Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2014, 01:21 PM

78 posts, read 56,172 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantabridgienne View Post
Do you address many women in your "real life", OP?
My co workers, my mom, sister on the phone, cashier at a store. In high school yeah, I pretty much keep to myself out of choice. Turned down a full scholarship to University of Rhode Island because I preferred to stay at home, in my bubble so to speak.

Old 12-09-2014, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
PLEASE tell me you at least see the irony in this comment.
How am I bad? Go to mass a few times a week. Work like a Hebrew slave. Volunteered at a hospice a few times. Pay my rent. Love my parents...

Old 12-09-2014, 01:24 PM

Quote:
So you're a good person and everyone else is bad. That along with your fear of sex should make finding a wife a piece of cake!
Didn't I say I am pretty much content being single lest I find a time machine or something?

Old 12-09-2014, 01:25 PM

837 posts, read 960,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jr78512 View Post
I sin too but at least I know it's wrong. Other people dance around proclaiming their pride in being, well bad.
The issue is that you're not the reigning decider of what's good or bad, moral or immoral. You don't get to decide that for all of America.

Quote:
People should do what they want, but don't "front" as people my age say and pretend you're a good person in the Christian sense of the word when you aren't.
Are you not "fronting" right now in this exact way? You sinned, and you were pardoned, and here you are fronting that you have better morals than everyone else. How do you know these people you are complaining about haven't sinned, were pardoned, and are back to living how they deem is right?

Other people follow religions and tenets that allow for living in a way that makes them happy. This may include things that are forbidden in your religion. It does not make it universally wrong or right on a global, humanistic level.

There is not a single reason keeping you from living your life and surrounding yourself with people that acknowledge the same sins as you. What you "front" as right and holy, someone else out there may be viewing you in the same exact way you view them. "Gosh, that person is flaunting his/her religion when it's wrong." What makes you the right one up against that other person with conflicting beliefs? Your religion's hundreds of years of history?

Live and let live, or be banished to a life full of worrying about how people choose to live their own lives. There is zero benefit in trying to dictate their perfectly happy (or unhappy) existence unless they're doing something that hurts you. If they fornicate, adulterate, homosexulate, or feminate all over you, God has made it your responsibility to walk away and live your life. Like I already said, I'm not sure your religion considers your line of thinking and irritation with other adults' decisions to be a constructive application of the faith.

Work on yourself. Not the rest of the world.

Old 12-09-2014, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenmorangie View Post
The issue is that you're not the reigning decider of what's good or bad, moral or immoral. You don't get to decide that for all of America.

Are you not "fronting" right now in this exact way? You sinned, and you were pardoned, and here you are fronting that you have better morals than everyone else. How do you know these people you are complaining about haven't sinned, were pardoned, and are back to living how they deem is right?

Other people follow religions and tenets that allow for living in a way that makes them happy. This may include things that are forbidden in your religion. It does not make it universally wrong or right on a global, humanistic level.

There is not a single reason keeping you from living your life and surrounding yourself with people that acknowledge the same sins as you. What you "front" as right and holy, someone else out there may be viewing you in the same exact way you view them. "Gosh, that person is flaunting his/her religion when it's wrong." What makes you the right one up against that other person with conflicting beliefs? Your religion's hundreds of years of history?

Live and let live, or be banished to a life full of worrying about how people choose to live their lives. There is zero benefit in trying to dictate their perfectly happy lives unless they're doing something that hurts you. If they fornicate, adulterate, homosexulate, or feminate all over you, God has made it your responsibility to walk away and live your life. Like I already said, I'm not sure your religion considers your line of thinking and irritating with other adults' decisions to be a constructive application of the faith.

Work on yourself. Not the rest of the world.
The difference is I have to live in the rest of the world and be subjected to it, and the Papal States have all but receded to a small enclave of Rome so I don't really have a refuge unless I become a Cardinal.

I consider those things you mentioned to be sins, on par with murder and rape. Would you wanna see murder and rape all around you even if it was the vogue of the day?

Old 12-09-2014, 01:31 PM

7,235 posts, read 7,034,747 times
You should have gone to college, then.

Old 12-09-2014, 01:33 PM

Quote:
You should have gone to college, then.
No, why would I do that? To take classes that don't mean anything and live in a form with a bunch of teens drinking and having sex with each other? No, I would rather make less money. I pride myself on blue-collarness

Old 12-09-2014, 01:35 PM

837 posts, read 960,380 times
Quote:
The difference is I have to live in the rest of the world and be subjected to it, and the Papal States have all but receded to a small enclave of Rome so I don't really have a refuge unless I become a Cardinal.
Quote:
Trouble follows sinners everywhere, but righteous people will be rewarded with good things.
Repeat that to yourself every time a gay man or drug addict makes eye contact with you. If you believe they'll get what they have coming, their fate is out of your hands.

I have yet to see you give a reason how or why being surrounded by sin impacts your way of life in a way you have no control over. What do you mean by you're "subjected" to it? Look away, walk away, move away. It's all in your power until you start expecting everyone to live by your rules, and you don't have the right to impose that on everyone who isn't you.

You are not a victim of anything here but yourself.

Old 12-09-2014, 01:36 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,901,366 times
Quote:
How am I bad? Go to mass a few times a week. Work like a Hebrew slave. Volunteered at a hospice a few times. Pay my rent. Love my parents...
The irony is how much PRIDE you take in being "good," which in your mind = better than everyone else.

GET OVER YOURSELF.

It's about God, not you.

Old 12-09-2014, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenmorangie View Post
Repeat that to yourself every time a gay man or drug addict makes eye contact with you. If you believe they'll get what they have coming, their fate is out of your hands.

I have yet to see you give a reason how or why being surrounded by sin impacts your way of life in a way you have no control over. What do you mean by you're "subjected" to it? Look away, walk away, move away. It's all in your power until you start expecting everyone to live by your rules, and you don't have the right to impose that on everyone who isn't you.

You are not a victim of anything here but yourself.
Thank you for the quote. I like it.

It affects me like this, I pay income tax and that pays for the Boston Gay Pride celebration. If I owned a business and refused to refer to Laura and Jane and wives I could get sued. In that same business if a gay man applied for the job and I didn't hire him for the same reason you wouldn't hire a pedophile, I could lose my business. My faith is publicly mocked on television where in a different time those people would be burned at the stake. In the summer time when I go outside I basically have to cover my eyes because people think it's okay to be naked and I don't need to see that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships