Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-07-2015, 11:32 PM

321 posts, read 372,403 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyJ34 View Post
Whining is not confined to one gender.
True, but you have to admit it's skewed rather heavily toward our gender on forums like this, with this thread being a prime example,
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2015, 11:34 PM

4,613 posts, read 4,795,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UC18 View Post
True, but you have to admit it's skewed rather heavily toward our gender on forums like this, with this thread being a prime example,
We'll just have to agree to disagree about that. I see plenty of both.

Old 02-08-2015, 01:16 AM

688 posts, read 897,593 times
OP, you make a valid point.

However, are you wanting those "picky" women to pick you? Honestly, they could all kiss my... I mean, why bother with completely superficial women? Because they're pretty? There's a lot more to life than looking at a pretty mate.

I met my wife through OLD. All the women that didn't message me back, they'll never know what they missed out on. Sucks for them, right?

The bigger the checklist for a mate, the more likely you're going to die alone.

Old 02-09-2015, 07:15 AM

7,492 posts, read 11,830,974 times
Not really.

Old 02-11-2015, 12:21 PM

2,209 posts, read 2,318,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
Are you only looking at the very hot ones?

I never saw the point of listing demands. I say what I'm into and what I think about a few things, say I'm looking for someone like-minded, and list a couple of deal-breakers, like I wouldn't date a smoker, someone who is religious, or someone who has minor-age children.

It's better to show than to tell. If you have a quirky sense of humor, that should come out in your writing or the way you answer questions about your favorite TV shows, etc., instead of saying, "I have a quirky sense of humor." A lot of it is that people just don't know how to write well and sometimes it comes off as bragging.
No, I never message the women who I think are hot or gorgeous because I automatically assume those women are going to be extra arrogant, self-absorbed, and demanding. Plus, those women probably get inundated with messages daily, so I think why bother?

I rarely message women at all ( partly because I'm not that active on any OLD site), but when I do occasionally send a message, it's always sent to someone who seems pleasant, easygoing, and at least somewhat attractive. And I have had some e-mail exchanges and replies, but for whatever reason, the communication ends. Granted, I am not a forward guy: I don't rush to make a date or ask someone out; I prefer to move slower. I know many guys try to date right away ( like after the first message or two), but that's not me.

But back to the types of women: I just can't stomach arrogance or inflated ego, and OLD seems saturated with people who possess those two qualities.

Old 02-11-2015, 12:27 PM

2,209 posts, read 2,318,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redguard57 View Post

Mark Zuckerberg - net worth 34.3 Billion, and his wife, Priscilla. She's an attractive woman - there are better pictures of her, everybody can clean up. I chose one where they look average. In the looks department alone she's not particularly special (although I bet she's a great person and very smart - she's a doctor and accomplished in her own right). They were dating for 9 years before they got married in 2012, so before Facebook when he was just a student. There is no doubt much more to their relationship than money. They were broken up for a while in 2007 and Zuckerberg supposedly dated some student from Berkeley although it's not clear if that actually happened.

There he is, obviously younger, with some girl... I just googled "Zuckerberg girl." It may be his sister for all I know but again she's attractive but no Ms. Universe. She looks normal.

But still, I've dated way hotter and I have a lot less than 34 billion. Money is not everything. The most physically attractive women I ever dated were when I was pretty much broke.
For an Asian woman, she is quite voluptuous.

And they make a cute couple. Her ethnic features contrast nicely with his Nordic/Scandanavian? features.

Old 04-19-2015, 09:53 AM

2,916 posts, read 3,001,526 times
Women have more options.

Men are less likely to agree on what is considered "attractive" whereas as women tend to be of a more similar mind when evaluating male attractiveness.

Because of this, most women in OLD will get at least SOME attention. If you're short and petite, medium height and thick or a taller BBW, you'll have men trying to message you. The fact that a woman turns down the men, doesn't mean she lacks options. The odds are good, but the goods are odd. She has options, but just doesn't like them. Sometimes the reasons are legitimate and other times the reasoning is based on a pure lack of attraction based on minor issues like being a couple of inches too short or having the wrong hair color. Not liking your options is different than not having options.

Old 04-21-2015, 07:34 AM

65 posts, read 43,667 times
I really hate to generalize about an entire gender, but I have to say that most women on dating sites take it very seriously, and it's not about attention. They are genuinely looking to meet someone. You can tell right away.

I hope my generalization won't get me into trouble, and I hope I haven't offended any women here.

Old 04-21-2015, 07:44 AM

3,349 posts, read 2,848,444 times
You want dick pictures send to you.
Be my guest.

Old 04-23-2015, 02:25 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,349,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hivemind31 View Post
Regarding the OP: OLD simply magnifies the experiences you come across in the real world because of the ease which you can browse people.

Women getting hit on by creeps? Expect that x100 online.

Men getting blown off? Expect that x100 online.

..etc.

Is it an "over abundance"? That boils down to whether or not the user can handle it. But if it's too much, they always have the option to log off.

I'd be overwhelmed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships