Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-03-2015, 03:50 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,207,787 times

Advertisements

"I'm flattered, but no thank you."

That's all.

Old 02-03-2015, 04:01 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,897,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashleyga View Post
More than a few men on here have insinuated that I'm ugly and undesirable, therefore older men tend to flock in my direction, because I obviously can't get anyone else.

Which is fine, never hurt my feelings.

They've also left reputations saying that other women on this thread are jealous because they're fat and old, lol. It's funny (in a ridiculous way) really.

I'm not saying that you said that, because I don't think that at all, it's just some men have left precedence on here haha.
Earlier another female poster got a rep saying she was jealous or something silly like that so sadly some men do think that older women are jealous about not being approached. Actually many older women are approached, these goofy men just think older means ugly and fat while young means hot. Strange. I suspect these same men don't approach anyone at all or get rejected.

Old 02-03-2015, 04:05 PM

13 posts, read 11,636 times
I don't see what the big deal is. I live in a college town myself and am 37. The city is only around 100,000 ppl. And to add to that, it's like 75 percent Caucasian, which is not my preference. But I'm stuck here for work and long distance relationships don't work for me. So I end up talking to college age women all the time. Most women my age are past it. They have kids, or are divorced, and i could give a **** if she has money or a career. Dating a younger demographic gives me a higher chance of having a family and a higher chance of dealing with someone who hasn't taken on too much emotional damage or sexual partners. Now 18 is a lil young but I think that attraction is straight coded into our DNA. An 18 year old will produce much healthier children than a 38 year old. Not sure if the same is true for men. To the OP, just smile and say no thanks. Won't be the first or the last.

Old 02-03-2015, 04:10 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,897,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cincere_One View Post
I don't see what the big deal is. I live in a college town myself and am 37. The city is only around 100,000 ppl. And to add to that, it's like 75 percent Caucasian, which is not my preference. But I'm stuck here for work and long distance relationships don't work for me. So I end up talking to college age women all the time. Most women my age are past it. They have kids, or are divorced, and i could give a **** if she has money or a career. Dating a younger demographic gives me a higher chance of having a family and a higher chance of dealing with someone who hasn't taken on too much emotional damage or sexual partners. Now 18 is a lil young but I think that attraction is straight coded into our DNA. An 18 year old will produce much healthier children than a 38 year old. Not sure if the same is true for men. To the OP, just smile and say no thanks. Won't be the first or the last.
Actually it is the same and a 38+ year old man seeking college age women because of wanting kids has a few screws loose.

Old 02-03-2015, 04:12 PM

20,764 posts, read 19,984,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashleyga View Post
More than a few men on here have insinuated that I'm ugly and undesirable, therefore older men tend to flock in my direction, because I obviously can't get anyone else.
Whaaaaaaaaaat? You are super pretty and you know it!

However, by looking at your picture I have to say you could be 15, 18 or 25. Many older guys might hit on you because they might think you are 25 or older.

Old 02-03-2015, 04:13 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,207,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anabasis X View Post
If the approach is polite and tactful, there is absolutely nothing wrong with it. ALL men find women in the age group of 18-24 most attractive. Few brainwashed examples will claim otherwise, but that's simply because they are affraid of their own masculinity. Don't worry, you have few good years ahead of you.
What an ascendant way of thinking.

Old 02-03-2015, 04:16 PM

41,936 posts, read 36,989,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anabasis X View Post
If the approach is polite and tactful, there is absolutely nothing wrong with it. ALL men find women in the age group of 18-24 most attractive. Few brainwashed examples will claim otherwise, but that's simply because they are affraid of their own masculinity. Don't worry, you have few good years ahead of you. If any guy approaches you politely, yet you don't think you want anything to do with him, simply let him know youre not interested. Problem solved.
Dude, I'm 43. A senior in high school or a college girl (I've worked at Universities) look like little kids. They're not sexually attractive. They're children.

It's pretty apparent you're in you 20s and FOS.

Old 02-03-2015, 04:19 PM

203 posts, read 178,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
What an ascendant way of thinking.
Yes, I always aim to uplift the masses =)

You are welcome!

Old 02-03-2015, 04:22 PM

203 posts, read 178,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Dude, I'm 43. A senior in high school or a college girl (I've worked at Universities) look like little kids. They're not sexually attractive. They're children.

All men are attracted to youth and beauty. If you are not, perhaps a little self-reflection would help you find why that might be. Im talking about sexual attraction to youth and beauty, both of which are markers of fertility. Not seeking a life long partner. No matter how PC one wants to be, it will never override human nature.

Old 02-03-2015, 04:22 PM

20,764 posts, read 19,984,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post

I so agree.

I am a 38 year old woman and the thought of kissing a BOY in a sexual manner would make me feel weird.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships