I was going to ask if you wanted company to swing by. Oh well.

Old 11-01-2014, 08:57 PM

Quote:
I was going to ask if you wanted company to swing by. Oh well.
Yeah, not passing you on the way here, just on the way home.

We were in South Charlotte, I didn't drive the northern route, and I wouldn't have taken it home either if I left for home from the rink. I am not saying you are "nothing" out there in Greensboro

We took 64/49 out here. Have you ever driven on 49? I normally take a different route but I think I might have to use that one more often (for South Charlotte anyway...we were in Matthews). It was SO PRETTY. The entire route was lined with trees and rolling hills and all the leaves are changing. Great drive, even if it was a bit drizzly out.

Old 11-01-2014, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post

Well, that seems like an unfair, one-time assessment. Never once have I witnessed that at our IKEA.

lol
It was an observation, not a dig against IKEA nor like Wal-Martians. The clothes, hair, disposition were all identical. Trust me if you saw them you would have thought the same thing.

Old 11-01-2014, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Yeah, not passing you on the way here, just on the way home.

We took 64/49 out here. Have you ever driven on 49? I normally take a different route but I think I might have to use that one more often (for South Charlotte anyway...we were in Matthews). It was SO PRETTY. The entire route was lined with trees and rolling hills and all the leaves are changing. Great drive, even if it was a bit drizzly out.
I have. It can be a scenic drive unless you're trying to get the hell out of there and get home. Then it's a PITA.
One small perk of the job is this time of year and working in the northern counties means I get to see the change sooner than those who don't drive that way.

Old 11-02-2014, 02:57 AM

35,094 posts, read 51,291,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi from the Brunswicks View Post
LOL, I got rejected from yet another internship after the interview . Now down to 2 positions which are still undecided.
Is this the Ford one that you were supposed to sign the papers for?

I wish these people would make up their mind and follow through with their decision and I know you wish they would do the same.

Keep trying, it will all fall into place soon I'm sure.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships