Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-03-2015, 04:23 PM

20,764 posts, read 19,972,298 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anabasis X View Post
All men are attracted to youth and beauty. If you are not, perhaps a little self-reflection would help you out, so you can figure out whats wrong. Im talking about sexual attraction to youth and beauty, both of which are markers of fertility. Not seeking a life long partner. No matter how PC one wants to be, it will never override our human nature. You cant fake nature, my man.

Old 02-03-2015, 04:30 PM

5,121 posts, read 6,803,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashleyga View Post
More than a few men on here have insinuated that I'm ugly and undesirable, therefore older men tend to flock in my direction, because I obviously can't get anyone else.

Which is fine, never hurt my feelings.

They've also left reputations saying that other women on this thread are jealous because they're fat and old, lol. It's funny (in a ridiculous way) really.

I'm not saying that you said that, because I don't think that at all, it's just some men have left precedence on here haha.
They are just foaming at the mouth mad for some reason... I don't know why. Maybe they don't like it when it's pointed out that they aren't necessarily desirable by the ones they desire? Maybe they want to date younger women and are afraid women talking about how we aren't interested in much older men might convert someone or something. Maybe they are men your age who are unlucky in love and hope that turning 40 will magically make women attracted to them. The fact is there are some women who will date much older men, but most don't. Most people date around their own age. I don't know why that's such a threat to some men's ego that they feel the need to make "behind the scenes" and cowardly "rep" attacks on you. They can't even say what they think out in public under an anonymous name because they know they are out there in left field.

And why would would women be jealous? That makes no sense either. Are women jealous of men who like chubby women (chubby chasers)? Of course not... let them chase. Are women with jealous of men who only like a certain race? Again, no. Why would women be jealous any more than men would be jealous of a cougar going after young guys? Or women who only date men who are over 6 feet tall. Most 40-year-old men don't date 18-year-olds. So why be jealous of a small minority that has no real bearing on their lives? I wonder if anyone will come out and explain it.

Last edited by jillabean; 02-03-2015 at 04:40 PM..

Old 02-03-2015, 04:38 PM

41,936 posts, read 36,962,945 times
Quote:
All men are attracted to youth and beauty. If you are not, perhaps a little self-reflection would help you find why that might be. Im talking about sexual attraction to youth and beauty, both of which are markers of fertility. Not seeking a life long partner. No matter how PC one wants to be, it will never override human nature.

Sorry, people in kids bodies (which is what 18 is) don't turn me on. That's not my nature.

And physical attributes aren't what attraction is about to me or most adults. Its a component, but not nearly the component of connecting with the mind is.

Old 02-03-2015, 04:40 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,893,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
I so agree.

I am a 38 year old woman and the thought of kissing a BOY in a sexual manner would make me feel weird.
That's because you are mature. Apparently some of these men aren't which is sad. At 44 the idea of kissing a 20 year old man seems weird. If I was seeking a sexual fling only I may consider a young guy but I desire much more.

Old 02-03-2015, 04:44 PM

6,720 posts, read 8,390,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jillabean View Post
They are just foaming at the mouth mad for some reason... I don't know why. Maybe they don't like it when it's pointed out that they aren't necessarily desirable by the ones they desire? Maybe they want to date younger women and are afraid women talking about how we aren't interested in much older men might convert someone or something. Maybe they are men your age who are unlucky in love and hope that turning 40 will magically make women attracted to them. The fact is there are some women who will date much older men, but most don't. Most people date around their own age. I don't know why that's such a threat to some men's ego that they feel the need to make "behind the scenes" and cowardly "rep" attacks on you. They can't even say what they think out in public under an anonymous name because they know they are out there in left field.

And why would would women be jealous? That makes no sense either. Are women jealous of men who like chubby women (chubby chasers)? Of course not... let them chase. Are women with jealous of men who only like a certain race? Again, no. Why would women be jealous and more than men would be jealous of a cougar going after young guys? Or women who only date men who are over 6 feet tall. Most 40-year-old men don't date 18-year-olds. So why be jealous of a small minority that has no real bearing on their lives? I wonder if anyone will come out and explain it.
I don't get it either. Sure some young women like older guys, but it's not the norm. Most people date within a ten year age range. Sure there are couples with 25+ age differences, but they stand out.

It's not surprising for an older guy to hit on a younger woman. I am sure she is very attractive. it's also not surprising for her to think its a bit weird.

I am shocked when a guy in his sixties or his twenties hits on me. That just seems bizarre. When someone could be my child or my dad it seems weird and a bit icky.

Of course there are women out there who don't care about a huge age difference, but it shouldn't be surprising that many won't date them.

Old 02-03-2015, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillabean View Post

And why would would women be jealous? That makes no sense either. Are women jealous of men who like chubby women (chubby chasers)? Of course not... let them chase. Are women with jealous of men who only like a certain race? Again, no. Why would women be jealous any more than men would be jealous of a cougar going after young guys? Or women who only date men who are over 6 feet tall. Most 40-year-old men don't date 18-year-olds. So why be jealous of a small minority that has no real bearing on their lives? I wonder if anyone will come out and explain it.
Once again the voice of reason. I'd like to know why all of us are supposed to be jealous of men who date much younger. If anything most of us are happy to avoid men like that because we are grown up. Then again I see so many postings here that make me scratch my head because it's not what I see offline. Online yes I see a lot of men seeking much younger (often women young enough to be their daughter)but rarely see that offline. Oh sure some men try but they usually get laughed at by people and look like fools. Where did this idea come from that women seek much older men? I never understood why men in their 60's and up were contacting me on dating sites, did they think they stood a chance?

Old 02-03-2015, 04:46 PM

102,211 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
What an ascendant way of thinking.
Oh. right. I forgot. Thanks for the reminder.

Old 02-03-2015, 04:48 PM

41,936 posts, read 36,962,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
That's because you are mature. Apparently some of these men aren't which is sad. At 44 the idea of kissing a 20 year old man seems weird. If I was seeking a sexual fling only I may consider a young guy but I desire much more.

These child posters often don't seem to understand that someone being attractive and being attracted to them is not synonymous with physical good looks. Looks of people have good bodies and faces and aren't attractive people, and even more aren't attractive to me. Good looks /= attractive. They just don't get it yet and misuse the terms.

Old 02-03-2015, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
These child posters often don't seem to understand that someone being attractive and being attracted to them is not synonymous with physical good looks. Looks of people have good bodies and faces and aren't attractive people, and even more aren't attractive to me. Good looks /= attractive. They just don't get it yet and misuse the terms.
Very true. They are the same people who think because someone is a typical look that everyone is attracted. Sort of like when people name a celeb (like Brad Pitt or George Clooney)and say "I bet you would allow him to hit on you". Very bizarre. Incidentally I did meet a man who most would consider handsome and is rich (he's a cofounder of one of the biggest rock bands ever)and yet I wasn't foaming at the mouth. I liked meeting him but it was because of who he is not his looks. I did find him attractive years ago (and he still is)but not sure why I would get turned on by a man I wouldn't stand a chance with anyway (not because of looks but because he is happily married). Likewise I've met people not conventionally attractive who looked better because of personality. I've even met people considered handsome who did nothing at all for me and in fact turned me off.

Old 02-03-2015, 04:57 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,168,171 times
Quote:
All men are attracted to youth and beauty. If you are not, perhaps a little self-reflection would help you find why that might be. Im talking about sexual attraction to youth and beauty, both of which are markers of fertility. Not seeking a life long partner. No matter how PC one wants to be, it will never override human nature.
How old are you? Do you have a girlfriend? How old is she? Just curious.

As for the OP, as others have said, there will always be older men hitting on younger women. There will always be younger men hitting on women. There will always be men of all ages hitting on women of all ages. Just take it as a compliment (as long as they aren't scary or perverted) and politely decline. You're a pretty girl - you're going to just have to get used to it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships