Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-27-2015, 04:15 PM

7,934 posts, read 8,588,889 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSmuggler View Post
So women have to put in no work. Got it.

That was the answer I was going for, but I give you credit for the assist.

So much for liberation from gender roles.
It's your world and they're just living in it. That's the way you gotta look at it. They're there if you want them, and if you don't they'll leave you alone and never bother you. Your choice. The box you live in is far less restrictive and intrusive than the one they live in. Most men would perish the thought of ever trading places. Women lament that they can't act like men all the time.

Old 01-27-2015, 04:36 PM

2,183 posts, read 2,637,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by krieger00 View Post
Why do they need to put in work? I am old school if I liked a girl enough I would just go for it. I would be turned off if she too interested it is like I got the cat in the bag.

Guy have to put in a lot more work than woman do.

I can bet you that your not the only one wanting the same woman you have to fight to win her over.

That us why a woman has the next guy in her phone ready to go once she dumps the guy she is with.
What makes you think that "cat already in the bag" phenomenon doesn't apply to women too?

Old 01-27-2015, 05:04 PM

378 posts, read 441,443 times
Default Re: "What work do women have to put in?"

Quote:
What work do women have to put in?

Contrary to what was said a couple of pages back, men checking out, opting out, giving up and etc. is a very real and growing phenomenon.

We're only at the very beginning of it.

Interesting times lay ahead.
Look HOT and stay HOT!

I don't go for 'Fugly 5'. They have to be at least 7 (out of 10) for me to go for them.

Old 01-27-2015, 05:18 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,160,393 times
Quote:
What work do women have to put in?

Contrary to what was said a couple of pages back, men checking out, opting out, giving up and etc. is a very real and growing phenomenon.

We're only at the very beginning of it.

Interesting times lay ahead.
Yes. Women are very, very scared.

Old 01-27-2015, 05:29 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,303,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdroplet76 View Post
Yes. Women are very, very scared.
You're married lol. Of course you're not scared.

Old 01-27-2015, 05:58 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,160,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
You're married lol. Of course you're not scared.
Even if I wasn't married, I still wouldn't be scared. The guys on here that are opting out of relationships might want to convince themselves that they are scaring women because they are becoming so numerous - but they are lying to themselves if they honestly believe that.

Old 01-27-2015, 06:19 PM

5,121 posts, read 6,801,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdroplet76 View Post
Even if I wasn't married, I still wouldn't be scared. The guys on here that are opting out of relationships might want to convince themselves that they are scaring women because they are becoming so numerous - but they are lying to themselves if they honestly believe that.
I'm not married and I am not scared. I honestly don't care either way. Sure, I'd like a man in my life, but I don't "need" one. And I certainly don't want to marry. For every guy out there who is vocal about it, there is a woman who feels the same. There is no "threat" or looming "interesting times."

In fact, new trend: USATODAY.com - More men than women say 'I do' to marriage, family

Quote:
Men are more likely than women to prefer marriage over lifelong singlehood and in many ways are as interested in serious family relationships as women, according to a study that provides the government's first comprehensive glimpse into the male psyche... For example, to the statement "It is better to get married than go through life single," 66% of men agreed, compared with 51% of women.

Old 01-27-2015, 06:31 PM

9,408 posts, read 13,736,042 times
These guys are just fooling themselves really. Desperate attempts at trying to justify an aberrant type of mindset.

Old 01-27-2015, 06:39 PM

1,423 posts, read 1,393,865 times
Not everybody is made for marriage....period!

No matter if you are succesful or not, no matter if you have tons of money or not. Not everybody can find a suitable mate.

If you are rich, you want to date your level. And often women (or men) on that level want somebody above their level.

If you go low, you are afraid she or he (if is too good looking) will take advantage of you.

If you are a blue collar worker you have to date within your range but you don't want to live in a trailer. Too redneck.

And that's for starters.

Marriage was always about social convenience first and then they they gave you the love card, which is on most cases a lie. In the dawn of time was about strength, then about power, then about the money.

I guess somehow we evolve but the roots stay the same.

Old 01-27-2015, 06:54 PM

5,121 posts, read 6,801,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
These guys are just fooling themselves really. Desperate attempts at trying to justify an aberrant type of mindset.
I think they think women will miss them when, like I said, the truth is there are plenty of women out there just like them (leaving the men and women who want each other, together). All their talk seems to be about some perceived "punishment" of women as a whole. I don't feel punished at all and I doubt most others do as well. I mean, do any men really feel "punished" by women out there who hate men and shun them? Probably not. Most don't even notice because there are plenty of fish in the sea and the trends seem to indicate that's not changing.

My guess is the only women punished are the mothers of some of these men... if they have mothers who want grandchildren (and unless these men are only children and the only hope at grandchildren... that's kind of dilated too).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships