Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2014, 12:45 PM

78 posts, read 56,319 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
Well, you don't sound "like a wise old person." You sound more like a bratty, grumpy old person.

Don't blame your religion. The fact that you can't see your problem is why you need therapy.

Don't you know that your comments are based on hate and fear? Can you really not see that? That is not what Christianity is about.

Also, Tennessee is full.
Are you the queen of Tennessee, I can move anywhere I would like.

No fear, but doesn't mean you should flout rules...the praise the lawd/feel his luv isn't Christianity, at all. It's evangelical superstition. God isn't supposed to be fun, your soul isn't really a laughing matter. I was raised by Irish immigrants, we like our faith straight up with no ice.

Old 12-09-2014, 12:46 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,775,977 times
Quote:
Aw, crisis averted. Salvation is at hand!!
Ha ha! And I am still LMAO at "Tennessee is full."

Old 12-09-2014, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantabridgienne View Post
Weren't you the one who would encourage therapy for a partner who was very sexual?
No, I said if they were into things that were frankly wrong that no sane person would approve of. We all get sexual urges, just like sometimes we get urges to curse at people and smack people, you use self control.

Old 12-09-2014, 12:51 PM

7,235 posts, read 7,051,222 times
There are acts that are illegal and immoral, and I think most people know what those are.

Somehow, I feel like you probably disapprove of a lot more than that.

Old 12-09-2014, 12:52 PM

7,235 posts, read 7,051,222 times
My SO was raised in Ireland by Catholic parents and has none of these hangups that you do.

Old 12-09-2014, 12:53 PM

36,672 posts, read 30,977,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jr78512 View Post
Well you can legislate morality. Adultery was illegal in most countries, as was sodomy, and a whole slew of other things for the majority of our existence. It's only unraveled in the last 50 years.

As for my religion, nothing major as changed doctrinally in my religion in centuries. Whatever wasn't allowed in 1450 still isn't allowed today, the thing is now people forsake religion. Feel free to live your own life, I will mine. Whatever is meant to happen will happen. I would definitely prefer to be alone than to spend any amount of time, and effort on any of the people that I've encountered as of yet in this society, I haven't had the pleasure of going abroad yet.. But perhaps I will one day, I have heard that Eastern European people have more conservative view on life. Poland is the only country where according to major polls this generation is more religious and conservative than the last, although I wouldn't settle in Poland permanently because I love America, it is a cool thought. Turn on a TV or go to a mall and you will see what I'm talking about, than pick up a book that describes "life in pre-reformation Europe" and read about the morals of the people, I aspire to that.. Again I wasn't asking a question or for advice, more like out loud thinking.
Yet people in "most countries" still commit adultery, practice sodomy and a whole slew of other things. Always have, always will. What you think is legislating morality is in fact nothing more than punishments.

You did not answer the question. I will repeat it:
How is it that you came about adhering to such stringent religious beliefs and "moral values", I assume through the Catholic church, yet there are no female members that hold the same beliefs and "moral values". Are you the only righteous member of your flock?

One would think that other members of your church would hold the same beliefs and values as you do if nothing has changed in the churches' doctrine for over a half a century.

Old 12-09-2014, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Yet people in "most countries" still commit adultery, practice sodomy and a whole slew of other things. Always have, always will. What you think is legislating morality is in fact nothing more than punishments.

You did not answer the question. I will repeat it:
How is it that you came about adhering to such stringent religious beliefs and "moral values", I assume through the Catholic church, yet there are no female members that hold the same beliefs and "moral values". Are you the only righteous member of your flock?

One would think that other members of your church would hold the same beliefs and values as you do if nothing has changed in the churches' doctrine for over a half a century.
You cannot try and stop every behavior, however you can punish it when caught.

Plenty of people are strictly religious, I don't know where you get the idea that they aren't. In fact most Catholics I have met believe how I believe. Some practice what they preach and some don't, I try too. I'm a sinner. So is everyone but Christ and his Holy Mother, doesn't mean I can't try.

Old 12-09-2014, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantabridgienne View Post
My SO was raised in Ireland by Catholic parents and has none of these hangups that you do.
What's a so?

Well, has he left his religion/are you two married? If yes to the former and no to the latter I'm not surprised.

Old 12-09-2014, 01:02 PM

Quote:
OK, for real, no more jokes.

You have a serious anger problem. For somebody messing around on the internet in the middle of the day, you are really, really troubled.

But you know this. That's why you came here. Well, that and the trolling.

We all have issues, but anger? No.

Did I curse at anyone or even insult anyone?

Old 12-09-2014, 01:03 PM

36,672 posts, read 30,977,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jr78512 View Post
Are you the queen of Tennessee, I can move anywhere I would like.
Excuse me sugar, but I am the Queen of Tennessee, and we are full.
Full of Baptists (foot washing and chicken steeling), Lutherans and Methodists. Of course you might fit in the Mennonite community, but they're not Catholic either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships