Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2015, 02:20 PM

2,401 posts, read 3,643,129 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DennyCrane View Post
Right before she cancelled on me, she was sending sexy pictures of herself and I made sure to tell her how incredible she looked. But one thing I didn't realize until now is that there weren't any full body shots, just stuff of her from the chest up.
I still think you could try the naked intimacy I mentioned before, except you get naked in front of her first and let her know you want to see her and dont care about her size. You care about her and her size is a part of her. She needs to hear that to feel some security. Even if it helps a little, over time with consistency all those little bits become a lot. Dont be afraid to wrap your arms around her waist where shes insecure. The more you do this the better she will feel that you do accept her.

Im just saying from personal experience as a large woman myself whos been through this. But everyone is different.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2015, 02:25 PM

20,764 posts, read 19,976,767 times
how do you know she cancels because of HER weight? Maybe she cancels because of YOUR weight!

Old 01-22-2015, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
how do you know she cancels because of HER weight? Maybe she cancels because of YOUR weight!
Nah shes doing the thing where she only shows cleavage and up. I used to do that because I didnt like the way the rest of my body looked in pictures but really liked my face. She isnt comfortable with herself.

Old 01-22-2015, 02:40 PM

8,518 posts, read 15,643,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleur View Post
Why do you suspect that she's cancelling on you because of her weight? Could she be cancelling for other reasons?
It could be for other reasons. I have no idea. My point is IF she's canceling because of her weight, what can I do to help put her at ease?

For now, I'm taking her at her word. But this is the second time she's canceled. If it were a matter of her losing interest, that would be one thing. But I don't see any signs of that. If anything, I get the opposite impression. You don't send sexy pictures to someone the night before you're set to come over dinner if you're losing interest in them. We'll see how it goes. But both times were pretty similar. A steady buildup followed by a cancelation at the last minute. First tired, now sick. If she is making it up, I'm not upset. I just want to be sure she's not afraid of where things are headed and getting cold feet.

Old 01-22-2015, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yiuppy View Post
Nah shes doing the thing where she only shows cleavage and up. I used to do that because I didnt like the way the rest of my body looked in pictures but really liked my face. She isnt comfortable with herself.

So did you get in shape or what did you do to change it? Maybe she also only likes your face?

Old 01-22-2015, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DennyCrane View Post
It could be for other reasons. I have no idea. My point is IF she's canceling because of her weight, what can I do to help put her at ease?

For now, I'm taking her at her word. But this is the second time she's canceled. If it were a matter of her losing interest, that would be one thing. But I don't see any signs of that. If anything, I get the opposite impression. You don't send sexy pictures to someone the night before you're set to come over dinner if you're losing interest in them. We'll see how it goes. But both times were pretty similar. A steady buildup followed by a cancelation at the last minute. First tired, now sick. If she is making it up, I'm not upset. I just want to be sure she's not afraid of where things are headed and getting cold feet.

Invite her OUT to dinner and not at home. When you are out eating, make her feel comfortable in her body, give her compliments. Or tell her "I am glad you are not just ordering a salad" or stuff like that. Go with the flow. Or recommend a big dish and if she says "I shouldn't eat that", tell her how great she looks.

After dinner, kiss her until she faints and take her home.

Old 01-22-2015, 02:48 PM

17,155 posts, read 12,962,522 times
I have a good body. I exercise a lot, keep trim, and am not considered overweight by any means. The only person who was critical about my body was my ex-husband, and he was very critical and harsh, always telling me I needed to lose weight. He liked very skinny girls, but I'm short, curvaceous, muscular, and busty. I have a body like a gymnast, not a ballerina, and there is no changing that, nor do I want to change it, especially not for a d-bag. His excessive criticism is a big reason he's my EX-husband

Old 01-22-2015, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
I have a good body. I exercise a lot, keep trim, and am not considered overweight by any means. The only person who was critical about my body was my ex-husband, and he was very critical and harsh, always telling me I needed to lose weight. He liked very skinny girls, but I'm short, curvaceous, muscular, and busty. I have a body like a gymnast, not a ballerina, and there is no changing that, nor do I want to change it, especially not for a d-bag. His excessive criticism is a big reason he's my EX-husband
Good for you. And how is this going to help OP with his question?

Old 01-22-2015, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
So did you get in shape or what did you do to change it? Maybe she also only likes your face?
I got more comfortable showing my body to men who like it. But the way they would touch me and respond to seeing me helped a lot as well.

Old 01-22-2015, 03:05 PM

2,492 posts, read 3,031,370 times
Is this an online relationship? Seems like it could be one of those girls who is just in it for attention. I'm sorry but an interested women wouldn't flake out over seeing you even if she's was uncomfortable about her body. Maybe keep the lights off but not cancel dates etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships