Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-03-2015, 05:07 PM

4,575 posts, read 5,194,363 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
Once again the voice of reason. I'd like to know why all of us are supposed to be jealous of men who date much younger. If anything most of us are happy to avoid men like that because we are grown up. Then again I see so many postings here that make me scratch my head because it's not what I see offline. Online yes I see a lot of men seeking much younger (often women young enough to be their daughter)but rarely see that offline. Oh sure some men try but they usually get laughed at by people and look like fools. Where did this idea come from that women seek much older men? I never understood why men in their 60's and up were contacting me on dating sites, did they think they stood a chance?
Sounds legit. I am in the younger crowd. Not 30 yet. And many are shocked when they find I am not in HS. To get an alcoholic drink, I had to be carded, because apparently I look no older then 19. I told my father about it, then commented, "I guess I don't look almost 30." And his reply was, and quote "Hell no." me being only 5'0 doesn't help either.

So many people 18-20s haven't matured into their looks yet, and still look like children at that point. So I can see why many would find that unsettling.

I am in the young crowd, and I can't wait to age some and lose the little girl look I apparently have.

Old 02-03-2015, 05:17 PM

78,444 posts, read 60,640,522 times
It's sad that these threads always get drug down by rudeness and generalizations.

For those offering reasoned polite discussion, thankyou for your time and all the best.

Old 02-03-2015, 05:20 PM

4,613 posts, read 4,797,211 times
Quote:
But you made a comment that older men all find all younger women attractive and that's not true.
This is the conclusion to which I refer. He did not say this. He said they find them MOST attractive. I don't agree with that either (as mentioned, some men do not feel this way). But you derived your own analogy for comparison that did not stem from what he said (i.e. comparing an out of shape 18 year old to a fit 40 year old).

There is FAR too much inference from people's posts, and your post was one of them.

He said "all men find women in the age group 18-24 most attractive". Whether or not one agrees with this, the conclusion you drew from that post was, "older men find all younger women attractive" and "a man would prefer an out of shape 18 year old over a fit 40 year old".

Your conclusions were poorly drawn, whether or not you agree with his sentiment. That's how these discussions get out of hand.

Re: Anabasis - You have to be REALLY hesitant before using all-encompassing words like "All" and "everybody/nobody". Internet arguing 101 dictates that people attack the evidence, not the idea. I see a lot of what you're saying, but certainly wouldn't say that "all men" agree with it.

Would I suggest that "most" men find "a lot of" younger women physically attractive? Sure. But that entire premise is lost when you attempt to make a grand sweeping statement that includes everybody, because people stop listening at that point and focus more on the inaccuracy of the statement itself over the idea behind it.

Old 02-03-2015, 05:32 PM

2,912 posts, read 2,444,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hivemind31 View Post
This is the conclusion to which I refer. He did not say this. He said they find them MOST attractive. I don't agree with that either (as mentioned, some men do not feel this way). But you derived your own analogy for comparison that did not stem from what he said (i.e. comparing an out of shape 18 year old to a fit 40 year old).

There is FAR too much inference from people's posts, and your post was one of them.

He said "all men find women in the age group 18-24 most attractive". Whether or not one agrees with this, the conclusion you drew from that post was, "older men find all younger women attractive" and "a man would prefer an out of shape 18 year old over a fit 40 year old".

Your conclusions were poorly drawn, whether or not you agree with his sentiment. That's how these discussions get out of hand.

Re: Anabasis - You have to be REALLY hesitant before using all-encompassing words like "All" and "everybody/nobody". Internet arguing 101 dictates that people attack the evidence, not the idea. I see a lot of what you're saying, but certainly wouldn't say that "all men" agree with it.

Would I suggest that "most" men find "a lot of" younger women physically attractive? Sure. But that entire premise is lost when you attempt to make a grand sweeping statement that includes everybody, because people stop listening at that point and focus more on the inaccuracy of the statement itself over the idea behind it.
I always really like your thoughtful posts. Unfortunately, I think a lot of what you say often goes right over many peoples heads. And yes, count me among the people not having the slightest interest in hitting on someone that young. I'd never go more than seven years younger myself.

Last edited by david0966; 02-03-2015 at 06:23 PM..

Old 02-03-2015, 05:35 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,897,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hivemind31 View Post

Saying men find younger women more attractive really has little to do with this. It had to do with a younger woman not wanting to date an older guy. He probably has issues to think he stands a chance or has something else going on because most men know they are going to strike out with a younger women. Sure, most women are more attractive when they are younger but so are most men. However, this doesn't mean that most men seek younger women or even pay attention. In fact, a few male posters have stated they don't.

Old 02-03-2015, 05:40 PM

102,218 posts, read 107,977,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdroplet76 View Post
As for the OP, as others have said, there will always be older men hitting on younger women. There will always be younger men hitting on women. There will always be men of all ages hitting on women of all ages. Just take it as a compliment (as long as they aren't scary or perverted) and politely decline. You're a pretty girl - you're going to just have to get used to it!
Most sane post of this thread.

Old 02-03-2015, 05:42 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,886,289 times
Why not just do what you do when unwanted younger men hit on you. I don't see the problem.

Old 02-03-2015, 05:46 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,310,947 times
If you're a pretty woman, men will hit on you. As long as he isn't being creepy accept the compliment and move on. Please don't be mean if you reject him though.

Old 02-03-2015, 06:10 PM

13 posts, read 11,636 times
Quote:
Saying men find younger women more attractive really has little to do with this. It had to do with a younger woman not wanting to date an older guy. He probably has issues to think he stands a chance or has something else going on because most men know they are going to strike out with a younger women. Sure, most women are more attractive when they are younger but so are most men. However, this doesn't mean that most men seek younger women or even pay attention. In fact, a few male posters have stated they don't.

I think general physical attraction to younger women is normal. And will always be. ****s coded into our DNA.
However, that does not mean the majority of men act on this attraction. Although I interact with college age women because of the town I live in, I do in fact find it difficult to pursue something long term. But for casual fun, it's pretty good to be with younger than older.

As far as women go, it seems totally normal that a woman would not be attracted to much younger men. Maybe physical attraction but I'm not sure that's enough to go on for most women. I think they consider so much more than men before they choose any type of partner. Money, power, possessions, the ability to provide and protect, etc etc. most of that comes with age and maturity. No woman wants to be with sum young broke ass 18 yo who doesn't drive, has no idea what he wants, how to get, or where he is goin.

Old 02-03-2015, 06:18 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,897,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cincere_One View Post
I think general physical attraction to younger women is normal. And will always be. ****s coded into our DNA.
However, that does not mean the majority of men act on this attraction. Although I interact with college age women because of the town I live in, I do in fact find it difficult to pursue something long term. But for casual fun, it's pretty good to be with younger than older.

As far as women go, it seems totally normal that a woman would not be attracted to much younger men. Maybe physical attraction but I'm not sure that's enough to go on for most women. I think they consider so much more than men before they choose any type of partner. Money, power, possessions, the ability to provide and protect, etc etc. most of that comes with age and maturity. No woman wants to be with sum young broke ass 18 yo who doesn't drive, has no idea what he wants, how to get, or where he is goin.
Newsflash, younger men are more attractive than older men. Women don't judge based on money because women make their own. It's not biology for men to want younger and women to want older, that's silly. If I was seeking casual fun I would choose a younger man versus older because they are hotter. However because I am mature I'm seeking a relationship like that. I also don't seek men based on their ability to protect and power. I can do all of that myself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships