Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2014, 09:34 AM

36,539 posts, read 30,891,756 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jr78512 View Post
Well, that's a bit of a vulgar way to put it, and this is not the case anymore due but traditionally for hundreds of years both spouses had an obligation have...relations so that children can be had, the main reason I would want to get married is for the simple fact that if I don't have kids my family won't exist since I have no brothers, only a sister and my parents are both only children since my moms brother died childless and my dad had no siblings.
It is what it is.
For hundreds, thousands of years spouses carried out their obligations and were boning someone else on the side.
And what if you or your wife were barren?

Old 12-09-2014, 09:36 AM

7,235 posts, read 7,043,473 times
Also: if you only plan to do it when you want to procreate, you better let a woman know that upfront. Most normal, healthy people have higher sex drives than that.

Old 12-09-2014, 09:39 AM

78 posts, read 56,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantabridgienne View Post
When was the last time you went to as wedding that included the word "obey" in the vows?
Last year at my sisters wedding.

Old 12-09-2014, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Also: if you only plan to do it when you want to procreate, you better let a woman know that upfront. Most normal, healthy people have higher sex drives than that.
You're incredibly ladylike and classy...too classy that I don't want to talk to you anymore. Don't you have a bra burning to go to? Leave me alone.

Old 12-09-2014, 09:41 AM

7,235 posts, read 7,043,473 times
Good luck finding another person besides your sister who will "obey" a spouse as if she is a dog.

Old 12-09-2014, 09:44 AM

35,094 posts, read 51,273,394 times
Quote:
Well, that is a particularly liberal diocese, and I would have to go through the humiliating and emasculating process of getting a nullification. I don't live in what ifs, I am out sick from work and on my computer. However there is a difference between living life and taking risks that you find unnecessary. Sounds unnecessary to me.

So far you have all the answers so why even post the question?

By the way you do live life in "what if's" otherwise you would not be worrying about something that has not happened and may never happen.

Anyway, I wish you all you deserve in your lifetime so carry on.

Edited to add: If something is that important to someone they are never humiliated by taking the necessary steps to do what needs to be done to make themselves happy.
My Mother went through the process and she is as close to being a Nun as one can be without actually being a Nun and she was not humiliated by any part of it.
She was filled with Joy that the Church allowed her to no longer be bound to the biological donor.

Old 12-09-2014, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Good luck finding another person besides your sister who will "obey" a spouse as if she is a dog.
Well as I said I am fine and I almost prefer not associating myself with the modern American female, who doesn't have morals. I was just lamenting. However, in real life if I was having the conversation I would be addressing your husband not you, as it is rude to address a married woman. Good bye.

Old 12-09-2014, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
So far you have all the answers so why even post the question?

By the way you do live life in "what if's" otherwise you would not be worrying about something that has not happened and may never happen.

Anyway, I wish you all you deserve in your lifetime so carry on.
I wasn't asking a question. I was making a statement and thinking out loud.

Old 12-09-2014, 09:56 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,181,467 times
Quote:
Well the traditional view on marriage is that two people get together to create children and for financial security, love as a concept is relatively new and quite farsical. I don't want to control anyone, however I do want my religion to be the controlling factor in all of my interpersonal relationships, I can guarantee that on my end. Unfortunately times have changed for the worst and the law isn't on my side. I resent that you're mocking me because you have an agenda, go live a life of joy and leave me alone. Thanks.
I'm not sure what agenda you believe that I have. And love is not a relatively new concept. Look at the great poets, authors, musicians, artists, etc. from as far back as you can go - and you will see that love was always a driving force.

I'm not mocking you. I'm pointing out to you that you can't control anyone but yourself - and that most people value love and happiness.

It possible of me to live a life of joy AND to post on this thread!

Old 12-09-2014, 09:56 AM

36,539 posts, read 30,891,756 times
Quote:
Well the traditional view on marriage is that two people get together to create children and for financial security, love as a concept is relatively new and quite farsical. I don't want to control anyone, however I do want my religion to be the controlling factor in all of my interpersonal relationships, I can guarantee that on my end. Unfortunately times have changed for the worst and the law isn't on my side. I resent that you're mocking me because you have an agenda, go live a life of joy and leave me alone. Thanks.

I think the traditional view on marriage was to increase wealth, strengthen alliances and to keep your woman from fornicating with another man and producing offspring that were not biologically heirs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships